This Should Be In Every School

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very good -     http://www.(!64.56:886/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.(!64.56:886%2FChannel4News%2Fvideos%2F10154717292226939%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560

You sad bastarrd

He looks like a old hippy but he would get my vote for headmaster of the year

Primary school kids , campfires, plucking and gutting , shooting shotguns, general outdoor fun and learning, best results academically in the area with children from all backgrounds.

Ok cheers mate

Better than I thought it was going to be, although I hope to take care of all of that stuff with mine.......I was only showing my 4 old the full crop of a pheasant yesterday :-)

I'm all for teaching kids a few life skills away from the books . If doing this kind of thing gives the kids a bit more respect for their teachers then great, and no surprise if it converts into better exam results. Don't think it's realistic though for every school. What's needed is for schools and teachers to be given tools to administer punishment and retain discipline.

I am glad you were not my teacher or principal in school! I can guarantee I would have put more effort into my studies if it meant a bit of time in the field and I am sure nearly all the kids would have been the same. Tbh I find your choice of words quite disturbing.
"Disturbing"..., really? Maybe you think it's fine for kids to swear at, spit at and assault their teacher, and totally disrupt and destroy another kids education? Or is that all the fault of schools because they never taught them to dress and cook a pigeon?
No I don't think kids should be able to swear, spit at teachers etc the words I find disturbing are 'schools and teachers to be given tools to administer punishment' what tools? Like a cat o nine tails or do you mean more modern 'tools' like tasers or pepper spray? As I said I find your choice of words disturbing as they can be interpreted in many ways.

I'm all for teaching kids a few life skills away from the books . If doing this kind of thing gives the kids a bit more respect for their teachers then great, and no surprise if it converts into better exam results. Don't think it's realistic though for every school. What's needed is for schools and teachers to be given tools to administer punishment and retain discipline.

I am glad you were not my teacher or principal in school! I can guarantee I would have put more effort into my studies if it meant a bit of time in the field and I am sure nearly all the kids would have been the same. Tbh I find your choice of words quite disturbing.
"Disturbing"..., really? Maybe you think it's fine for kids to swear at, spit at and assault their teacher, and totally disrupt and destroy another kids education? Or is that all the fault of schools because they never taught them to dress and cook a pigeon?
No I don't think kids should be able to swear, spit at teachers etc the words I find disturbing are 'schools and teachers to be given tools to administer punishment' what tools? Like a cat o nine tails or do you mean more modern 'tools' like tasers or pepper spray? As I said I find your choice of words disturbing as they can be interpreted in many ways.
and any teacher giving his kind of punishment would have me to deal with Atb martyn

'Tools' was meant in the metaphorical sense, I'm not in favour of corporal punishment in schools. Times have changed, kids are much less respectful of teaching staff and we don't seem to have figured a way to get it back on track.., and that's not just because we've banned the cane/strap.

The thing that set our country apart in the world in the last couple of centuries is our access to education. It's allowed us to innovate and out compete, and produce some great people. On that score, and due to the technological revolution we're living in, the rest of the world is catching up fast. Whilst some of 'our' kids piss away a great education, kids in the developing world are walking 10 miles to and from school. That's all I meant really.

• Like 1

I'm naturally cynical, so I checked out some of the headteacher's claims. Hs school does not get the best results in the area. Four schools in the area are considered by Ofsted to be 'outstanding'. Fairclough's school is judged 'good'. Two fifths of pupils get free school meals according to Ofsted not two thirds as Fairclough stated. According to the Ofsted report, clay pigeon shooting takes place 'occasionally'. ( When the cameras are there?)

The guy struck me as a poser. I hope when he grows up he'll look back at himself running round on a quad ( which he presumably bought himself from school funds) whilst pretending to be Atilla the Hun and be very embarrassed.

The first rule of shooting safety you should teach a kid is to NEVER point a gun at anybody. Yet the clip starts off with the viewer looking down the end of a twelve bore. I would hope too that if my kid was taken fishing by his school he would wear a buoyancy jacket. A lot of excited kids and deep water can quickly end in disaster. That isn't wrapping children in cotton wool, it's just common sense. I also felt sorry for the kid with the bit of wood and a piece of string being conned into thinking he had a chance of catching a fish. That's not encouraging a love of fishing, that's a good way of putting a kid off fishing for life. Just my honest assessment.

https://basc.org.uk/youngshots/a-fathers-advice/

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1

I'm naturally cynical, so I checked out some of the headteacher's claims. Hs school does not get the best results in the area. Four schools in the area are considered by Ofsted to be 'outstanding'. Fairclough's school is judged 'good'. Two fifths of pupils get free school meals according to Ofsted not two thirds as Fairclough stated. According to the Ofsted report, clay pigeon shooting takes place 'occasionally'. ( When the cameras are there?)

The guy struck me as a poser. I hope when he grows up he'll look back at himself running round on a quad ( which he presumably bought himself from school funds) whilst pretending to be Atilla the Hun and be very embarrassed.

The first rule of shooting safety you should teach a kid is to NEVER point a gun at anybody. Yet the clip starts off with the viewer looking down the end of a twelve bore. I would hope too that if my kid was taken fishing by his school he would wear a buoyancy jacket. A lot of excited kids and deep water can quickly end in disaster. That isn't wrapping children in cotton wool, it's just common sense.

You sad bastarrd
  • Like 3

Why do you say that? Two minutes googling shows the man to be a spin doctor. What facts have you got that disproves my assessment of the clip/ the man? The world is full of chancers/phonies, he's yet another.

Edited by jukel123

The first rule of shooting safety you should teach a kid is to NEVER point a gun at anybody. Yet the clip starts off with the viewer looking down the end of a twelve bore. I would hope too that if my kid was taken fishing by his school he would wear a buoyancy jacket. A lot of excited kids and deep water can quickly end in disaster. That isn't wrapping children in cotton wool, it's just common sense.

You sad bastarrd
Looking into something rather than taking it at face value doesn't make someone sad

You sad bastarrd
Looking into something rather than taking it at face value doesn't make someone sad
Yes jukel has some good points but he is a sad bastarrd for only pointing out the negatives, surely even the biggest cynic on a hunting forum could have found at least one positive. Sad bastarrd...
  • Like 1