Finley Bred Terriers

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He can call them what he wants, he feeds them. I dare say he doesn't call them anything but his terriers, it's other people who put labels on your kennels. The only person I've seen in modern times pu

I have had the pleasure of being in DFs company, both socially and in the field. I have been gifted pups and studs over bitches. Not once have I heard him describe his dogs as DFs terriers, also on wr

The man dug more than most could only dream of, they say madness is next to genius and he's as mad as a box of frogs. We've all got our own ideas on what suits us, some like them a bit rough, some li

Posted Images

I was waiting for you to say that Glyn, i never forget what people tell me about terriers, anything else goes over my head, but not the terriers. I asked Tony for the breeding of him and maybe a picture, none were given but both were promised.

Used a Findlay bred dog last year with good results hopefully .Never met the bloke tbh but hear he has a decent yard .Of what I've seen of his stuff though ,they are far removed from the NS root stock and it has to be said probably better for it .

• Like 1

Why did NS use Dingo? Was he similar stamp/breeding as his own stuff?

Research RH, it's in the Bible, Arthur told NS about him, he rated him highly
Yeah I read that mate. I just thought with other outcrosses he used like Barney etc they threw the stamp away whereas the ones from Dingo/Roxy didn't seem to alter the stamp so I wondered if there was a reason behind it?

The only removal is size and time

Would say it was addition rather than removal but just a guess as I'm not clued up on this at all .The stuff I've seen are far stronger than anything NS had in his early years but only seen a handful and no verification they DF at all.

We only saw what he wanted us to see, he was a master at keeping his cards close to his chest. The first dog i had "Toby" was from the Choker x Mo mating, full brother to sister mating, i couldn't span him unless i kept him in working condition. He'd be as big if not bigger than anything I've got now, Gary said it right many years ago, " you only heard about the weddings, not the funerals​" !

• Like 7

Before the conspiracy theories kick in i mean he hid pups out of the way and he often wouldn't tell anyone how to connect the dots. He never wanted you to know each other, that way he'd hold all the aces and keep control, that didn't work out to well for him.

There's many a kennel of terriers that owe a debt of gratitude to his kennel, DF's kennel and so on, but I'm a chicken and the egg sort of man. Without NS getting the blood off others, he'd be just another run of the mill terrier man.

• Like 5

"You hear about the weddings,not the funerals lol. That there is a true saying I used ta mind terriers here for lad one time good dogs well bred I had plenty down of them culled a good few as you anyways he came down one time checking had his pal with him anyways just as he was arriving I gets a phone of the lad owns these dogs do not open your mouth about the ones I had culled in the previous weeks lol when I see that saying dd that's the first thing came into my head haha don't get me wrong the line has threw up some very good dogs alot more than what I was using.

• Like 1

To not talk about culls is alien to me tbh .Culls are what make the rest stand out and their removal allows the working trait to carry on .Let's be be clear on the term cull ,it doesn't have to mean a dead dog .Passing on to a pet home or a ratting ,bushing career is still a cull.The fact its removed from a breeding program is enough .When NS was terrier man here he openly culled his fair share of what seemed to me to be no other reason than too hard .I was never in his clique but knew those that were and hunted with him many a time ,in the wings as it were .He used the services of other lads to do the tougher aspect to the game but annoyingly seemed to get the praise himself lol.

• Like 6

To not talk about culls is alien to me tbh .Culls are what make the rest stand out and their removal allows the working trait to carry on .Let's be be clear on the term cull ,it doesn't have to mean a dead dog .Passing on to a pet home or a ratting ,bushing career is still a cull.The fact its removed from a breeding program is enough .When NS was terrier man here he openly culled his fair share of what seemed to me to be no other reason than too hard .I was never in his clique but knew those that were and hunted with him many a time ,in the wings as it were .He used the services of other lads to do the tougher aspect to the game but annoyingly seemed to get the praise himself lol.

Dogs can certainly be too hard for certain jobs so I can see what he did. Of course for other folk those dogs would be the dog to get, horses for courses or so they say.

• Like 1

If the mass production line wasn't so vast in some yards the culling end might not be so frequent breeding out of stock that hasn't been proven yet or in some an experiment mating within the same lines ta see does it work out and lads unknowingly parting with good money thinking there geting best to best.