Finley Bred Terriers

I bet finlay loves his name being all over thl ? I don't have alot to do with him in fact only ever had 1 day out with him but that day he didn't seem to like the attention...one thing for sure is he had a kennel full of nice terriers. Mainly strong types.

• Like 6

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He can call them what he wants, he feeds them. I dare say he doesn't call them anything but his terriers, it's other people who put labels on your kennels. The only person I've seen in modern times pu

I have had the pleasure of being in DFs company, both socially and in the field. I have been gifted pups and studs over bitches. Not once have I heard him describe his dogs as DFs terriers, also on wr

The man dug more than most could only dream of, they say madness is next to genius and he's as mad as a box of frogs. We've all got our own ideas on what suits us, some like them a bit rough, some li

Posted Images

Not entirely true Fatman .I remember clearly dogs that knew the difference and usually thrashed a fox being the week opponent it is ,but back to form on badgers .What yards you referring to as surely lads need to know who breeds without testing .Not a go mate just statements that need clarification .

ldThats what i was saying,they thrash a fox and then some think they could do the same with badger,also very prone to loosing teeth with head on contact with fox.I can remember 1 man in particular[no names mentioned] that would never if possible let his dogs on fox,it can happen by accident that a fox will take refuge in a badger sett this happens but he never went out intentually to dig fox.Now as for yards that dont test,i meant pre-ban,i knew of plenty that would not let a terrier in with badger but as i said no names.

• Like 1

I keep mine off fox my my male dog never even seen one. i have a bitch what will only do a hour these days with a badger then spew. she first spewed at about 4hr then 2 now down to 1. So I use her for foxes she works them hard and doset bay much really gives them a hard time and doesn't take much stick, she workes badgers perfect and will take a hold but for no apparent reason will just stop and walk out when under no apparent pressure I've dug some gere with her in the past to ,, I start them all straight on to badgers and as long as they will work them and stay till I get ther they won't be worked on the reds I honestly can't think of a reason why I do this it just feels right not to mix it up

• Like 3

I keep mine off fox my my male dog never even seen one. i have a bitch what will only do a hour these days with a badger then spew. she first spewed at about 4hr then 2 now down to 1. So I use her for foxes she works them hard and doset bay much really gives them a hard time and doesn't take much stick, she workes badgers perfect and will take a hold but for no apparent reason will just stop and walk out when under no apparent pressure I've dug some gere with her in the past to ,, I start them all straight on to badgers and as long as they will work them and stay till I get ther they won't be worked on the reds I honestly can't think of a reason why I do this it just feels right not to mix it up

I had a Nuttall blood bitch that I dug a lot of badgers with and the odd fox and plenty of coypu, never got knocked up severley and was a good member to have in the team, one day for no reason she went cold, stone cold, rested her more or less a season on the bench as had plenty of others on. Tried again no joy, given another benefit of the doubt, tried on cub call outs, stone cold. Dug a hell of a lot with her until the one day when she just said no.

Im in the thought process of using a son of hers over a bitch, the son is well past the age the mother quit (at 6 year old I think). Ive put of using him previously but he has never put a foot wrong and has a very good tally of digs and quarry to him, its a means to an end as for a stud have no other options.

• Like 1

This bitch is a nuttall bitch waz around 6 years was the only one I've ever had trouble with starting infact it was at a trip to Keith's we got her going properly her sire worked well and her half brothers by same dog both work really well I no of a load more by same dog goin well the percentages from him were high for working only a few culls come from size but she just went off one of my freinds was givin me grief at the start sayin she won't amount to nothing cos of the way she started but i persisted with her n me n Keith got her goin she worked spot on for a good few seasons had some cracking digs to her then she walked after a 17 foot dig with about 2 foot to go lol so rested her tried again n just got shorter down to a hour

• Like 1

This bitch is a nuttall bitch waz around 6 years was the only one I've ever had trouble with starting infact it was at a trip to Keith's we got her going properly her sire worked well and her half brothers by same dog both work really well I no of a load more by same dog goin well the percentages from him were high for working only a few culls come from size but she just went off one of my freinds was givin me grief at the start sayin she won't amount to nothing cos of the way she started but i persisted with her n me n Keith got her goin she worked spot on for a good few seasons had some cracking digs to her then she walked after a 17 foot dig with about 2 foot to go lol so rested her tried again n just got shorter down to a hour

Funny enough the last time I tried the bitch on a call out Keith was down here. Had some good days with aul Keith & the ziderman, shame we didnt cross paths back then.

She started at 12month old and was like a duck to water. Relentless finder. Im refraining to put a photo up as some dick put her on a bulldog ped database. I should have dealt with her in the proper way, but the fella who bred her wanted her back, appears she was bred from as often as possible since, & I doubt pups ended up in working homes.

• Like 1

Yea shame we dident bump into each other still time yet in the future mate ime gona look auld Keith up while I back in uk n see if he fancies a weekend at it I got some mates down his end of the country so whuld be nice to repay the favour to him cos had some cracking weekends out with him with top people and his wife Jan always looked after me

• Like 1