Russia's Hooligan Army Bbc 2

When I was in my impressionable mid teens I remember a documentary about the ICF on the telly, I had it recorded on my beta max lol.....must have been late 80's ??... you remember that Gnasher, was that your era ??

Late 70,s to mid 80,s was my time mate it was an enjoyable few years i used to get bollocked by the older high profile lads for not taken it seriously enough they wanted to run things like an army unit but i was just a young lad having a laugh.......besides which i love my footie too much once they started dishing out banning orders i was out of there it would of killed me to get banned from footie grounds whereas the true hardcore football hoolies didnt care,hence most of them have probably not been in a football ground since !

Give over with the dreaming pal, those wannabe hooligans back in the 70's and 80's would have had their asses handed to them just the same as they would today.

Just out of curiosity was you even alive during this era you claim to know all about ?

It does make me laugh when folk talk about rucking at the footie in a " we was better than you " kind of way....the whole culture wasnt about winning or losing it was about standing on......it was about 10 of you taking the shortcut home round the back of the flats and getting caught out by 30 rival fans,then looking at each other as if to say " shit what now "......and then marching on with a do or die attitude....it wasnt about winning,the memories we all have of those days were of handfuls of lads taking the Shed End at Chelsea or the North Bank at Highbury......or getting annihilated by firms with double or treble your numbers and still having them go away saying " f**k me that Icf lot had some bollocks about them "........or memories about away days having a laugh with your pals or getting your 150 quid jumper nicked or ripped it wasnt all about the violence......back in those days it was a popular culture amongst young lads in England today its not no big deal times move on.

No I wasn't born in the 70's.What was so different about the blokes of the 70's and 80's to the blokes of today? The laws were slacker that's about it. The Russian's of today would do exactly the same. Like J1985 said, the Russian's still do national service and are at least trained in combat. Last I knew that didn't take place over here back in the 70's and 80's. Different gravy pal.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2004/10/19/russia-systematic-hazing-serious-abuse

You cannot say it was just slacker laws

It was a total different era....the internet hardly leave the generation are much softer and pampered generation

Of course you can, the Russian's wouldn't be half as bad if the laws were stricter over there. If there's no deterrent then they will just run riot.

I don't agree with your opinion, violence today is completely different to back in the day and darker with it. I don't know if this is the case for football but a fight back in the 80's was usually a straightener and that's it. These days it's knives, bats, jumping people, arson, you name it. All these young wannabe gangsters are trying to top the last one, pathetic if you ask me. They want to be a drug dealer because they are too fcuking lazy to get a job.

Agree, I got jumped about 10 years ago when I was 18...6 lads with no interest in a fair fight...just wanted to prove a point.

It's even worse around this area these days than 10 year ago. Even more rat's wanting to be professional gangsters and even less people wanting to get a job.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The average Russian/Ukraine/Croat football hooligan sees the English as superstars as we were the pioneers of what 30 years later they now see as a popular pastime for young lads......hence the Englis

Leeds Gnasher, Had a real scary do at your place think it was 81-82 season, came unstuck that day, but hey it wasn't the first or last time lol.   Your place and St Andrews where the two occasions

Ye i agree with the odds things, I once saw a Scouser getting done over by 6 blokes I was gonna steam in and help but thought 6 should be enough

When I was in my impressionable mid teens I remember a documentary about the ICF on the telly, I had it recorded on my beta max lol.....must have been late 80's ??... you remember that Gnasher, was that your era ??

Late 70,s to mid 80,s was my time mate it was an enjoyable few years i used to get bollocked by the older high profile lads for not taken it seriously enough they wanted to run things like an army unit but i was just a young lad having a laugh.......besides which i love my footie too much once they started dishing out banning orders i was out of there it would of killed me to get banned from footie grounds whereas the true hardcore football hoolies didnt care,hence most of them have probably not been in a football ground since !

Give over with the dreaming pal, those wannabe hooligans back in the 70's and 80's would have had their asses handed to them just the same as they would today.

Just out of curiosity was you even alive during this era you claim to know all about ?

It does make me laugh when folk talk about rucking at the footie in a " we was better than you " kind of way....the whole culture wasnt about winning or losing it was about standing on......it was about 10 of you taking the shortcut home round the back of the flats and getting caught out by 30 rival fans,then looking at each other as if to say " shit what now "......and then marching on with a do or die attitude....it wasnt about winning,the memories we all have of those days were of handfuls of lads taking the Shed End at Chelsea or the North Bank at Highbury......or getting annihilated by firms with double or treble your numbers and still having them go away saying " f**k me that Icf lot had some bollocks about them "........or memories about away days having a laugh with your pals or getting your 150 quid jumper nicked or ripped it wasnt all about the violence......back in those days it was a popular culture amongst young lads in England today its not no big deal times move on.

No I wasn't born in the 70's.What was so different about the blokes of the 70's and 80's to the blokes of today? The laws were slacker that's about it. The Russian's of today would do exactly the same. Like J1985 said, the Russian's still do national service and are at least trained in combat. Last I knew that didn't take place over here back in the 70's and 80's. Different gravy pal.

DM, everyone has opinions, and rightly so you have your's. But national service or being an mma fighter in a situation on the streets or terraces where anywhere from 50 to 200 boys are getting tore into each other does not give you much of an advantage as you're not pairing off like them Russians did on that documentary, granted you may have a bit more fitness about you that will be about it.

Don't be thinking your opposite firm will be asking are you ex military or martial trained, you will have a wall of boys coming at you and through you given the chance, the late 70's and through the 80's was totally different from nowadays. I've been in St Andrews Aryesome Park, The Den, Upton Park on a Saturday afternoon and believe me or not them Russians would NOT hand anybodies asses to them on a plate, they have just taken over from were we left off they are no better or no worse than our British crews were in years gone by.

The media are simply portraying them as some sort of super breed of hooligans...................Thank fcuk them days are gone over here the Russians are welcome to it.

ATB.

• Like 6

DM, everyone has opinions, and rightly so you have your's. But national service or being an mma fighter in a situation on the streets or terraces where anywhere from 50 to 200 boys are getting tore into each other does not give you much of an advantage as you're not pairing off like them Russians did on that documentary, granted you may have a bit more fitness about you that will be about it.

Don't be thinking your opposite firm will be asking are you ex military or martial trained, you will have a wall of boys coming at you and through you given the chance, the late 70's and through the 80's was totally different from nowadays. I've been in St Andrews Aryesome Park, The Den, Upton Park on a Saturday afternoon and believe me or not them Russians would NOT hand anybodies asses to them on a plate, they have just taken over from were we left off they are no better or no worse than our British crews were in years gone by.

The media are simply portraying them as some sort of super breed of hooligans...................Thank fcuk them days are gone over here the Russians are welcome to it.

ATB.

That's the thing though, the Russian's were doing the English fans over despite being massively outnumbered. At the end of the day it's a mugs game whichever way you look at it. If you're wanting to be a hard man then at least go out there and get payed for it in the ring.

ATB.

English fans

Exactly..... If say 50 top english lads was toe to toe with 50 ruskies it would probably be a different story, they certainly wouldnt have been run

Whats different is todays football hooligan is simply trying to live up to a past reputation but its simply not in their hearts today......at West Ham for example we still often hear the Icf roar go up at away games and for those of us who were around in those days we just look at each other with a smile knowing most of the kids singing it would have it away on their toes lively as its just not the culture to stand and fight for your manor anymore we live in a much softer more forgiving family type of culture today at football.....back in the 70,s and 80,s we had some handy lads down at West Ham ol man Gardiner would tell you to f**k off home if you didnt at least look like you could do a bit and if you were seen running away from a ruck you was bang in trouble......the whole of football is different now it doesnt attract the rough working class lads with pride in the manor its a middle class family sport that doesnt have anything like the traditions and characters it had years ago i have a genuine passion for my club and the game itself so i guess in pure football terms its a good thing but naturally you reminisce over fun times in life and that was one of them.

• Like 1

ATB.

That's the thing though, the Russian's were doing the English fans over despite being massively outnumbered. At the end of the day it's a mugs game whichever way you look at it. If you're wanting to be a hard man then at least go out there and get payed for it in the ring.

You say outnumbered but English fans were sitting with their wives and families just because 10 blokes all have England football shirts on doesnt mean they are football hooligans part of the problem with these Russians not understanding the culture we had years ago is they also dont understand the unwritten rules and the biggest rule which everybody knew and understood is that you dont start on shirters they were always out of bounds......so while they were " doing over " England fans they wasnt doing over England football hooligans but that didn't seem to matter.

Delswal is absolutely right scrapping away shoulder to shoulder in tight little football grounds was a completely different thing to having a scrap out in the open air the numbers game inside a football ground meant nothing 50 lads with the right attitude could quite literally clear out a 5000 stand within minutes......which as victories went was always the ultimate show of strength.

The Taylor Report is what killed terrace culture in England......all seater stadiums,cctv,family enclosures etc etc

By the way out of interest Delswal what club did you follow mate ?

Edited by gnasher16

ATB.

You say outnumbered but English fans were sitting with their wives and families just because 10 blokes all have England football shirts on doesnt mean they are football hooligans part of the problem with these Russians not understanding the culture we had years ago is they also dont understand the unwritten rules and the biggest rule which everybody knew and understood is that you dont start on shirters they were always out of bounds......so while they were " doing over " England fans they wasnt doing over England football hooligans but that didn't seem to matter.

Delswal is absolutely right scrapping away shoulder to shoulder in tight little football grounds was a completely different thing to having a scrap out in the open air the numbers game inside a football ground meant nothing 50 lads with the right attitude could quite literally clear out a 5000 stand within minutes......which as victories went was always the ultimate show of strength.

The Taylor Report is what killed terrace culture in England......all seater stadiums,cctv,family enclosures etc etc

I never saw any footage of men with their wives and family getting attacked, the video I posted yesterday was of some English "hooligans." The bloke getting sparked out was a Donny White, an old bloke way out of his depth.

ATB.

I never saw any footage of men with their wives and family getting attacked, the video I posted yesterday was of some English "hooligans." The bloke getting sparked out was a Donny White, an old bloke way out of his depth.

Look if you want to base your opinions on a youtube clip about a subject that was at its height in this country before you was even born then no problem.......mine are based on what i saw over in France and was around when it was popular here.

What lads like you wont understand is just how hated the English football hooligan is compared to other nations.......for instance did you know that 5000 English fans were stopped from travelling to France due to being " undesirables " and around 2000 English fans were turned back by Uk police spotters with information from Uk football intelligence......................the Russian hooligans were congratulated by their government !

Our well known football hooligans back in the day were known by their normal everyday names,our firms were known by such unobtrusive names as The Bushwhackers,The Herd,Zulus,Yids,Wolves firm were named after a subway,my own clubs firm was named after a British Rail train !

While in Russia you have The Orel Butchers run by Vasily the Killer :D ...dont you think they,re trying a little bit too hard,f****n roll on !.....yes ok we get it Russia you are the scariest people on the planet...........your just 30 years late showing up to the party !!

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 5

I find it all interested reading from the boys back in the day..i wouldn't like to fight some now who's in there 50 s.. Something us younger blokes will never understand as we was never there..

ATB.

Leeds Gnasher, Had a real scary do at your place think it was 81-82 season, came unstuck that day, but hey it wasn't the first or last time lol.

Your place and St Andrews where the two occasions when you had to dig real deep, and dig deep just to survive lol, hey thinking about it, it could well have been you who was responsible for me having to take a few days off work lol 4 days my eye was closed and St Andrews I copped for few broken ribs.

Some people ask who was the top crew in their day? My reply was always every crew had their days.........both good and bad.

But my top 5 would have been.

Chelsea

Newcastle

Leeds

West Ham

Birmingham

Not perticulary in that order, as they were all capable of doing the job, depending on who turned out from week to week. But everybody has their opinions and rated some above others. All that was 30 35 yrs ago now and reminiscing is the best place for it..................but did I enjoy it? you better believe I did :thumbs:

Teddy boys

Rockers

Skinheads

Mods

Punks

Hooligans

All cultures within their own rights, the came along the E and raves, the same people who called me an idiot for doing my thing were now popping pills and raving the night away and loving every fecker in sight.............strange old world :laugh:

• Like 6

With cctv and smart phones nowadays theres no chance of getting up to anything like it was back then but if it happens, have the police got the resources to act upon and process all the data?

Cheers, D.

Yes, My nephew in Nottingham got caught on camera down in Portsmouth, 9 months later he got copped for it, 3 rd time and got himself a 5 year banning order.

Hooligans? Dewey eyed, nostalgic, selfish bunch of c**ts that f**k up what should be a perfectly good day out for normal people to enjoy with their families

A real man can take care of his family and raise his kids with good examples.

Football hooligans, then and now, haven't got a clue what the real world is about.

I'm glad the old bill got stuck in and eroded that shit culture.

• Like 3

Leeds Gnasher, Had a real scary do at your place think it was 81-82 season, came unstuck that day, but hey it wasn't the first or last time lol.

Your place and St Andrews where the two occasions when you had to dig real deep, and dig deep just to survive lol, hey thinking about it, it could well have been you who was responsible for me having to take a few days off work lol 4 days my eye was closed and St Andrews I copped for few broken ribs.

Some people ask who was the top crew in their day? My reply was always every crew had their days.........both good and bad.

But my top 5 would have been.

Chelsea

Newcastle

Leeds

West Ham

Birmingham

Not perticulary in that order, as they were all capable of doing the job, depending on who turned out from week to week. But everybody has their opinions and rated some above others. All that was 30 35 yrs ago now and reminiscing is the best place for it..................but did I enjoy it? you better believe I did :thumbs:

Teddy boys

Rockers

Skinheads

Mods

Punks

Hooligans

All cultures within their own rights, the came along the E and raves, the same people who called me an idiot for doing my thing were now popping pills and raving the night away and loving every fecker in sight.............strange old world :laugh:

Good post that mate i think all things considered the main firms probably all came out about even in the end obviously we all think our own was best i follow England to tournaments its always enjoyable having a laugh with lads you was standing toe to toe with years before sharing memories and ribbing each other about who was best its all part of the camararderie of terrace culture......a top 5 would be difficult id just list the ones i remember having a healthy respect for who would usually stand and have it with us regardless of numbers and thats Millwall,Chelsea,Wolves,Pompey,Cardiff,Birmingham.......ooops thats 6 but i cant split them,obviously you cant overlook Man Utd but only because of their huge numbers.... Leeds and that Blades lot both represented your area well,Arsenal had a strong following back then......id still say Millwall and probably Wolves were the ones we looked forward to most they both had an intimidating air about them the old Den was just horrible everything about the place inside and out......then Wolves ive had nightmares about that poxy subway :D ......like you say though we all had our good and bad days i think it was just an interesting time for young working class men and the fact we can all have a natter and a laugh about it years later shows it for what it was.

Hooligans? Dewey eyed, nostalgic, selfish bunch of c**ts that f**k up what should be a perfectly good day out for normal people to enjoy with their families

A real man can take care of his family and raise his kids with good examples.

Football hooligans, then and now, haven't got a clue what the real world is about.

I'm glad the old bill got stuck in and eroded that shit culture.

A real man who takes care of his family would have to be pretty thick to take them for a day out to a highly charged and passionate football ground where 50 odd thousand men will likely be screaming obscenities at each other and all the other banter/mockery that has long been traditional in English football........a much better day out for the family would be a picnic and ride around the Lake District.......each to their own i guess.