Looking For A Collie X!

lads the way to go in my opinoin is a mali or dutch shepard x greyhound bitch. mark my words they are going to blow the collie hound x out of the park.for sheer brains and that natural fight hunt drive call it what u want. you will not go too far wrong.try and get a knpv bred stud dog.

Me personally If I wanted a another runner i.e. pot filler come fox dog I would consider a Mal x grey a Pal of mine has one, its prey drive is second to none and really full on, also doubles up as an excellent guard.

Not really the ideal breed for novice lurcher owners, not saying frost is inexperienced, but if he is.........go for the collie cross Imo.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want something different I got my bitch lined on the 26/12/2016. She's a 6 year old 3/4 Whippet 1/4 Collie only worked her on rabbits both night & day. The Sire is a first x Collie/Whippet

Blow a collie x out the park? Enlighten me then please to as what their superiority is over a collie x as the Mali x's I've seen were moderate at best,perhaps I've only seen a glimpse of what they are

I here Hancock has some world beaters very well reared and looked after fed on raw and at a very cheap price give him a ring mate

Posted Images

lads the way to go in my opinoin is a mali or dutch shepard x greyhound bitch. mark my words they are going to blow the collie hound x out of the park.for sheer brains and that natural fight hunt drive call it what u want. you will not go too far wrong.try and get a knpv bred stud dog.

Me personally If I wanted a another runner i.e. pot filler come fox dog I would consider a Mal x grey a Pal of mine has one, its prey drive is second to none and really full on, also doubles up as an excellent guard.

Not really the ideal breed for novice lurcher owners, not saying frost is inexperienced, but if he is.........go for the collie cross Imo.

i take ur point about not haven a novice lurcher owners starting off with a dutch x but after the collie hound x dosent come up to the mark as the perfect allrounder,the mali or dutch cross will be their to pick up the slack.

Blow a collie x out the park? Enlighten me then please to as what their superiority is over a collie x as the Mali x's I've seen were moderate at best,perhaps I've only seen a glimpse of what they are/were really capable?

• Like 7

Blow a collie x out the park? Enlighten me then please to as what their superiority is over a collie x as the Mali x's I've seen were moderate at best,perhaps I've only seen a glimpse of what they are/were really capable?

both the collie mali and dutch are herding types.i work with malies and dutches every day.in my opinoin a high %age of collies fall short when it comes to taken fox on its own on the other side ive seen a fare few proper knpv bred stuff do it and that %age is still small because theirs few enough knpv dogs around in ireland in comparission to the working collie. put the 2 breeds along side each other the working mal ior dutchie and your standard working collie and if u asked 50 working lurcher men which stud dog would they use over a hound i reckon the it would be 70 30 in favor of the dutch or mali.dont get me wrong im not saying collie xs are rubbish i think in time the mali or dutchie cross will just be a better killing machine when it comes to mr fox.

What I would say his this there's moderate good and bad in all types but having lots of experience with collie hounds has we all know they were the thing fa nigh on thirty yrs, stone wall right mmall far and aways better than modern collie types that be a fact the malls and dutchies are bred for nothing but work ,with out the little issues that can become big issues one often sees in collie hybrids .now collie hybrids with the mix off other Allen blood can be very different has we know ,malls are closer to original cur breeds because in general the working lines there has been other breeds added in recent history working breeds ta suit for performance ,now kc show line malls are a totally different type to the working lines it's all good and well for some to be loyal to a type one has had great results with ,but here his the thing evolution of young hunters that can see the working herding breeds of today his the ways forward a good malls will out perform outrun stay longer will have a better threshold ta pain and out think the very best of collies and ask for more of the same day in day out.,couple that with the best of hounds coursing or track and yas got the ingredients for a very good chancy animals line bred they could get even better simple f1s herding dogs fa lurchers with out doubt ,dutchies malls they will take off only need one a 2 a the right sorts ta see a good one at work atb bunnys

• Like 1

What I would say his this there's moderate good and bad in all types but having lots of experience with collie hounds has we all know they were the thing fa nigh on thirty yrs, stone wall right mmall far and aways better than modern collie types that be a fact the malls and dutchies are bred for nothing but work ,with out the little issues that can become big issues one often sees in collie hybrids .now collie hybrids with the mix off other Allen blood can be very different has we know ,malls are closer to original cur breeds because in general the working lines there has been other breeds added in recent history working breeds ta suit for performance ,now kc show line malls are a totally different type to the working lines it's all good and well for some to be loyal to a type one has had great results with ,but here his the thing evolution of young hunters that can see the working herding breeds of today his the ways forward a good malls will out perform outrun stay longer will have a better threshold ta pain and out think the very best of collies and ask for more of the same day in day out.,couple that with the best of hounds coursing or track and yas got the ingredients for a very good chancy animals line bred they could get even better simple f1s herding dogs fa lurchers with out doubt ,dutchies malls they will take off only need one a 2 a the right sorts ta see a good one at work atb bunnys

I shall breed some more of these ta give them a chance the xs deserves fishing his I believe best done on a river lol.atb bunnys.

And now for the ultimate breeding, pet mali x any old reject flapper, sounds great. I got to admit, the constant slagging of the collie type gets right on my tits, now we all know that not all collies x's are great, same as with any x, but there as been many past and present that do the job in style, so if you want to promote these alien types crack on, you shouldnt have to pull any x down to do it.

Edited by NEWSBOY
  • Like 3

If you want something different I got my bitch lined on the 26/12/2016. She's a 6 year old 3/4 Whippet 1/4 Collie only worked her on rabbits both night & day.

The Sire is a first x Collie/Whippet that done well in the ring and racing and he's also a rabbiting dog so the breeding will be 3/8 Collie 5/8 Whippet. First and foremost it her first and only litter and I bred for my own use hopefully bring on one or two pups back for myself, on the plus side the asking price won't be ridiculous it be straight forward working man's price £100 each. If you are interested, the pups are due on the 28th of February, but not ready to go till April. So please don't hesitate message me for further information or call me on 07979750504

What size will the pups make pal?

Edited by Leesy

If you want something different I got my bitch lined on the 26/12/2016. She's a 6 year old 3/4 Whippet 1/4 Collie only worked her on rabbits both night & day.

The Sire is a first x Collie/Whippet that done well in the ring and racing and he's also a rabbiting dog so the breeding will be 3/8 Collie 5/8 Whippet. First and foremost it her first and only litter and I bred for my own use hopefully bring on one or two pups back for myself, on the plus side the asking price won't be ridiculous it be straight forward working man's price £100 each. If you are interested, the pups are due on the 28th of February, but not ready to go till April. So please don't hesitate message me for further information or call me on 07979750504

There's pics on first page of this thread,I would be more concerned on temperament and health than couple of inchs .

Hi Frost,

Horses for sale and Carriages from Dragon Driving

£250 ovno

Collie x Greyhound, born on 2nd October, she is micro chipped and fully injected (papers to prove). She retrieves toys to hand, fully trained to the lead and has excellent recall and is used to both indoor and outdoor environments.
Telephone: 07580 790242

Looks strong type only a pup go look if you want a collie x straight cross

My bitch is 20 inches and the Sire 22 inches so anything in between

What do think a Mal x will bring to the mix that a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull won't do ? or 5/8 3/8th x ? as much as I like the Mal I don't think they will hold a candle to the the bull x for pot filling or killing ........... guess everybody has their own opinions though.