American Sniper

Just watching it , how lads out there coped with the everyday stress beats me , though lots probably didn't and struggle forever , personally I know I couldn't of coped with everything that goes with being in the situation these lads where in .

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sure the families of his victims were all terrorists .........

PTSD was the same in ww2 as it is now ... back then guys were shot for being deserters ... lots of men came back from the war changed and were never the same again ... the difference is today that we

And yet millions of lads came back from WW2 and cracked on leading normal productive lives?..........is that a generation thing you think ? Not much pissing and crying from them old boys born in the

Cousin of mine served in royal engineers .done a few tours.seen some shit.lost the plot a bit after few years on civvy street.sorted now but still goes into serious melt down now and again.don't think the lads get the right help when they get out.

I thought it was a good film but to be killed by one of your own when your home and think your safe , but it showed what the american people thought as they stood on the roads as the hearse went by

• Like 3

And yet millions of lads came back from WW2 and cracked on leading normal productive lives?..........is that a generation thing you think ?

Not much pissing and crying from them old boys born in the 20s and raised in the 20/30s

• Like 7

im sure the families of his victims are all running about chuffed

Some of his kills were American Citizens,he was deployed down were the big floods hit (cant remember now) and he was shooting looters etc.It was mentioned in his book apparently but not in the film,somebody more clued up might chime in with more info .No doubt he may have been suffering from ptsd and was accused of being a liar and he also had a trial to go to after a fall out with Jessse Ventura iirc but he was killed before he got to trial. Who knows ??

Edited by MickC

im sure the families of his victims are all running about chuffed

Some of his kills were American Citizens,he was deployed down were the big floods hit (cant remember now) and he was shooting looters etc.It was mentioned in his book apparently but not in the film,somebody more clued up might chime in with more info .

That's all I lie along with punching Jesse Ventura. Ventura prosecuted him and then he was shot dead, Ventura won the case.

And yet millions of lads came back from WW2 and cracked on leading normal productive lives?..........is that a generation thing you think ?

Not much pissing and crying from them old boys born in the 20s and raised in the 20/30s

Most did come back changed men, they just had no choice but to get on with it ;)

• Like 2