Boerboel

The few that I've witnessed have been like most mastiff breeds that I've had experience with in that they are more defense driven so as long as your not giving them anything to be defensive about they are on the whole reasonably laid back.Wheras decent Rottys are known for being very dominant.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

??????? really..........I want two then

To shame in what aspect.How quick does a guard dog need to be.A man isn't going to outrun the slowest of mastiffs.

I was told they racists ?

The few that I've witnessed have been like most mastiff breeds that I've had experience with in that they are more defense driven so as long as your not giving them anything to be defensive about they are on the whole reasonably laid back.Wheras decent Rottys are known for being very dominant.

would you say there more dominant than a male gsd , both being male dogs I mean . and I know gsd can be vocal , are rotties the same or quite , the ones ive ever seen had small dog with them jack etc , so the rottie was on the ball as to speak , was very alert . suppose it like you say regards Hip scores you got to get a pup with low score parents , then yes you be ok , but there lot of crap dogs out there rottie, gsd, even few bel mals are having probs , this was told to me from 2 different vets . yeh you deff got to do your homework and pick a pup carefully . :yes:

Sister in law has got them but has recently lost one to cancer ? . This is the second she's lost at less than 3 years old due to this and they were both from the same breeder.

They seem nice enough dogs when we visit and like the kids but wouldn't trust them 100% purely on there size.

I'd prefer a kengal over a boer mainly for health reasons ....but if it was solely for purpose of guarding then I'd go for one of either,Alsatian,GSD,Dutch shepherd would be first choice

The Kangals are amazingly agile and quick for their size, they put the big Mastiff types to shame.

Edited by DogFox123

I'd prefer a kengal over a boer mainly for health reasons ....but if it was solely for purpose of guarding then I'd go for one of either,Alsatian,GSD,Dutch shepherd would be first choice

The Kangals are amazingly agile and quick for their size, they put the big Mastiff types to shame.
To shame in what aspect.How quick does a guard dog need to be.A man isn't going to outrun the slowest of mastiffs.
  • Like 3

In all-round athletic ability and mouth.

Regarding all mastiffs, I would only have one from decent parents, doing exactly what I wanted from them.

As with most breeds, a lot of shite about, with people breeding for £$£$£ and looks only.

But doesn't that go for all breeds

Have you had much personal experience with kangals or working bred mastiffs

Seen it with my own eyes, have you?

Seen it with my own eyes, have you?

plenty of experience with working mastiff. Once or twice a week most weeks including my own but never had a lot of interest in the kanga lass I've always thought they are just another next best thing which if they take off over here will just be another wet dream for the peddlers.

Downsouth id be interested to hear your thoughts on them ovcharka types ? Seemed to be a few about a couple of years ago but I haven't seen one in a little while now.

Look up on them, the Ovcharka along with the Kangal look leagues above the Mastiffs in every department.

Downsouth id be interested to hear your thoughts on them ovcharka types ? Seemed to be a few about a couple of years ago but I haven't seen one in a little while now.

Look up on them, the Ovcharka along with the Kangal look leagues above the Mastiffs in every department.

What are Kangals like as a breed?

Are they highly driven?

Prey oriented?

What's their energy like,in other words are they easy to live with?

Are they very vocal?

I've never even seen one.