You Never Know What's Going On In People's Heads.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Son died 10yrs ago today , he'd of been 28 now , he took proper sick a yr previous and he never recovered , horrific loss for my family , had some really dark days & as people have said you nee

firstly anybody who has been affected by suicide, you have my absolute sympathy. i have been touched by this awful thing on several occasions, and you need to know that there can be all sorts of reaso

No need to apologies mush, we got to open up about theses things. I am the worlds worst for bottling it up, head down and struggle on tbh ive never known any different since a kid, listening to The Sm

Posted Images

If you ever sat down and talked with someone who tried to commit suicide, I mean really tried not just a attention seeking cry for help you would never say it was selfish, in fact look at it the other way around and it becomes one of the most selfless acts around.

• Like 5

Yeah no disrespect ive had few pals who did it and left kids family behind ect i find it selfish ovbiously takes alot to do that to your self and feel sorry for guy what he must of been going through was horrible but to do that this time of year is selfish towards your loved ones.

End of

Fact is people genuinely suicidal think that their families will do better without them been a burden on their lives. Some people with low self esteem believe they are pulling others lives down with there own. I know of 2 stone cold sober and drug free people who were normal all their lives but when suffering episodes of depression were hearing voices in their heads and the pressure was that much thought their heads would explode. One of them a genuine nicest lad you'd ever meet was hearing voices telling him to kill his 6 year old son so he went and got help and seems fine now and the other looked for help and went to a mental hospital looking to be commited and the doctors gave him tablets and sent him home and he hung himself a few days later.

Sorry to hear that Dave

Worst thing to me is that if they survived another day they probably would not want to do it. It hits them spur of the moment and it`s done.

One more day and they might not have done it. Terrible burden to live with depression and a dreadful thing to have to carry on after a loved one kills themselves

All I can say is there but for the grace of god go I. Until you have been in that type of despair, we will never know the pain and anguish that is in their minds at that time. So who are we to judge?

May his soul find some peace at last.

TC

A very close friend and a right laugh is my pal, I've known him since he was born as I'm 10 years older than him, I had him out at 16 watching me play darts then into my team and we've been drinking buddies ever since, then two years ago he hit rock bottom with depression, I couldn't believe it but he said hey I've had it most of my life!!!! Geez I didn't even know , sorry for your loss Walshie and R.I.P your friend.

Edited by bracken boy

Sad day for every one close to him , what staggers me is the amount of fairly young men that see that as a solution, on reading your post I'm thinking I know two people that took that route only to read the other posts and seems every one knows someone that's taken there own life ...One of my pals was out having dinner with his wife and two friends , he got up said he was going to the loo , that's the last time they see him alive , he was found hanged the next morning..Nobody had a clue why , no money worries every thing was normal at home , left every one empty and gutted he couldn't talk to us about , nine years on every one is still wondering why ...

Thing is with mental health is its just that, "mental" these voices people say they hear are not real its made up in that persons mind aslong as your aware of that im sure you be fine ..minds a strong thing but its just thoughts aslong as these people are not acting on these thoughts is what seperates us from them ....

I kind of agree with the idea that it's a selfish act. Obviously this Xmas will be terrible for his family, but then Xmas every year will be a reminder too. I'm sure no-one can comprehend the hellish place you must be to even consider it.

Either way, I'm sure you'll agree this isn't the right time to discuss that.

Anyway guys, sorry for bringing the mood down in a week when we should be full of cheer.

It's not about him killing himself. It was just about how totally gobsmacked we are.

No need to apologies mush, we got to open up about theses things. I am the worlds worst for bottling it up, head down and struggle on tbh ive never known any different since a kid, listening to The Smiths actually cheers me up! LOL Ive changed a little bit these last years as had a few spanners thrown into the works by those youd least expect, nearly too much for a man to take.

Men need to talk, its that simple.

I hope you find a bit of peace about your friend, maybe one day youll be laughing at him larking about in an inflattable again :thumbs:

Edited by Columbo
  • Like 7

Sorry for your loss walshie.

I had a phone call on Sunday, a lad I worked with on the roads has done the same. Completely out of the blue. Real happy fella, good job, nice motor, recently got his own place with his missus, was at the gym every day, 15 stone of solid muscle, no money worries. Didn't seem to have a worry in the world when you talked to him. Shocked isn't the word.

It's their families I feel for.