Ferreting With Tomo And Vin Part 1 And Part 2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another video rew has put together of an early season ferret trip we had with tomo and vin, Thanks for looking   Part 1 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu8YDrqsKtE   Part 2 https://m.youtube.co

I'd rather their vids than your nauseating slow motion bollox.

Romeo pup this morning.

Posted Images

Yes mad max its my pup out of romeo and hes not like the one you mentioned. Hes certainly not afraid to strike. Hes up and at them but stamina to stay and even more drive to push on even when it gets harder.

Edited by REW

Nice to here rew. the dog my pal had out of Romeo had soft feet didn't like the hard and although he killed a few I thought he could of killed a lot more than he actually did he was lampeduntil 3 years old so may be that didn't do him no favours but would of liked to see him in the day from being a young adult . hope yours makes a decent animal for you looks a nice strong young dog just hope the injured toe ain't like how my mates is it would spin them in knots one week then turn like a Artic lorrry on the next frustrating at times but now the dogs back lamping and doing ok all the best max

yeh ,,you dont catch them all with dogs,,,,although i know i dont need to explian anything ,,i think i will,,,,that particular farm is in the vally bottom,,not on high ground with ruff tufty fields,,,,in the vally bottoms the vields are usualy shorter and faster

that particular field is a small section of flood plane,,about 200 yard long and 100 at its widest,,,shaped like a rugby ball,,the wall behind ,,theres a river bank imeadeatly behind that wich is a tangle off tree roots,,and boulders,,,alot of the rabbits make for that,,especialy where the gap is that has a bit of sheep netting,,,years ago i used to just strech the longnetts the hole length of that wall.

in front of us is that steep bank,,you see my brindle bitch run a bunny up that bank across a brocken down wall,,round a tree,,and it escapes in to a warren over the back

like i say you cant cach them all,,,,

if you want to see some clinical bolting to the dogs,,theres a bit of film rew did of our dogs where my old bitch venus doesnt miss a thing and keeps catching just in front of doris,,,,

Just to add... there's not many bunnies on that patch now. . . Its better to go a few times and catch a few,miss a few and put some work in front of the dogs and ferrets,Than to go and clinically net the place and rape the land. . .

Those warrens are massive and the holes and endless across the whole plain.. I remember in the bad old days when we spent half a morning netting up the whole lot with purse nets and long nets.. We did catch a few .... But it was fekking boring as foook. :whistling: I'm sure we have probably caught as many without the nets on many occasions.

Tis all aboot the quality not the quantity these days for me. :thumbs:

PS.. Topdog1 . . . The other week one of the keepers was chuckling as he told me that, whilst watching Tomo and his little scrappy cur ferreting one morning on a banking...he counted the dog catch 33 rabbits in a row without missing 1.

Anytime you want to put some money on the table with your disco dogs. :toast:

Edited by vin

them bumps on that bit are strange,,there like a huge molehill thats grassed over,,,,there only sand no rocks i assume there some kind of natural feature,,from when the river formed,,but i suppose they could be from some old farming practice,,,whoo knows,,,its an odd spot i enjoy doing ..

them bumps on that bit are strange,,there like a huge molehill thats grassed over,,,,there only sand no rocks i assume there some kind of natural feature,,from when the river formed,,but i suppose they could be from some old farming practice,,,whoo knows,,,its an odd spot i enjoy doing ..

I was thinking about those earlier, could they be old ant hills?

TC