Ferreting With Tomo And Vin Part 1 And Part 2

dont do it,,,leave at least 3 in the kennel ,,,you wont have to worry about the howling ,as you wont be there :D mate no good will come from it..me and vin do some real steep banks,,so steep you wouldnt belive,,some with scree on,,dont use more than two ferrets,,,beter with one at a time,,,put the ferrets in where the dogs mark,,,and stand below the warren (contrary to normal thinking),,,you want the rabit to bolt and see you turn and go up hill,, we have had some reasnable scores on such days,,,our last 3 outings along a big bank ,,we took over 120 rabbits in total,,,,

• Like 5

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another video rew has put together of an early season ferret trip we had with tomo and vin, Thanks for looking   Part 1 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu8YDrqsKtE   Part 2 https://m.youtube.co

I'd rather their vids than your nauseating slow motion bollox.

Romeo pup this morning.

Posted Images

Just watched pt2 what a fantastic relationship between Venus & Doris Not many dogs in snyc like that. Good filming Rew A pleasure to watch atb

if im honest mate,,and you really think about it,,its a fault,,,she shouldnt really give up her catch,,,she does the same thing with my little brindle bitch bonnie,,,and my terrier,,,we use it to good efect as you can see,,and in some ways im glad she does it ,,as both bonnie and dorris retrive far better with softer mouth,,,but venus is the dominant dog in all respects,,so why she does it im not sure..

Just watched pt2 what a fantastic relationship between Venus & Doris Not many dogs in snyc like that. Good filming Rew A pleasure to watch atb

if im honest mate,,and you really think about it,,its a fault,,,she shouldnt really give up her catch,,,she does the same thing with my little brindle bitch bonnie,,,and my terrier,,,we use it to good efect as you can see,,and in some ways im glad she does it ,,as both bonnie and dorris retrive far better with softer mouth,,,but venus is the dominant dog in all respects,,so why she does it im not sure..

She does it because she's a sharp cookie mate.. She knows that if the other dogs carrying it back she can get straight back onto the warren and catch another..My old Molly does the exact same thing.. its a habit that has formed over the years from when we let Doris as a puppy keep taking the rabbit off them both because she loved retrieving them like she had caught them herself...lol.

Its so funny these days when Bonny and Doris clash because they both have a strong desire to retrieve and claim the glory..lol... they both bring it sometimes in tandem.. lol.

When we work either of the old dogs without the young dogs they both retrieve well enough.. :thumbs:

Why do you see it as a fault ??? I see it as the complete opposite ... you have a bitch that's focused on her job and is biddable to not quarrel or get into a fight over a rabbit ... as far as she is concerned the jobs done no need to fight over the rabbit let's get back to the warren for the next catch ... I can't see any fault in that ......

• Like 4

Why do you see it as a fault ??? I see it as the complete opposite ... you have a bitch that's focused on her job and is biddable to not quarrel or get into a fight over a rabbit ... as far as she is concerned the jobs done no need to fight over the rabbit let's get back to the warren for the next catch ... I can't see any fault in that ......

Have to agree with you 100%.

TC

I see it like this does she retrieve when single outings that would be my concern ,that Venus she has them ta boot ta runnining ability dominance in effect if she was dominant to the other jukes they would steer her a wide birth on ta kill on the other hand those jukes Doris etc know when they on ta good thing letting the athlete do all the leg work. Atb bunnys.

yeh she does retrive bill,, :thumbs: ,,cheers chaps,,some intresting opinions

I used to hunt the Dales with a big blue Deerhoundy Tomo,that dog mullered rabbits on piece work,night and day,fecking mongrel refused to retrieve.When i owned that dog i possibly carried ounces of fat and owned a figure that made ugly birds faint,i wish i owned him now as the ugly birds expect a takeaway now.

• Like 3

:laugh::laugh: ,,thats one hell of an analogy , morton

I think he means...its obvious your dogs retrieve because you is a rather large portion my good man.. Maybe you should get one that doesn't and you too could lose a few kilos.... heheeee.

GO easy on that dinner big man. Ho Ho ho...