Fantastic Mr Fox...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My main quarry when it was all legal was the sly old mr fox! It was about the only game that was plentiful her in wales, and through my uncle having hounds, my father being a terrierman I had a consta

Great read Dan. Personally I believe that to really appreciate any wild animal you have to have been made look silly by him a few times. The Fox is much more than just vermin. He deserves the same r

im the same even tho I get feck all with the dog I still don't slip on squatter always kick them up and give them a few yards and if a hare evades capture for a bit I all ways like see him get to safe

Hahaha i'll never forget that night ! Made even worse being stood with a pup on a lead screaming his lungs off to get in on the action and being way to early to enter for the easy slip as he ran past both of us to freedom, had to give to the cheeky b*****d though. You missed the bit where he bounced off the fence like something off WWF over the top of the dogs for another close escape !

Last night was a prime example and a first for me, Stood running the dogs on a few rabbits on another farm we have the pup nabbed one and as rabbits do making a quick squeal we thought nothing of it and moved on, as we walked through an open gate way at the bottom of the field we both caught the stink of him. Had a quick shine around...there he was just sat watching us from the next field. Tried calling him in with no luck! We walked on and a few fields later where we ended up watching him in the distance running rabbits under that massive full moon we had !! He soon cottoned on to us and the lamp and did one...he'll be there for another night !

• Like 1

what a cracking read! and its good to read about the respect you have for old red, I really don't mind things getting away when they really do deserve it. I hate it when mine catches something that bounced of a fence or something. thanks for that :thumbs:

Im the same and i always feel sorry when the pick up a squatter or one that didnt see it coming i like them to have a chance.

• Like 1

Cracking read mate. Me and a few mates used to go out with an old boy with a small pack of beagles and Russell's . Only 5 or 6 of us and go round the farms pushing cover and digging the earths. I used to love getting my stuff ready on the Sunday mornings. Breakfast in the cafe first then lurchers and terriers out. Brilliant memories and cracking company. I witnessed some cracking runs with the lurchers. But most of all was the laughs. If u could nt stand the piss took it was no good coming.

Brilliant read mate they are the quarry that always gets my pulse racing the most and as you say theyr death defying escapes alway baffle me and my mutt for that matter lol, the amount of times iv laid in bed after a night out thinking how the fuk did that get away and no other animal does that to me so hats off to old ?