Which One Are You ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just enjoy my dogs I'd pretty much say every dog has a fault some where! I have a standard in my head my mutts must meet but other than that I'm not out to have the best dogs or be the best I don't

I'm number 4 lol..A part time has been who's enjoyed the ride along the way..Been fortunate to own one or two handy jukels over the years..Now that I have long lost the ego to have/want & need of

What about number 5   The lad who's desperate to be a legendary dog man, comes on thl not knowing jack and 3 months later is handing out advice like he's talking to children (most of whom are probab

Posted Images

Have you never had a dog pull up on rabbits for no reason other than it hasn't got it in him/her, or jack on something with teeth? It depends what standards you have I guess, I wouldn't entertain a naff dog I don't ask for the best dog either aslong as they do what I want I'm happy

• Like 2

What about a dog that starts of brilliant killing everything fox rabbits hares deer before it's a year old then just goes off the boil ? Pulls up at hedges runs half hearted sometimes then other times has a 3 minute war with a hare kill it then another jumps and the hare still can't pull on him. Dogs are funny things made of flesh n bone they ain't machines

• Like 1

Have you never had a dog pull up on rabbits for no reason other than it hasn't got it in him/her, or jack on something with teeth? It depends what standards you have I guess, I wouldn't entertain a naff dog I don't ask for the best dog either aslong as they do what I want I'm happy

Back last season my blue bitch just stopped running the lamp completely before that she was one the best dogs iv owned found out she hit a few electric fences and had a underlining injury sometimes don't be so quick to judge a dog she's back on form now and hasn't looked back

What about a dog that starts of brilliant killing everything fox rabbits hares deer before it's a year old then just goes off the boil ? Pulls up at hedges runs half hearted sometimes then other times has a 3 minute war with a hare kill it then another jumps and the hare still can't pull on him. Dogs are funny things made of flesh n bone they ain't machines

expecting all that before its 1 year old I'd say expect it to go off the boil to be honest.

Back last season my blue bitch just stopped running the lamp completely before that she was one the best dogs iv owned found out she hit a few electric fences and had a underlining injury sometimes don't be so quick to judge a dog she's back on form now and hasn't looked back

I understand that and I understand every dog has an off day, I know that sometimes it just take a bone to be clicked and the dogs fine but I'm talking about for no reason other than the dog just doesn't want it? I know I wouldn't keep it just because somebody owns a sticker saying "a dog is for life not just for Christmas"

I understand that and I understand every dog has an off day, I know that sometimes it just take a bone to be clicked and the dogs fine but I'm talking about for no reason other than the dog just doesn't want it? I know I wouldn't keep it just because somebody owns a sticker saying "a dog is for life not just for Christmas"
No I understand that but this was on going seen her walk behind a quarry aswell in the day during that time a few lads I know would of shot her but i just new something was up im a patient person and it worked out this time !

No I understand that but this was on going seen her walk behind a quarry aswell in the day during that time a few lads I know would of shot her but i just new something was up im a patient person and it worked out this time !

Seen it before seen a collie greyhound butch that excelled on rabbits turn out one night and just giving up on easy takes, my mate took her to a bone man the next day, couple of nights later she was back on form

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of folk on here will probably say they are number one .... the 'proper' dog man. But most are talking shite because their best dogs are the high end of average if lucky and the ones they pass on because they don't make the grade are only like that due to their own failings as a dog man. Obviously there are some lads that are pretty hard on their dogs and have good stock, but just like good dogs...... there are a lot less proper dog men on here than it looks at a glance.....