Are You A Fixer Or A Ditcher ?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm an attempter and wrecker ... I attempt to fix things but end up wrecking them and having to buy a new one .......

I think if you put your age down when answering this, you would have a group of over 40,s that grew up with nothing and had to fix it or you never had one, and a group of younger folk that have been b

Just seen this asked on TV.   I'm the sort that will have a go at fixing just about anything....I'll glue it, nail it, screw it, solder it - and if all else fails, resort to duct tape and cable ties

don't envy my son clearing out the stuff that might have come in handy one day from two garages an outhouse and a shed when I pop me clogs oh and the loft. :laugh:

My sister went out in parents garage while back,and when she went back in ,she made a joke about the grief of clearing it out when he died, apparently her face was picture when he turned round and pointed out that it was all left to me in his will.lol

• Like 1

If it's mine I like to give it a go...no harm done if you break it.

Blackbriar....technically your a bit of a con man..

In what way ???

Ok let's start of with pointing out it was a joke.....I've not got a £1000 to offer up for a square go.

But you've just made £125 bucks out the mother in law when you could have done that for free. Or don't you like her?...??

• Like 2

In what way ???

Ok let's start of with pointing out it was a joke.....I've not got a £1000 to offer up for a square go.

But you've just made £125 bucks out the mother in law when you could have done that for free. Or don't you like her?...

Not at all, mate.

She's one of those people who just loves spending money. If anything has the smallest thing wrong with it, she'll get rid and get a new one...she doesn't consult me ! She chucked a whole dinner set out because one of the small plates had a chip. If I said I'd fix something for her, she'd go out and buy a new one before I could have a look anyway........

I just rehome her cast-offs !! :D

In what way ???

But you've just made £125 bucks out the mother in law when you could have done that for free. Or don't you like her?...

Not at all, mate.

She's one of those people who just loves spending money. If anything has the smallest thing wrong with it, she'll get rid and get a new one...she doesn't consult me ! She chucked a whole dinner set out because one of the small plates had a chip. If I said I'd fix something for her, she'd go out and buy a new one before I could have a look anyway........

I'd do the same...??

• Like 1

Fixer. Always have been from when I was skint.

That and my old journeyman wouldn`t let me walk away from a job without having it fixed.

Getting harder now as parts can cost more than the appliance.

Will add though, if I try and fix somit and realise it`s shit quality, it gets binned.

And also kept the kids in the street supplied with BMX bikes from the local skips.

• Like 1

In what way ???

But you've just made £125 bucks out the mother in law when you could have done that for free. Or don't you like ?...

Not at all, mate.

funny thing my sister is excactly the same, last time I visited her I earned £85 from a skip on here driveway, I must of been the milkmans
  • Like 1