Which Of These Three Springers For Hunting ?

Walther LGV in .177 job done, in fact you might as well get rid of the TX lol, out of the other 3 you mention hw 77 in .177 once tuned.

Hi Charlie,

I`ve fancied the LGV competition ultra for a while now but the 10.2 ft/lb to 10.4 ft/lbs muzzle energy put me off but the accuracy of the LGV is tremendous.

The 10 lbs weight without a silencer is also a thought to those who go walk abouts, to me, no as I do loads of static hunting.

atb

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a little teazer Mark

Pleasure. What you got on the list now? Think your a bit like me... want something new, but really, know nothing will better what you own already... but still KEEP LOOKING! Does my head in.

I had a look at the grey laminate version in the rfd today - f**k me that was nice thumbs:

Posted Images

Just been thinking about this. Don't know why like.

Do consider a 98 mate. You've listed two break barrels and one under lever. Cool. The 77 won't take a moderator (I know it will, but basically it's a second thought) the break barrels will. Why not combine the two, but with a adjustable stock? And... Heavy barrel.

They look the part too. My 98 in .177, my god. No other words. That 98, v-Mach kit, 11.9 FPE, tight as ya like FT's... Savage.

98 is the only brake barrel i would consider

just some thing about them and the way they look

just not got round to getting one yet

but i will some time

O,,and a tuned 97k is some thing to behold

much better than all the rifles you have say,d even the tx and dare i say it the pro sport

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

what about the hw90 weirhach gas ram .22 11.2 ft per bl ? shoots fcking good as far as i can see, a decent air gun imo ! ( iv just mensioned it, as no one else seems to ? is that because its no good or theres so any other better air rifles out there - yes which is obvious, .....but what do you think about this hw90 gas ram ? ) :hmm: ATB ...FT

Ive got a hw97 in .22 short stroke home tuned in a hw77 wood stock with no bear trap (or rattlely bit as i call it).

Its took ages to get right, i stripped it down 8 times to get to my liking, putting out 11.2 fpe and has no twang just a thud, and easily puts rabbits down at 40 meters.

Is also so pleasent to use.

But i havent shot and of the other guns mentioned, i also have a hw 57 which i havent tuned but is also fun to shoot and has only been used on rats.

FF

• Like 2

For me, if we are talking strictly legal, sub-12 foot pound spring rifle hunting performance, it has to be the HW77 .22 I currently own. That rifle has given me some incredible shooting memories.

I really can't sing its praises enough. Just a beautifully sweet and incredibly accurate rifle you'd be proud to own.

Walther LGV in .177 job done, in fact you might as well get rid of the TX lol, out of the other 3 you mention hw 77 in .177 once tuned.

Hi Charlie,

I`ve fancied the LGV competition ultra for a while now but the 10.2 ft/lb to 10.4 ft/lbs muzzle energy put me off but the accuracy of the LGV is tremendous.

The 10 lbs weight without a silencer is also a thought to those who go walk abouts, to me, no as I do loads of static hunting.

atb

Well I had the LGV master pro and I can tell you it certainly was not doing 10 ftlbs it did 11 straight out of the box, I stripped it gave it a relube and added a power washer, it sat at 11.6 for about a tin of pellets or so, then I had to remove the power washer as it became a little warm, it then settled at a super consistent 11.7 absolutely lazer accurate, smooth and the quietest springer I have ever encountered.

• Like 1

Hi Charlie,

atb

Well I had the LGV master pro and I can tell you it certainly was not doing 10 ftlbs it did 11 straight out of the box, I stripped it gave it a relube and added a power washer, it sat at 11.6 for about a tin of pellets or so, then I had to remove the power washer as it became a little warm, it then settled at a super consistent 11.7 absolutely lazer accurate, smooth and the quietest springer I have ever encountered.

Oops, sorry Charlie :icon_redface: got my memory mixed up, Rez was praising his mates LGV Comp` Ultra very highly.

You were selling the LGV Master Pro to purchase a pcp but again praised the LGV highly.

Did you sell it and do you miss it ?

atb

Hi Charlie,

atb

Oops, sorry Charlie :icon_redface: got my memory mixed up, Rez was praising his mates LGV Comp` Ultra very highly.

You were selling the LGV Master Pro to purchase a pcp but again praised the LGV highly.

Did you sell it and do you miss it ?

atb

Some memory you have mark.

The weight is the only let down. Everything else was up there with the best I've personally shot. In .177, you won't miss.

• Like 1

Hi mate,

I have a crap memory until we talk air rifles :laugh:

With me liking static/ ambush hunting, the heavier the rifle, the better, over primos sticks, you might as well put the rifle in a gentle vice,- extremely accurate results :good:

The weight and accuracy of these guns had me listen up some and still listening :hmm:

Rez, is your mate still using the LGV Comp` Ultra ? ( 10.2 to 10.4 ft lbs muzzle energy) from new but highly, highly accurate .

atb

Hi mate,

I have a crap memory until we talk air rifles :laugh:

With me liking static/ ambush hunting, the heavier the rifle, the better, over primos sticks, you might as well put the rifle in a gentle vice,- extremely accurate results :good:

The weight and accuracy of these guns had me listen up some and still listening :hmm:

Rez, is your mate still using the LGV Comp` Ultra ? ( 10.2 to 10.4 ft lbs muzzle energy) from new but highly, highly accurate .

atb

Unfortunalty not mate. He got rid a few weeks after my post. Reason being he found it difficult getting into the high 50's on the course. To my disgrace that he sold it. He wasn't really a hunter or field person to be fair, so never took it out into the field much, if at all, and if he did it was with me, and I used it and he shot his 100. He was very much "get a HFT500, hit every thing... I'm a great shot" later on kinda thing. When really, he couldn't hit a barn door with a proper recoiling rifle. Not that the LGV recoiled.

You know what. As I like static hunting myself, so weight not being an issue at all, and waiting in a good well thought out spot... I'd have a competition ultra if it was for one thing. The stock. I think it really lets what is a superb rifled down. Internally and externally, metal wise, Jesus. But that beech stock is wank. Give it a PS stock and yep. I would buy one tomorrow, and that's the truth. And... I hate to say it and it's an opinion (the stock thing isn't, that's utter pat) but the trigger... it's not in the same league as the record or AA units. No where near. And as you'll know, a trigger is thee most important aspect of any rifle.

As an extra. Power was down a bit. 10.6-7. But it dropped game like any rifle I've owned.

Apart from my rapid :D

• Like 1