They couldn't be patterdales. There's something else in them

If you go back far enough theres something else in all of them

According to a few on here they have nothing but pure patterdales... I think 1 of these pure patterdales from NI was used as the stud dog to the white pups.

You'll deny it, but I'll presume you mean I'm one of the lads who says he has "pure" Patterdales.

But that's putting words in my mouth.

But then again, I'm probably being silly here by discussing terriers with you because at the end of the day you haven't one clue on the subject, let's face it.

What type are you trying out this week ? Bedlingtons ? Borders ?

• Like 1

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two pups I've been gifted from a member off here. Thought I'd share a few pics.

a couple of young whites.........................   atb

My young bitch pup

Posted Images

Neil as far as i'm concerned, with working terriers, a type/name is only applicable to the colour the dog is itself...

If they are black i'd simply say Patterdale. If black an tan, a Lakie. All white and it's a Russell to me, no matter what it came out of and so on and so on...

Thing is though, they aint my litter, so their owners can call em what they want... ;)

They couldn't be patterdales. There's something else in them

If you go back far enough theres something else in all of them

According to a few on here they have nothing but pure patterdales... I think 1 of these pure patterdales from NI was used as the stud dog to the white pups.

You'll deny it, but I'll presume you mean I'm one of the lads who says he has "pure" Patterdales.

But that's putting words in my mouth.

But then again, I'm probably being silly here by discussing terriers with you because at the end of the day you haven't one clue on the subject, let's face it.

What type are you trying out this week ? Bedlingtons ? Borders ?

Welsh!!!

Neil as far as i'm concerned, with working terriers, a type/name is only applicable to the colour the dog is itself...

If they are black i'd simply say Patterdale. If black an tan, a Lakie. All white and it's a Russell to me, no matter what it came out of and so on and so on...

Thing is though, they aint my litter, so their owners can call em what they want... ;)

Correct bosun,

I had a black & tan lakie bitch pup, she was 9 months old when I had to move the pup on as I was starting a job in Norway, my mate took her which was spot on, as when the job finished and I was back out with the dogs I could watch her progress she turned out a very handy bitch, a few years later my mate decided to breed the bitch and used a very good black dog to sire the pups she had 5 pups,

3 blacks and 2 Black and Tan pups I had pick of the litter I chose a black rough coated dog pup, I always referred too him as a fell terrier. Ive not owned a terrier that could fill that wee fell terriers boots. colour matters not a jot as long as they graft too a high standard and your happy with whats in your kennel then you have nothing to prove to anyone.

• Like 3

I had a litter many years ago out of a Lakeland bitch to a black Un from the Midlands, she produced 5 black and white, one black bitch and one black and tan Lakeland type. I called them russell , Lakelands and Patterdales, in exactly the same way as Bosun.

One of the black and white onespost-55605-0-26871400-1506972631_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

They were decent but didn't like it if you loaded the work, a weekend worrier would get one through a lifetime's work and be more than happy.

That young boy is my eldest, he's now 29 years old, on the plus side I'm still digging in the area lol.

• Like 2

Interesting mate.

IMO it appears like recessive white gene's aligned on "both" sides of the black dogs to produce a few white pups? I wonder would it come out if only one side had white stuff back in them if there has been black dogs in the line for a long time? the breeders on both sides should have an idea of where the white throw back came from if they have had the line for a time?

Once they work who cares.

• Like 4

So are folk on hear now saying that there is white patterdales? From pure patterdales? Genuine quetion or do you just dislike someone and dimiss there point of view cause it doesnt sing to the chorus!

Men on here yes neil you included said yous could trace 7 generations! Of terriers and nothing added breeds pure..

When some said different they were clowns and know nothing.. id say this line was planned and probably thought out with related stock... best of luck with them whoever bred them im not hating on anyone i hope they work the best whoever owns them...

By the way im not rascist when it comes to working terriers.but still whites..sure there all shite and just for amateurs like myself.

So are folk on hear now saying that there is white patterdales? From pure patterdales? Genuine quetion or do you just dislike someone and dimiss there point of view cause it doesnt sing to the chorus!

Men on here yes neil you included said yous could trace 7 generations! Of terriers and nothing added breeds pure..

When some said different they were clowns and know nothing.. id say this line was planned and probably thought out with related stock... best of luck with them whoever bred them im not hating on anyone i hope they work the best whoever owns them...

By the way im not rascist when it comes to working terriers.but still whites..sure there all shite and just for amateurs like myself.

good write up stop end .

Stopend, you said you believed a "pure patterdale" from Ni was the stud dog to this litter. Which is complete BS.
  • Like 2

good write up stop end .

Get off your knees pmsl.

good write up stop end .
I

Get off your knees pmsl.

I don't know what you mean sir ?

There's an old saying "never argue with a fool as he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

So I wont argue with you but I will state what I said to show you keep putting words in my mouth, and I stand by my statement.

If the Kennel Club regards a dog as being PURE when it has been breed pure (same type to same type) for 9 generations then IMO there are men out there who's terriers have been bred type (ie. black working terrier) to type for many generations. In some cases this might be 15 or more generations on the same yard and maybe only going outside of that yard 2 or 3 times in 30 + years.

If that ain't pure I don't know what is ?

I've never said that my terriers fall into this category, show me where if I have ?

I might have said that I can however go back maybe 20 generations on my terriers (6 or 7 my own) and although there's many lads who can say this they usually keep it to themselves and those who say it's all bullshit usually do so out of jealousy.

There's a lot to be said for only dealing with good honest serious terriermen.

• Like 2