Joshua V Klitschko

The old lactic acid myth :D .....Joshua got smacked on the chin by a man of his own size and got wobbled yes.....Fury got smacked on the chin by smaller men and was put on his arse... better or worse ?......Joshua isnt the first fighter in history to have a six pack he isnt even a particularly big muscled chap he just carries low bodyfat and would do even if he wasnt a boxer it looks good on the fight posters but its not intentional its just the way the lads put together.

Honestly I'd of said Joshua stiffening up is worse if you say different then you more knowledgeable than I am so I'd take you on I've taken my share of digs and been knocked off my feet but my head was clear so had the wherwithall (is that a word) to shell up and avoid the stamps and got back up relatively unscathed. I'd of honestly thought it'd be better as a boxer to take a count and get up with a clear head than stay on your feet but be on queer street for the next few minutes, just to clarify I like AJ and hope he clears up the division.

No your absolutely right mate Joshua didnt have the experience to take a knee its usually a pride thing with talented youngsters....my point was folk dig Joshua out for getting wobbled without realising that the punch that wobbled him would of knocked Fury spark out if previous fights are anything to go on.

deff :thumbs::yes:

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What Joshua is proving is what a lot of fighters talk about but dont actually do......he is doing the good old fashioned thing in boxing of letting his fists do the talking by not bashing around idiot

God I hate it when folk put "FACT" at the end of a sentence ....because it fecking ain't a fact,,,

Headliner worst fight of the night lol

Posted Images

He hasn't got the talent, chin or heart to go anywhere. The way he quit last night was a disgrace. Gavin was also a disgrace for failing to make weight. Just goes to show that professional fighting is a different ball game.

Most trainers spend the first few years of a young pros career trying to get rid of all the amateur traits....Gavin,Campbell,Ogogo,Stalker etc all box with a lot of faults picked up in the amatuers.

He hasn't got the talent, chin or heart to go anywhere. The way he quit last night was a disgrace. Gavin was also a disgrace for failing to make weight. Just goes to show that professional fighting is a different ball game.

Most trainers spend the first few years of a young pros career trying to get rid of all the amateur traits....Gavin,Campbell,Ogogo,Stalker etc all box with a lot of faults picked up in the amatuers.

I sometimes look at fighters these days and I feel that they do too much pad work and not enough sparring, i see them throwing predictable combinations that are preset with basically every shot missing. I can remember Emmanuel Steward talking about when he started training Chavez and he mentioned he never did pad work just countless rounds of sparring. Chavez knew every trick in the book and even taught the great trainer a lot.

• Like 1

I sometimes look at fighters these days and I feel that they do too much pad work and not enough sparring, i see them throwing predictable combinations that are preset with basically every shot missing. I can remember Emmanuel Steward talking about when he started training Chavez and he mentioned he never did pad work just countless rounds of sparring. Chavez knew every trick in the book and even taught the great trainer a lot.

Its why Mexcians are so ring savvy they dont do a lot of pad work......its the way the game has changed over here hard sparring is a thing of the past in most gyms.... paid sparring partners are now called journeymen and earn their money on undercards not in the gym.

• Like 1

Its why Mexcians are so ring savvy they dont do a lot of pad work......its the way the game has changed over here hard sparring is a thing of the past in most gyms.... paid sparring partners are now called journeymen and earn their money on undercards not in the gym.

Yep, trouble is with pad work you know what you're doing before you do it and you have a stationary target in front of you. Nothing beats sparring against different styles, you learn lots of little tricks along the way that even the trainers can miss.

Yep, trouble is with pad work you know what you're doing before you do it and you have a stationary target in front of you. Nothing beats sparring against different styles, you learn lots of little tricks along the way that even the trainers can miss.

Pad work has its place the same as everything else but its "showy " so is used a lot in public workouts for cameras etc......locked away in gyms i dont think its really used a lot more than it ever was but hard sparring is definitely a thing thats missing from a lot of young fighters they just dont seem to have the valuable ring intelligence gained from sparring well versed old veterans.....ive never seen so many lads turning pro with straight pretty little virgin noses it dont seem right to me :D

Fury reminds me of Cooney sometimes, and yes he goes down but he gets up with a clear head.

He,s got back up against much smaller proven light punchers yes.....better or worse.

And Fury is much better on his feet than Cooney ever was......but then Cooney had a destructive left hand that Fury hasnt got.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

James Toney sparred hard and often, he was a beautiful boxer aesthetically. He makes fighting look effortless and was as cool as a cucumber. Here he is against the G-Man, I think he definitely out boxes Gerald here.

That bloke skipping is annoying ...lol

James Toney sparred hard and often, he was a beautiful boxer aesthetically. He makes fighting look effortless and was as cool as a cucumber. Here he is against the G-Man, I think he definitely out boxes Gerald here.

That bloke skipping is annoying ...lol

Just watch that poetry in motion, Toney was as smooth as butter.....

Toney was a great talent but still lost nearly every round to a prime Roy Jones taking his undefeated record as well iirc.Scores were 119-108 118-109 117-108. At the time of the fight Toney was ranked no2 and Jones no 3 on the lb for lb list.I honestly believe if Jones or Toney had stayed at middleweight Hopkins would never have been Champion never mind dominating the division for so long. Toney v Hopkins would have been an interesting fight but my money would have been on Toney.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 3

I'm not one for making excuses but I heard it through the grapevine that Toney was killing himself to make weight. Although Toney for me was the better boxer Jones was a freak of nature that may be never seen again. His speed and reflexes were out of this world in his prime.

• Like 2

I'm not one for making excuses but I heard it through the grapevine that Toney was killing himself to make weight. Although Toney for me was the better boxer Jones was a freak of nature that may be never seen again. His speed and reflexes were out of this world in his prime.

If he had retired after winning the Heavyweight belt Jones would have been arguably one of the greatest of all time,trouble was he didn't retire and he was never the same fighter after winning the Heavyweight belt. He was told by numerous sports doctors etc that he would never be the same after moving up to Heavyweight and they were all proved correct. Like you say a true freak of nature.

Edited by MickC

If he had retired after winning the Heavyweight belt Jones would have been arguably one of the greatest of all time,trouble was he didn't retire and he was never the same fighter after winning the Heavyweight belt. He was told by numerous sports doctors etc that he would never be the same after moving up to Heavyweight and they were all proved correct. Like you say a true freak of nature.
I still think he's one of the greatest of all time despite the mockery he's made of himself for the last decade. Edited by DogFox123