So Much For A Fwb Sport.

Now I am a plonker when it comes to striping down guns to do mods as Chris (seamaster) will confirm, thank you Chris for your help with the bits on the Ultra, however, this is not something to just take back for a refund my friend, it is a classic and a few quid and some outside help if needed would be very worthwhile because these things are going to become more and more hard come by BUT YOU WILL OWN A CLASSIC while others will not.

Phil

Don't give up yet mark.. I'm in the same boat..got some lovely old black and white photies here of me and me dad back in the early 70's with me on one knee and his webley hawk/ tasco 4×20 on the other..wish i could get these photies up on here...tattoos and mustache galore..Rez would be proud! Haha.

Keep searching mate

Atb steg

Steg,

its easy via imgur mate,

but if you get stuck just email me them and ill put them up for you

regards john

Cheers DJ.. haven't got that far with them yet mate..they still in a carrier bag

Atb steg

Its hardly surprising really, a 40 year old air rifle that has probably sat unused in a cupboard for 25 years, only to be taken out and used repetitively something was sure to go, its like buying a 40 year old landrover that has been stood for ages, firing it up and then being surprised when it breaks down, it sounds like the FWB had lots of potential Mark, I think if you get it sorted you might well fall in love with it mate, go on give it a go.

• Like 2

Its hardly surprising really, a 40 year old air rifle that has probably sat unused in a cupboard for 25 years, only to be taken out and used repetitively something was sure to go, its like buying a 40 year old landrover that has been stood for ages, firing it up and then being surprised when it breaks down, it sounds like the FWB had lots of potential Mark, I think if you get it sorted you might well fall in love with it mate, go on give it a go.

Genuinely that was the same comparison I had in my mind! Been in both situations lol.

• Like 1

AIRGUN SPARES : FWB : Sport 124 & 127 - John Knibbs International ...

here you go mark and all of £14

your going to get rid becouse of £14

now i know your a tight git :yes:

O and by the way all you will ever need for her on this site

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I`m gonna buy you a beer one of these days Mac.

They mentioned fitting a BSA piston head seal shaved down which is not for me. :nono:

The airgun spares site is selling genuine parts and made replacement parts, so now she stands a very good chance of staying with me.

Only one beer twat !

• Like 5

They mentioned fitting a BSA piston head seal shaved down which is not for me. :nono:

The airgun spares site is selling genuine parts and made replacement parts, so now she stands a very good chance of staying with me.

Only one beer twat !

DONT KNOW ANY THING ME YA NO

JUST BECOUSE IV BEEN AWAY FROM SPRING RIFLES FOR SO LONG

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

ATVBTOP TWAT :laugh::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Good call Mark, while you are at it, de-grease everything, polish the piston,end of the piston rod where it meets the trigger sear, polish the spring ends like a mirror,yo may have to re-size the new piston seal (easy job) hold the piston in your cordless drill, spin it at a medium speed, wet some very fine wet and dry and hold it around the seal, take a bit off at a time and try it in the bore, you just want a bit of resistance, but not a lot, finally apply some moly paste sparingly to the spring and spring ends, spray some dri slide on the piston, and a light smear of silicon oil to the new seal, job done....... Oh and then check the power, it will probably creep up a bit as the new seal beds in,so keep an eye on it, you will have yourself one hell of a classic hunting air rifle mate, good luck with it.

• Like 3

Well I`m disappointed.

Took the just bought Sport mk1 for a good zeroing session today and the piston head ( I believe and made of leather) has given in.

I phoned the rfd up and has offered a full refund or he`ll get a gunsmith friend of his to put a BSA piston head, re sized into it.

I`m taking the refund and might give up the ghost on classical hunting.

A FWB Sport mk1 with a BSA piston head is a mongrel isn`t it :yes:

I might look for old HW springers ?

ah well :hmm:

Get your self a 77, you won't look back. :thumbs:

97s all day long much better than a 77

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

It's just an updated 77. So na na na naaaaa na. :tongue2:

Well I`m disappointed.

Took the just bought Sport mk1 for a good zeroing session today and the piston head ( I believe and made of leather) has given in.

I phoned the rfd up and has offered a full refund or he`ll get a gunsmith friend of his to put a BSA piston head, re sized into it.

I`m taking the refund and might give up the ghost on classical hunting.

A FWB Sport mk1 with a BSA piston head is a mongrel isn`t it :yes:

I might look for old HW springers ?

ah well :hmm:

Get your self a 77, you won't look back. :thumbs:

97s all day long much better than a 77

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

It's just an updated 77. So na na na naaaaa na. :tongue2:

97 still better as you say,d updated :laugh: :tongue2:

ill say no more

Only one beer twat !

mate I just bought an end of ptfe bar about 9" long for a fiver off eBay and made loads of piston heads just get one the same size as the internal of the cylinder then slice it up into the thickness you want, it's very self sealing and after one or two shots runs sweet it's also friction free, there is nothing original in my old Mercury but it's ten times better than it was new and I have know problem hunting live quarry with it, if your stuck on keeping it original there are still people stocking parts for old guns,but the toys out the pray don't bode well at the first hurdle and a tiny hurdle at that, I Iove old motors that constantly need repair, I shoot an old gun that I've rebuilt more than I can remember and my fishing kit looks like it's out a skip, if your not one to live with a few minor niggles stick to new stuff, because after the piston head is fixed chances are it will need something else sorting,