Countrymans Weekly

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd love to do an article on this, but somehow I think that it might not be publishable! The thing is that the whole hare coursing debate is very divisive. On the one hand you have landowners who are

If a law is unjust, biased, unenforceable in its present form then surely the Law should be revoked or at the very least be reformed or redrafted. The United Kingdom has different legislation regardin

There's a new magazine coming out for those who think they're too hard core for the CMW . It's called "YOB DOG and RUNNING AWAY," it's sponsored by SUBARU.

I think that was the shooting news offices Neil?

I just had a quick flick through the old issues I have of Working Terrier and Running Dog (because I was starting to doubt myself) and in issue 20 the editor mentions that The Animal Liberation Front sent an incendiary device that went off and caused a fire in their offices.

Mind you, looking through the mags reminded me that the early 90s really was a golden age of working dog authors. It was a great mag.

• Like 1

I think that was the shooting news offices Neil?

I just had a quick flick through the old issues I have of Working Terrier and Running Dog (because I was starting to doubt myself) and in issue 20 the editor mentions that The Animal Liberation Front sent an incendiary device that went off and caused a fire in their offices.

Mind you, looking through the mags reminded me that the early 90s really was a golden age of working dog authors. It was a great mag.

aye where do the find these nutters ?? I have even heard story's about then hurting and killing keepers and hunt dogs .so much for there love of animals . Edited by scottish lurcher
  • 2 years later...
17 minutes ago, two crows said:

when you read articles from old cmw the writing style was quite funny rely, you get the impression they took themselves very seriously.

The letters page was entertaining a bit like these forums now ..I remember Aubery Fryer replying to one of my letters and calling me a liar a bit rich coming from a bullshiter like him.lol

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

The letters page was entertaining a bit like these forums now ..I remember Aubery Fryer replying to one of my letters and calling me a liar a bit rich coming from a bullshiter like him.lol

plummer used to name people and their dogs in books and articles as though they were top blokes, when in reality they just ordinary twats like every one else lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Plenty of liars writing articles in there back in the day. One of which I referred to the other night ?