Game Over At 23

I had a knee operation last June which I paid private for to push it along went on to win the treble with my club and play in the millennium stadium but playing yesterday Iv done them again so it's time to retire hasn't quite sunk in yet absolutely gutted !! Felt terrible sending a text I couldn't go hunting this morning hate letting people down ! Gone be abit mad not playing anymore but the dogs are gone be pleased alot more hunting when I'm back on my feet

With hard work you have achieved some great things many could only dream about.

Look back at the good things and not what could have been, look after yourself and enjoy your other hobbies.

So much out there to be enjoyed and you are just at the beginning of your adult life.

Just a thought Ow, maybe a bit soon but have you thought about staying in the game on the coaching side of things?,

I coached when I did it the first time I enjoyed it but really struggled and hard for me to turn down hunting when I wasn't actually playing myself ! Iv had all my coaches on the phone today saying they want me coaching !
  • Like 1

Just a thought Ow, maybe a bit soon but have you thought about staying in the game on the coaching side of things?,

just took the words out my mouth there grandad , sorry to hear that Owean chin up and pal ?

Know how you feel I'm 26 . 6 months ago I got an operation that destroyed my upper body . Bones broken plates inserted cartridge completely removed. Was told a year before I'm back at boxing or any kind of sport. Felt properly down for ages couldn't do anything for myself. Yesterday 6 month on I went hill walking and thought I was gonty be terrible as av been on the couch for months. I know it's not much of an achievement but I over took a group of scouts on the hills an honestly felt like the boy lol. You'll be fine.

It's all about setting yourself goals bud there's a hill by me I could run up before the first injury and I made it my mission to walk it after my first being head strong b*****d that I am I walked in 6 weeks after my op really pushed me on in my recovery ! I'm glad Iv got the dogs and hunting a lot lads I know go to a dark place when they finish young
  • Like 1

Thats shit news owain.and after the private op you had aswell.

Chin up mate.

You will struggle to see past the situation now.

But you could of had a worse injury that would also of meant no hunting.