Best Lamp

Had my tracer 140 vp about 6 years. Only thing I had to do is buy a new battery-powered lamp connector cost 10 quid... Other than that never let me down.

Bought a hid enforcer good lamp just expensive. The led light seem too faded to me and not bright enough...shit with a filter as well.

If I was you I'd buy the new enforcer halogen vp with a lithium 22amp

Why the VP? I have never had to use it in many years if lamping.

Light force should do what cluson did and put a gate light on the lamp, not the shitty led thing on the enforcer it doesn't compare.

Lightforce have gone backwards imo

well, vp because it's on offer? Doesn't mean you need to use it.

And regards to the led gate lamp, how much light do u need? Lol

Mines been spot on.

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had lightforce for years Gav the way you posted implys there poor lamps. I beg to differ how many seasons has your led lamp done mate just out intrest. I've a lightforce here that's about ten yea

Reminds me of the old days when I would pinch a spotlight off the front of an old xr3i and sellotape a plant pot to the front lol

Striker if your on small medium fields blitz if on big open arable land New led lamps av piss poor pencil beams Old trusty lightforce will not let you down My opinion mate atb

Posted Images

Had my tracer 140 vp about 6 years. Only thing I had to do is buy a new battery-powered lamp connector cost 10 quid... Other than that never let me down.

Bought a hid enforcer good lamp just expensive. The led light seem too faded to me and not bright enough...shit with a filter as well.

Light force should do what cluson did and put a gate light on the lamp, not the shitty led thing on the enforcer it doesn't compare.

What about the wiring?

The wiring was spot on

well, vp because it's on offer? Doesn't mean you need to use it.

And regards to the led gate lamp, how much light do u need? Lol

Mines been spot on.

The button is in an awkward placeon the lightforce, on the cluson it is next to the main beam.

Striker if your on small medium fields blitz if on big open arable land New led lamps av piss poor pencil beams Old trusty lightforce will not let you down My opinion mate atb

Striker n blits are good lamps but I've had nothing but trouble with the variable striker.

Them handheld ones are ok plr500 beam is narrow not so good for running dogs unless your on big flat ground. Dl100 is an ok lamp but mine burnt out so in the end I decided to get a decent battery and striker. Happy with it when it works ok just not so pleased with the wiring. Best of luck whatever you choose

I've had a plr500 since they came out and never had any bother with it what's your thinking on nots so good for running dogs on them ,not been funny or sarcastic just interested in your thoughts on it .ive taking more little runners and big runners than most would believe and find it it very effective with the small beam as I think there'll be more chance of taking five rabbits then just one two if you're lucky enough not to have scared them off with a much bigger beam

I've had lightforce for years Gav the way you posted implys there poor lamps. I beg to differ how many seasons has your led lamp done mate just out intrest. I've a lightforce here that's about ten year old I've changed the coiled lead once due to cutting original in half coser the lead was hanging out the boot other then that no issue at all. Not looking to punt a sales pitch by any means I just don't like seen lads waste there money and again In my opinion them led lamps are poor for a lamper that does a bit . Ok if your out an hour or 2 a week I suppose.

Not sure where I implied that they are poor lamps. You said you don't trust the quality because they are cheap. So I responded that they are cheap enough to carry a spare.

The gamekeeper 120 is plenty of lamp for anyone and not just rabbits. The one issue is the battery life. But I always carry either the DL100 or DL150 in my bag as backup.

I will probably get another 120 this winter and then when one dies just swap lamps. They are small enough and lightweight enough.

I think this thread proves that there is no "best lamp". We all want different things from a lamp.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

For lads talk about glare reduction

Reminds me of the old days when I would pinch a spotlight off the front of an old xr3i and sellotape a plant pot to the front lol
Did you smash the glass and fit a doorbell button aswell lol, lightforce could learn a thing or three about wiring from cluson, and the PLR 500 is a pleasure to use

Iv had my lightforce 170 for about 14-15 years replaced the cord once if you do it properly you won't need to do it again, the bulb blew the other week that's the only time Iv replaced it, Iv got a 22amp lithium it last for ever , I'm not keen on the led lamps but that's just my opinion each to there own

• Like 2