Is Any Athlete Clean???

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive said to people about this medical exemption nonsense before when it seemed half the ufc roster was prescribed testostorone due to a low natural test level, if you looked at all sports iy would see

I'm playing semi pro rugby at the moment and the jump is massive few lads I played with when younger went huge in a matter of months !! And a good friend has recently gone pro and their pumping growth

Probably not and thats something ive said for a long time from 70s 80s on I doubt theres been many clean champions in any sport

That's a desperate article if I've ever seen one. Like I say I've got it and it's makes you a weaker person. We're supposed to believe that we have a disproportionately high number of people with a chronic lung disease in our Olympic team who can compete with people who don't and yet we get so may golds...sorry I call BS

That's a desperate article if I've ever seen one. Like I say I've got it and it's makes you a weaker person. We're supposed to believe that we have a disproportionately high number of people with a chronic lung disease in our Olympic team who can compete with people who don't and yet we get so may golds...sorry I call BS
You can call it whatever you like. There's a fella who researches exercise induced asthma who's offering an alternative explanation.

Lots of folks have asthma fella, that doesn't make them scientific authorities on it.

According to him 70% of our swimmers have the condition, greater than our cyclists, yet they hardly lead the world in the pool do they.

Edited by Born Hunter

You can call it whatever you like. There's a fella who researches exercise induced asthma who's offering an alternative explanation.

Lots of folks have asthma fella, that doesn't make them scientific authorities on it.

According to him 70% of our swimmers have the condition, greater than our cyclists, yet they hardly lead the world in the pool do they.

I've thought for a while,a lot of people who had bad asthma as children often seem to go on to become good athletes when they're older.

Is it all psychological?

maybe they're just tougher mentally and more disciplined from all the struggling they've had to put up with.

Maybe their circulatory system and lungs have become more efficient due to not being able to get enough air,then when they take their meds or grow out of it and their bronchials open up they're like the duracell bunny.

• Like 1

I've thought for a while,a lot of people who had bad asthma as children often seem to go on to become good athletes when they're older.

Is it all psychological?

maybe they're just tougher mentally and more disciplined from all the struggling they've had to put up with.

Maybe their circulatory system and lungs have become more efficient due to not being able to get enough air,then when they take their meds or grow out of it and their bronchials open up they're like the duracell bunny.

Or maybe they are given certain enhancing drugs to help compete?

Is it all psychological?

I think they could take stronger illegal peds without getting caught,especially with expert help.

Is it all psychological?

I think they could take stronger illegal peds without getting caught,especially with expert help.

Thing is they likely do, I've always stood by my belief that they should legalise PED'S....

His asthma is hardly new, he`s had it years.

21% of athletes compared to 10% or so of the general populace have asthma or sports induces wheeze. To do with working the system harder.

Like I say, Russian sour grapes but some people will believe what they like without knowing anything about it so crack on.

I'm playing semi pro rugby at the moment and the jump is massive few lads I played with when younger went huge in a matter of months !! And a good friend has recently gone pro and their pumping growth into him plus the training the head and shoulders above our leauge a lot of them weren't the best just their face fitter so they got pushed through

I've heard lots of stories about lads making the move up a few leagues and they said the pressure to use growth was incredible (not just in rugby) it's easy to see why folks get on it then once they realise how good it is very hard to come off it.

Is any athlete clean ?...........no

Is any athlete who is not clean a cheat ?........no

For better or worse sport has changed lads just accept it.

So don't you think it's time we should change our views on PED's and get our heads out of the sand?

I feel sorry for the very few that will actually be clean...

Someone should take his medals and his f***ing bike and shove it up his arse

He's part to blame for the massive increase in Lycra clad wanna be Wiggos all over the road

:laugh: i ride a bike , but am a old fecker lol, but i know what you mean, its like the tour de france on weekends lol some go round near 30mph , young blokes i am happy doing 1/2 that speed , ive had bad back all this week, wonder if bike riding any good for weak back .? it is nice to get out and get some fresh air and bit of exercise , pity about my back though :yes: