Intresting

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If there's something at home mine always looks up and winks at me!

Mine go back to truck for the digging gear

Despite what we think we smell and what an earth looks like, a terrier knows the difference between scent of an animal been and gone and a live animal still moving and breathing within the earth. My e

My bitch led me to this today pulling very strong on the lead and making a few noises, something could have been at home but it looks like a old hole dosent it?

I never go by looks Danny and theres only one way to find out and thats collar the dog and enter it, you can have fresh looking heavily padded holes that hold nothing and yet get one in a hole full of leaves, quite often they get run to ground unseen and will hole up in the first place of refuge whether its a hole,drain or anything, WM

• Like 5

My bitch led me to this today pulling very strong on the lead and making a few noises, something could have been at home but it looks like a old hole dosent it?

I never go by looks Danny and theres only one way to find out and thats collar the dog and enter it, you can have fresh looking heavily padded holes that hold nothing and yet get one in a hole full of leaves, quite often they get run to ground unseen and will hole up in the first place of refuge whether its a hole,drain or anything, WM

You must be wrong mate, all the real experts on here say their terriers can tell if theres something in before they even get to the holes :D

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

The holes that look dead are the ones I'd be checking , seen it plenty times checking a few spots, holes all clean look 100 per cent dogs says nowt home , then 50 yards away single hole with nothing but leafs, dog marking , collar on and bingo were on

• Like 5

Hole is big enough to get down its under a old tree loads of room down there and these a hole other side of it so possibly a bolt hole? My bitch has only been used for bunnys and I've only had her a week so not sure haw she would react to something bigger than a bunny haha it is tempting but not sure if my dog would be ready and wouldn't want to Nock her confidence

Hole is big enough to get down its under a old tree loads of room down there and these a hole other side of it so possibly a bolt hole? My bitch has only been used for bunnys and I've only had her a week so not sure haw she would react to something bigger than a bunny haha it is tempting but not sure if my dog would be ready and wouldn't want to Nock her confidence

Danny if you're not 100% committed then leave her out, holes under trees can be a nightmare with roots and you don't want to be digging on your own, I'd be getting her out with some terriers that know their stuff in an easier place just to see if its in her, at least then you will know what she's about, WM

• Like 4