Who Has Pure Nuttall Terriers

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 good bitches

When the love of money becomes more than the love of the dogs, the whole things f****d, jmho

Who gives a f**k what colour they come once they work

Posted Images

I thought basic color genetics and been cover on here but here goes a black carrying a choc gene mated to a black with no gene /dilution will produce black but some will carry the choc gene but if your line/inbreeding them keeping tight for work sooner or later two carrying the choc gene are mated at some point and can produce choc maybe all maybe just one this is how a color not seen for a few gens suddenly turns up in a line same with white ,red or grizzle...A choc dog I once had was mated back to his black daughter and produced a litter of border type the bitch carried grizzle which masked the choc which she also carried simple ....anyway the nuttall line has produced great working terriers fact !!!

• Like 8

If you have generation's of blacks and you get something other then blacks then someone put something else in there. Some will call it a throw back. And if thats the case then somebody put something in the blood other then black.

Haven't you been down this road recently mate all patterdale are mungrels as they are type not breed and are made up from lots of different types of terrier

Edited by leethedog

And thats why theres alot of white pats out there right? And thats why folks liKe MR NUTTALL has a yard of white dogs.here in the state that a unexceptable color. And if you have a line that was bred hard on the black and there was nothing else in the line then you shouldnt get anything but black. You can call it a throw back or what ever else you want,if another color pops up that means someone but that color dog in the ped. Other wise it shouldnt pop up. Commen sense.so yes if your breeding this to that then of course you will have different colors..alot of you post crosses and call them pats. They look so big you might as well call them a small staff or pocket pit. Some of the dogs posted on the board you couldnt put in a ground hog set. And everything starts out as a mungrel as you call it but bred over and over and over again it becomes a breed just like every other breed has. They all started out as mutts but through culling and being specific you eventually will get what you want..if you breed your dog to just any working dog because you have a mungrel then good for you if thats what makes you happy..ill stay with line breeding so ill be consistent..why doesn't MR NUTTALL have white pats or brian from hurricane who has the miner blood, why doesn't he have white dogs or reds or what ever? Why? Do they cull them so nobody knows? Im not argue with you about color. Ill just say we agree to disagree. Peace

• Like 1

Chocolate cant be produced from 2 blacks. I was there 7/8 years ago. All black.

And lee are you on about the lad in France? Why has he gone off here?

It can RH

post-88284-0-39009000-1473828962_thumb.jpg

The terrier on the left must of got to the young bitch on the right while I was away and she dropped 4 pups 1 was a big choc dog

• Like 1

There has been chocolate in nuttall dog since the start,

And red too....

This is a bitch I had a long time ago that was pure Nuttal from a lad that used to be on the old patt site from The Wirral I was told she was tarmac lines

post-88284-0-05874200-1473829398.jpg

Genetics a you've gotta laugh or you'd end up crying haha all I know rippem is a dog made up from Lake land bedlington bullterrier russell and any other terrier any man decided to put 8n the mix will and does throw different colours and coats from time to time

I was always of the assumption that black x black and tan or black x blue produced the weak choc colour. I wasnt aware that generations of blacks could all of a sudden produce a choc. You live and learn I suppose.

It could only give you a chocolate if both parents carry the recessive gene

• Like 1