Akela Dog Food

It's surprising how many use the greyhound foods as the ingredients in them are absolute shite but the dogs somehow seem to do ok on it..

As said these top end foods aren't to bad if you've only a dog or 2 n even if quite a few dogs used as a top up to a natural diet they last a fair while, I'm using Millie's as a top up right now and have to say so far it's the best of any top end biscuit I've used..

• Like 2

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can vouch for it ! I can never understand when people go all out for good breeding , fitness and traiming ect then feed some cheap shite kibble . Would they expect an Olympic athlete to do their best

wasnt aimed at you mate just in general people moan about a few quid thats all i ment

owd on just let me put my specs on and read this again, £ 70 a month fer one mutt, my initial monthly cost to me fer one mutt, sweet fa, with what she catches plus butchers scraps, ive said this befor

I've 5 dogs on MIllies Wolfheart stuff. The retired 2 are on the low fat versions and 2 on Salmon and veg. I had my saluki x on it but she dropped condition like you wouldn't believe. I rang them up and they suggested a lower protein, higher carb version from their products. The difference was visible in days.

The quality of the ingredients and the "science" behind the choice and preparation of them is leap ahead of the kibble that has previously been available

• Like 2

Just bought a bag of Eden 80/20.

My pup has been on it a few days and so good so far ,her Shit is similar as to when she eats raw and it seem quite palatable.

My other dog is still turning his nose up to it though ,fussy wanker.

When u work it out for your dog u feed far less per meal than gain 28. U pick up less shit, the coat is shiny and not a dull look an it shouldn't bloat them as it doesn't soak and swell like gain 28.

When I worked it out, I spend about the same on raw, maybe raw abit cheaper as I do get chicken for free. But it's the benefit of not having flies in summer, defrosting it when u working full weeks and can't be f****d lol etc etc. I find it outways the cons, cons being price...

And Northern lite, they do a single protein one that's the duck, as some dogs do better on that, less protein too.

• Like 2

my older bitch is as fussy as it gets she tuned her nose up at it at first i had some cans of sardines here tiped the oil over it woofed it down over a week hardly any oil and shes eating perfect just add fish now and then might be worth a shot mate this particular bitch has even walked away from raw

• Like 2

When u work it out for your dog u feed far less per meal than gain 28. U pick up less shit, the coat is shiny and not a dull look an it shouldn't bloat them as it doesn't soak and swell like gain 28.

When I worked it out, I spend about the same on raw, maybe raw abit cheaper as I do get chicken for free. But it's the benefit of not having flies in summer, defrosting it when u working full weeks and can't be f****d lol etc etc. I find it outways the cons, cons being price...

And Northern lite, they do a single protein one that's the duck, as some dogs do better on that, less protein too.

will have a look at that cheers Edited by nothernlite

my older bitch is as fussy as it gets she tuned her nose up at it at first i had some cans of sardines here tiped the oil over it woofed it down over a week hardly any oil and shes eating perfect just add fish now and then might be worth a shot mate this particular bitch has even walked away from raw

Funny I said that earlier my youngest pup left some earlier and the older dog finished it off, I'm really hoping he takes to it as its a lot of food in a small meal ,so will help with his weight.

Yeh I was thinking the same seen as I give meat already that an 80 20 may not suit so went for one of there 50 50's n a 60 40 n both seem to be an ideal addition to there usual mix so far..

let me know how you get on with it dodger especially if it helps them keep their weight on
  • Like 1