First Proper Mooch In 6 Weeks...

Gaz_1989

That b&f was a good investment Gaz. Hearing of your Plummer's underground escapades makes me very relieved my bitch doesn't (touch wood...) drop below. I loathe digging with a passion :laugh:

I can confirm that the lazy b*****d .........

You've hurt my feelings now...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well folks as some of you know I've had my leg in a cast for 6 weeks after breaking my ankle. It's been the longest 6 weeks of my life and I've been itching to get out. Done a few small walks on my cr

I.ll put it another way then.a dog like that is a liability if you don't no all the earth's where you are hunting .and it drops in all the time you will be forever looking for it .not my type of days

That b&f was a good investment Gaz. Hearing of your Plummer's underground escapades makes me very relieved my bitch doesn't (touch wood...) drop below. I loathe digging with a passion :laugh:

The truth hurts lol ......

The truth hurts lol ......

:cray:

I'm sure mine miss a few inevitable at times,we all enjoying what we do is the main thing.i only started with one busher remember lol,food for thought maybe either way id rather miss a few and keep going if im honest you cant kill them all lol will always be there for another day

Very good post that mate. Probably the best you've wrote. It's like I typed it myself. Haha. Only messing.

Seriously though that's a valid point. Miss a few and keep on moving. Or stood still for 15 mins to get one stubborn rabbit out of a huge area.

Can you call your spaniel crosses out of cover while they are grafting away if you need to?

I'm not my bitches favourite fan at the moment. Just had a nice 3 hour mooch turn into a 3 hour rescue mission after she got herself stuck to ground. Wedged between a broken concrete pipe and a load of broken up house bricks, 3 feet down under thick roots, 12 feet into a blackthorn and nettle bush.

If you've ever Chopped through 12 foot of blackthorn and nettle with a walking stick and then dug 3 feet through roots and bricks with a broken folding shovel and your hands then you will understand my frustration and why I'm thinking about changing my name to spaniel Gaz ?

sounds more of a hinderence that bitch what is she a ground dog or a bushing dog? I'll Stick to the hard working x's less chance of them dropping to ground. Never know how rocky the ground is, or as winters approaching and the days are getting shorter last thing I could be bothered with is popping out a spade torch etc

seems plummers cant win. they die if they do and die if they dont, cracking post and some fine dogs.

I would say its just lack of training and obedience from an early age, get them out early and establish what they can and cannot do,whats acceptable etc,it can take a few months to sort out but well worth the effort, I do not get mistakes, only when adding a new pup to the pack but mine kill most stuff above ground anyway, round here it has to be really wet or cold for fox to go to ground and mine never go in a rabbit hole, they will mark up every occupied hole but will always wait, Plummers are a very intelligent breed and trained from young will be fine, Bunnyboiler, I told you when you bought that dog he was off earth dogs so it was no surprise that he does,GAZ you need to send that bitch over to me and I'll breed you a pup off her to replace her LOL's, I would take her out on her own for a bit and establish what she can and can't do, ferret over her and discourage any poor behaviour around holes, if you want me to try let me know,genuine offer, WM

• Like 3

seems plummers cant win. they die if they do and die if they dont, cracking post and some fine dogs.

I would say its just lack of training and obedience from an early age, get them out early and establish what they can and cannot do,whats acceptable etc,it can take a few months to sort out but well worth the effort, I do not get mistakes, only when adding a new pup to the pack but mine kill most stuff above ground anyway, round here it has to be really wet or cold for fox to go to ground and mine never go in a rabbit hole, they will mark up every occupied hole but will always wait, Plummers are a very intelligent breed and trained from young will be fine, Bunnyboiler, I told you when you bought that dog he was off earth dogs so it was no surprise that he does,GAZ you need to send that bitch over to me and I'll breed you a pup off her to replace her LOL's, I would take her out on her own for a bit and establish what she can and can't do, ferret over her and discourage any poor behaviour around holes, if you want me to try let me know,genuine offer, WM

I agree that it's down to early training. The lad who had her before me only did a bit of ratting with her and she's very strong willed so needed teaching right from wrong early on.

She's nearly 3 now and whilst I don't claim to be the best dog trainer in the world I've made absoloutly zero progress with her in the 6 months I've had her with regards to discouraging her from entering holes. She's got worse in fact and prefers to be below than above.

Appreciate the offer plucky but I'm gonna let a mate have a bash at using her as an earth dog and see how he gets on with her.

Ferreting with her wouldn't go well. She crunches ferrets like they are small mice and even a shock collar doesn't deter her.

I'm not going to rush into anything yet. I'm gonna spend the season with my mates bull X cocker and bring that on some more and get a pup in myself early next year.

• Like 4

I agree with you on most of that but having her off Gaz so you can breed and make a profit is wrong is that all you think about?
  • Like 4

you are a knobhead if you think that,it was a genuine offer to give him what he wants,the bitch would be of no use to me as she is but it seems any offer of help on here is viewed with suspicion,I have no need of money or more possession's, I retired at 44yrs old and do what I like when I like,I have just gifted a far better bitch to a mate 3yr old so you could not be farther from the truth,you and lads like you are the reason this site goes from bad to worse,hold your bitch tongue and try to see the best in people rather than knock anything your bitter life does,nt understand,anyone that knows or has read gaz,s posts can see he is exactly what the dogworld is about and cares for his stock,I had already offered him a free stud when he wanted but if this could of helped him I would,I have had these a long time now 1979 and understand exactly what makes them tick so grow up and get a life,WM

Edited by Plucky1
  • Like 1

Probaly he has 18 pups at miniute lol

3 litters in 2yrs putting decent plummers on the ground that simply are not out there,done my bit for the breed which is all I set out to do what have you done to help either anyone or any breed ?? WM,

Edited by Plucky1
  • Like 2

you are a knobhead if you think that,it was a genuine offer to give him what he wants,the bitch would be of no use to me as she is but it seems any offer of help on here is viewed with suspicion,I have no need of money or more possession's, I retired at 44yrs old and do what I like when I like,I have just gifted a far better bitch to a mate 3yr old so you could not be farther from the truth,you and lads like you are the reason this site goes from bad to worse,hold your bitch tongue and try to see the best in people rather than knock anything your bitter life does,nt understand,anyone that knows or has read gaz,s posts can see he is exactly what the dogworld is about and cares for his stock,I had already offered him a free stud when he wanted but if this could of helped him I would,I have had these a long time now 1979 and understand exactly what makes them tick so grow up and get a life,WM

I agree with you on most of that but having her off Gaz so you can breed and make a profit is wrong is that all you think about?

I'm the reason? Mate I bred my old bitch didn't charge a penny for the pups ? Plus I'm the one heading up on a 6 hour round trip to pick the bitch up for one of the lads so get your head out of your arse
  • Like 2

I'm the reason? Mate I bred my old bitch didn't charge a penny for the pups ? Plus I'm the one heading up on a 6 hour round trip to pick the bitch up for one of the lads so get your head out of your arse

go steady there mate! there are a few lads on here who have had owain out and he is deffo one of the good guys! his dogs want for nothing and he puts some serious hours of graft into his mutts.

and like he says he is willing to drive six hours to bring that bitch back for another lad on this site!

in my opinion its lads like him that make the site worth while.

atb

• Like 2
Guest foxpack

If you like the plummer type that much gaz 1989 I would be starting a fresh with a pup.simply because you can teach it your way .hard work trying to correct a adult even though can be done .I Tryed to break a hound X that had been let to hunt anything it wanted.Tryed everything .but was to far gone .

• Like 3