First Proper Mooch In 6 Weeks...

Gaz_1989

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well folks as some of you know I've had my leg in a cast for 6 weeks after breaking my ankle. It's been the longest 6 weeks of my life and I've been itching to get out. Done a few small walks on my cr

I.ll put it another way then.a dog like that is a liability if you don't no all the earth's where you are hunting .and it drops in all the time you will be forever looking for it .not my type of days

I would limit where you went .if she's sticking at that depth and can't be shouted out .I wouldn't be digging that deep .take all day long .you.d need a hole same size of a standard sitting room lol.

Fukc limiting where you go. Get rid of the dog for a proper bushing dog that won't go to ground and go where you want .......

• Like 1

I would limit where you went .if she's sticking at that depth and can't be shouted out .I wouldn't be digging that deep .take all day long .you.d need a hole same size of a standard sitting room lol.

f**k that mate I didn't get her to limit where I go.

And think someone misread the photo of the bellman earlier, it was 4 foot. Not 14 foot mate.

• Like 1
Guest foxpack

I.ll put it another way then.a dog like that is a liability if you don't no all the earth's where you are hunting .and it drops in all the time you will be forever looking for it .not my type of days out.but if your happy doing that fire away.

• Like 5

I'm sure mine miss a few inevitable at times,we all enjoying what we do is the main thing.i only started with one busher remember lol,food for thought maybe either way id rather miss a few and keep going if im honest you cant kill them all lol will always be there for another day

Very good post that mate. Probably the best you've wrote. It's like I typed it myself. Haha. Only messing.

Seriously though that's a valid point. Miss a few and keep on moving. Or stood still for 15 mins to get one stubborn rabbit out of a huge area.

Can you call your spaniel crosses out of cover while they are grafting away if you need to?

I'm not my bitches favourite fan at the moment. Just had a nice 3 hour mooch turn into a 3 hour rescue mission after she got herself stuck to ground. Wedged between a broken concrete pipe and a load of broken up house bricks, 3 feet down under thick roots, 12 feet into a blackthorn and nettle bush.

If you've ever Chopped through 12 foot of blackthorn and nettle with a walking stick and then dug 3 feet through roots and bricks with a broken folding shovel and your hands then you will understand my frustration and why I'm thinking about changing my name to spaniel Gaz

yes i can call them from cover they take direction and listen well,and as for chopping through and digging the obvious answer is no,,,,,,i keep bushers mate so no need.do yourself a favour shovel the fecker and get a purpose bred dog lol

I.ll put it another way then.a dog like that is a liability if you don't no all the earth's where you are hunting .and it drops in all the time you will be forever looking for it .not my type of days out.but if your happy doing that fire away.

I'm not happy doing it. Hence the rant on here ?

I'm sure mine miss a few inevitable at times,we all enjoying what we do is the main thing.i only started with one busher remember lol,food for thought maybe either way id rather miss a few and keep going if im honest you cant kill them all lol will always be there for another day

Very good post that mate. Probably the best you've wrote. It's like I typed it myself. Haha. Only messing.

Seriously though that's a valid point. Miss a few and keep on moving. Or stood still for 15 mins to get one stubborn rabbit out of a huge area.

Can you call your spaniel crosses out of cover while they are grafting away if you need to?

I'm not my bitches favourite fan at the moment. Just had a nice 3 hour mooch turn into a 3 hour rescue mission after she got herself stuck to ground. Wedged between a broken concrete pipe and a load of broken up house bricks, 3 feet down under thick roots, 12 feet into a blackthorn and nettle bush.

If you've ever Chopped through 12 foot of blackthorn and nettle with a walking stick and then dug 3 feet through roots and bricks with a broken folding shovel and your hands then you will understand my frustration and why I'm thinking about changing my name to spaniel Gaz

yes i can call them from cover they take direction and listen well,and as for chopping through and digging the obvious answer is no,,,,,,i keep bushers mate so no need.do yourself a favour shovel the fecker and get a purpose bred dog lol

If I get a spaniel and it goes to ground I'm making a voodoo doll for you and socks ?

• Like 1
Guest foxpack

I'm not happy doing it. Hence the rant on here

no good having a bad head.
  • Like 1

Doesn't matter if you know all the earths on your ground as a mate of mine found out he was walking a route he'd been walking for years full of rabbit burrows and yes you guessed it dropped in lucky enough it was only 3ft and a quick dig and the dog was out as you say their a liability and anybody tells you Plummers don't go to ground are clueless so if your getting one for bushing think again

That b&f was a good investment Gaz. Hearing of your Plummer's underground escapades makes me very relieved my bitch doesn't (touch wood...) drop below. I loathe digging with a passion :laugh:

I can confirm that the lazy b*****d .........