What Would You Do?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you thought the parents were good enough to breed from why would a colour bother you ? Half the reason terrier work has gone tits upwards is people breeding for colour or stamp, work is the reason

There's no such mythical animal as a "pure Patterdale " , they've got border, bull and Black and tan in the mix. They're a relatively new type, show me any pictures of a family of "pure Patterdale "

Rippem the reason we all say it's a throw back is because we all know there's no such thing as a pure Patterdale. You're getting obsessed with a piece of paper and a colour. The line of terriers I ke

Posted Images

Just put the animal asleep if it's bothering ye that much end of argument and just don't deal with each other again $500 is not alot money ta pay for pups. Rippem you would be better to try source a patterdale pup of lads on here there some decent on here with some decent stock that have kept it tight I'm sure someone might help ya out if they have one spare.

Fair play, don't embarrass yourself anymore on here, Lord knows I've been there and done that.

Rippem, I've been at this game for 33 years, I've had the pleasure of talking to and digging with most of the big names in the game. I couldn't in all honesty think of a single one of them that hasn't added a little bit of this or that to add the traits they were after. Some of the more modern breeders didn't have to because the work was already done for them.

I can give you pedigrees going back to Smithy and before him, every one true as they can be but Nuttall used Border and bull, Gould would use Middleton blood and bull, Smithy was half Lakey, you'll get the picture.

• Like 5

And to add to that list dilly dog, (although I may of mentioned this before) I am told by someone who dug with Middleton many moons ago that welsh terrier was added to his blood so that may of passed on to some of goulds stuff and the roundabout continues to spin. $500 dollars, what's that in pounds about £250? Not that much if you look at what's on preloved and other sites. If you want a pure buy a pure, but you won't get that with proper working terriers! Even many Russell's are just mongrelised dogs that happen to be white.

• Like 3