What Would You Do?

What would you do if you bred your 2 pats and out came a white pup? Do you think that's possible? Would you keep or breed those dogs again? And how do you feel if you got black and tan pups out of a pat litter? Just curious to see what others would do. I personally wouldn't keep it or do the breeding again. In fair there was jack or something else mixed in. And is black and tan a common color in pats? Haven't really seen it. Or is that considered a Lakeland? Curious to know what others think..thanks

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you thought the parents were good enough to breed from why would a colour bother you ? Half the reason terrier work has gone tits upwards is people breeding for colour or stamp, work is the reason

There's no such mythical animal as a "pure Patterdale " , they've got border, bull and Black and tan in the mix. They're a relatively new type, show me any pictures of a family of "pure Patterdale "

Rippem the reason we all say it's a throw back is because we all know there's no such thing as a pure Patterdale. You're getting obsessed with a piece of paper and a colour. The line of terriers I ke

Posted Images

i know if i bred my patts which ive line bred for 20 years now there would be no whites and no tans,if you bred a white and a tan you would question the stock of the dogs as you breed patts you get patts, if you get whites and tan you dont have pure patts

• Like 2

My dogs are mostly black , an odd chocolate or black an tan has cropped up over the years they worked the same as the rest so why should colour matter?, black, chocolate, white dogs have all had other colours in there mix at some stage and what goes it may come out when you least expect, going by a post above I may not have pure pats but for sure I have pure workers and that will do me atb

• Like 6

Colour shouldn't matter imo-but I would want some answers from who ever the stock came from.atb with them dc

I've bred these dogs for years an still the odd black an tan or chocolate has cropped up. As long as there working I don't care, atb craic
  • Like 1

Colour shouldn't matter imo-but I would want some answers from who ever the stock came from.atb with them dc

I've bred these dogs for years an still the odd black an tan or chocolate has cropped up. As long as there working I don't care, atb craic
I've had my black dogs for over 20 yrs-had blacks,chocolate, bronze,brindle, fawn colour pups but never b&t.I've a pup here now who's dam is brindle and sire is chocolate dog 1/4 bull 3/4 patt.get the odd pup with white star on chest but never ever white feet.makes no odds to me personally what colour they are -but if I had white pups then I'd be pissed off and wanting to know why they lying about the breeding.they must have Russell in them imo.atb dc