What Would You Do?

What would you do if you bred your 2 pats and out came a white pup? Do you think that's possible? Would you keep or breed those dogs again? And how do you feel if you got black and tan pups out of a pat litter? Just curious to see what others would do. I personally wouldn't keep it or do the breeding again. In fair there was jack or something else mixed in. And is black and tan a common color in pats? Haven't really seen it. Or is that considered a Lakeland? Curious to know what others think..thanks

they come out the ground brown mud colour with a splash or red that's what matters

• Like 2

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you thought the parents were good enough to breed from why would a colour bother you ? Half the reason terrier work has gone tits upwards is people breeding for colour or stamp, work is the reason

There's no such mythical animal as a "pure Patterdale " , they've got border, bull and Black and tan in the mix. They're a relatively new type, show me any pictures of a family of "pure Patterdale "

Rippem the reason we all say it's a throw back is because we all know there's no such thing as a pure Patterdale. You're getting obsessed with a piece of paper and a colour. The line of terriers I ke

Posted Images

There's no such mythical animal as a "pure Patterdale " , they've got border, bull and Black and tan in the mix. They're a relatively new type, show me any pictures of a family of "pure Patterdale " before Cryil Breay, Nuttall or Buck.

Nuttall still gets white pups in the odd litter, Steven blood gets black and tan or chocolate and tan, much like a chocolate doberman colouration.

• Like 18

There's no such mythical animal as a "pure Patterdale " , they've got border, bull and Black and tan in the mix. They're a relatively new type, show me any pictures of a family of "pure Patterdale " before Cryil Breay, Nuttall or Buck.

Nuttall still gets white pups in the odd litter, Steven blood gets black and tan or chocolate and tan, much like a chocolate doberman colouration.

I had a black an tan in a litter just looked like a strong Lakeland when grown obviously that came from dogs in the mix a very long time ago, atb

Just had this conversation at the weekend at a show two of my mates up here have been digging partners for years breeding there own stuff all the time an this summer a white one has popped out for the first time they are both baffled, of course one of them has kept it to see how it turns out, the pup doesn't no what colour it is does it, probs turn out a cracker an tbh I hope it does.

• Like 1
So if two black fell/ Lakeland's had white pups would that make them Russell's, just asking ?[/quote-anything white bodied is a Russell TYPE imo-regardless of the colour of sire/dam.bought a bitch years ago off one of the names - bronze colour bitch-sold to me as pat x russell-bumped into the bloke probably 12 yrs or more later and he had the cheek to stand there and lie about what was in his dogs lol-tried telling me someone else had sold me the dog-he got himself and a few of his mates in a book so had to keep up the pretenses lol-thought about putting the man's number and address up on here that's written on the receipt his wife wrote for me-lots on here will know him.but thinking about it there's no need as he is only lying to "HIS SELF" and I'm not that bitter lol.I guess most just say what they think you want to hear ;)telling porkies will only get you caught out in the longrun imo.the bitch by the way was one of the best I've had/seen and served me well for many a season.atb dc
  • Like 5

I had a Lakeland bitch that was Middleton bred, she wasn't directly off him but she was his blood, I used a well known black terrier from the Midlands on her and got four black and white, one black and tan and a black bitch !

Everyone a show stopper, some decent workers in the mix but what label would you put on them ?

Edited by dillydog

I had a Lakeland bitch that was Middleton bred, she wasn't directly off him but she was his blood, I used a well known by black terrier from the Midlands on her and got four black and white, one black and tan and a black bitch !

Everyone a show stopper, some decent workers in the mix but what label would you put on them ?

, working terriers
  • Like 2