Handling Eu Polecats

Hi guy's I've got 2 eu polecat kits a Jill and hob they both have 2 different personalitys the hob chilled out and very clever the jill nippy and hard headed e.g she will try an pull a rabbit through the smallest of gaps the hob however will try and shuffle it through and use as little effort as possible.

So what's your thaught and experiences with eu's do you see much difference with Jill's and hob's

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye, and put up a map of where they were caught from the wild. Otherwise what you have is dark ferrets.   They are ferrets mate, they all have different traits and personalities.   If it was an ac

This lad is full EU, father is from Hungarian lines and mother is from the Rif mountains in Morocco...  

Top man in Scotland for EUs , micros , angoras surprised hes no been on busy at shows i suppose

Posted Images

All animals are unique individuals, with varied temperaments. I've noticed in our mainly EU Polecat ferrets: even when if you breed from a very chilled-out and laid-back hob, he may well produce offspring that are more on the wild side, though, in the main, I've found the hobs to be a lot easier to handle than the jills. Most of the jills are very fast indeed, and can be quite reactive when being handled, whereas the hobs plod along steadily with no dramatic reaction. Is it just a male versus female thing? I'm not sure, not having studied wild polecats, but when you look at domestic dogs, females are often that bit sharper, not necessarily making them better workers as such, but their mindsets are slightly different. I wonder if that could translate across the board in relation to all predators?

• Like 1

Aye, and put up a map of where they were caught from the wild. Otherwise what you have is dark ferrets.

They are ferrets mate, they all have different traits and personalities.

If it was an actual wild polecat you had you would know all about personality disorders. Murderous little b*****ds.

• Like 2