Great Britain And The 80S

I remember me and my mates making a big thing of buying our first legal pint, on our 18th birthdays......even though the landlord had been serving us for 18 months !!

The landlord and the police didn't care as long as you caused no bother.....any trouble got sorted out, one on one, in the car park.

The decline of the straightener in the car park is a real shame, these days if there's a disagreement on a Saturday night it turns into a mini riot FFS!

• Like 3

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good times as a young kid I reckon makin dens playin out were ya want Bike rides then crossers n trail bikes on places that have now been built on, makin tarzis "rope swings" gettin into all sorts of

I good days and memories for me, 1958, out with the mates, a right rum lot, lurchers and terriers, we took everything up on them moors, had good hidings off gamekeepers, Anderson shelter in my back ya

Do kids still wear hand-me-downs? Swear every item of clothing I had as a kid had been worn by at least two cousins and one of my brothers before I got it!   We really were dirt fecking poor but wh

Posted Images

Ah the electric meter ,I remember our first house having that, back when a pound was a paper note and yes 1/2 pence coins,that you found everywhere ,when people had been pissed, also goldfish at fairs with the little glass bowls.

I won a goldfish in a little plastic bag at Goose Fair when I was 6 or 7 - it lived happily on my grandads kitchen until I was 15 or so.......

• Like 1

Ah the electric meter ,I remember our first house having that, back when a pound was a paper note and yes 1/2 pence coins,that you found everywhere ,when people had been pissed, also goldfish at fairs with the little glass bowls.

I won a goldfish in a little plastic bag at Goose Fair when I was 6 or 7 - it lived happily on my grandads kitchen until I was 15 or so.......

myself and my two brothers won goldfish at a fair around 88- my brothers never lasted a 12 month mine I put in my nanna s pond-it was still there around 15 yrs later when I was asked to fill it in and slab over it .:).atb dc

Oh yes buying in 1/4 bags. And Mars Bars were massive !!!

cardboard with your bounty-the taste of paradise lol-splash on the old man's brut for some finger blasting at the disco-all the girls had proper hairy beavers-sniff your fingers in the morning lol.atb dc
  • Like 5

My mates family were proper poor (even poorer than us !) - they had a telly with a little coin meter on the back that they had to keep shoving two bob coins into !

how tvs have changed. i remember i use to be the remote control for my dad when i was young all i got was turn the t.v over boy lol. somtimes i would turn it over and it would need re adjusting on the tuning panel.

• Like 1

When I was little my dads parents had b/w portable in kitchen and a old valve set in front room,turn it on at Christmas get the sound but wait 5 minutes for the picture to appear lol

I was the remote for tv at home, when dad said time for bed I used to race over to turn it off,one night he thought it would be amusing to grab hold my dungaree straps first so when I was straining like a bull x on a lead,he let go, I damn near put my head through the tv,one of those wooden cabinet ones, mum went mental at him.

• Like 3

Top deck cans of pop lemonade and lager or lime and lager I used to pinch 2 cans every night when I collected my papers for my round,I used tell my self it would be rude not to and if he complained about some ones paper not being delivered I would nick handfull of marathons and sell them at school.

• Like 1

Do kids still wear hand-me-downs? Swear every item of clothing I had as a kid had been worn by at least two cousins and one of my brothers before I got it! :laugh:

We really were dirt fecking poor but when I look back at my childhood it sure was happy, credit to my parents they made do with what we had :yes:

• Like 9

My mates family were proper poor (even poorer than us !) - they had a telly with a little coin meter on the back that they had to keep shoving two bob coins into !

how tvs have changed. i remember i use to be the remote control for my dad when i was young all i got was turn the t.v over boy lol. somtimes i would turn it over and it would need re adjusting on the tuning panel.

We rented one from radio rentals lol remote was channel up or down and volume on or off.

It used to cycle through the stations when the washer was on spin lol

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Top deck cans of pop lemonade and lager or lime and lager I used to pinch 2 cans every night when I collected my papers for my round,I used tell my self it would be rude not to and if he complained about some ones paper not being delivered I would nick handfull of marathons and sell them at school.

god I'd forgotten about top deck felt so grown up drinking it lol