Rock Piles

Fair dues to Topper, says something when he's the only one out there producing the goods. Too many people want to produce "pure' and "KC" and are unconcerned about the working bit.

Lots of the comments about his dogs are loaded with X's,crosses,hybrids etc. etc.

Topper seems more concerned about producing workers, I doubt that Dobson worried about fell or lakie blood in his workers?

• Like 4

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pic of sons dog last week at show 8 years old that was his first show looks like Mick dog smooth coated very steady in his work but gets the job done

Here is pic of Kirstysdads old dog..   Dog was a real Legend and worked up to a ripe old age, I was lucky enough to get a lining of this dog    

Great post.... Black and Tan the Father to Kirstysdads dog and the red terrier is his brother. Both doing the job  

Posted Images

What about Cowan and Tyson blood?

Now that really is 'THE' question Bryan, the one i was hoping we'd get to...

I have no idea but i'd love to find out..

;)

I haven't heard of any cowan blood around for years, my old man really rated them as hard dogs and some of his best dogs came straight out of cowans yard, only problem was they would kill anything that moved

• Like 2

Looks a nice athletic dog. But like you said he's not your typical looking stud dog. Is the Mick you mentioned the one JP had mid 80s?

Yes RH, the red dog, the one that left him and he tried very hard to get back. My friend bought him in good faith from 'someone' and when he found out went to see JP, who let him keep the dog. ;)

thought ide share a pic i have of mick

• Like 7

Saw mick work several times, he was a very steady thoughtful dog. He was a habitual masterbaiter tugging himself relentlessly on the front seat of JP's very new 110. Never seen a dog do it since or before. JP could communicate to this dog whilst digging urging him on calming him down as he felt necessary. Truelly amazing!! They were an item, no others sat in the front in my time. Happy days.

• Like 4

I have no idea but i'd love to find out..

;)

I haven't heard of any cowan blood around for years, my old man really rated them as hard dogs and some of his best dogs came straight out of cowans yard, only problem was they would kill anything that moved

I know AG brought some good Cowan blood with him when he came to hunt the Waterford foxhounds in the late 80's and MF carried on with that blood, but it's well diluted by now.

I have no idea but i'd love to find out.. ;)

I know AG brought some good Cowan blood with him when he came to hunt the Waterford foxhounds in the late 80's and MF carried on with that blood, but it's well diluted by now.

Bryan, i've just been googling John Cowan and a couple of old archived THL threds exist. John only died in 2013 and kept terriers right up to his death. So there must be stuff still about.

Though, from what i read, he had very few terriers in his latter years but knew where his stuff was..

Sadly, he suffered at the hands of the scum that are dog thieves a few times and did loose some good animals.

Looks a nice athletic dog. But like you said he's not your typical looking stud dog. Is the Mick you mentioned the one JP had mid 80s?

Yes RH, the red dog, the one that left him and he tried very hard to get back. My friend bought him in good faith from 'someone' and when he found out went to see JP, who let him keep the dog. ;)

thought ide share a pic i have of mick
Great pic thanks for sharing very intetested in the Mick/Monty side of JPs stuff, my type of terrier. Well impressed with that dog out of Mick that worked to a high std. over here in the 90s. In the finish of it he was well tested & came up trumps. Thats why I was interested in KDs dog to see if there was much of this stuff in him as he has the look. I thought Mick was on the front cover of the fell terrier book. He seemed more broken coated (very similar to the dog in the 90s) than in your pic..

Saw mick work several times, he was a very steady thoughtful dog. He was a habitual masterbaiter tugging himself relentlessly on the front seat of JP's very new 110. Never seen a dog do it since or before. JP could communicate to this dog whilst digging urging him on calming him down as he felt necessary. Truelly amazing!! They were an item, no others sat in the front in my time. Happy days.

Ever heard of 2 JP dogs wally and wasp?