Had a lurcher bitch that took one thinking it was a squatter in her younger days ,

and once a dog switches on to them it's almost impossible to break.

Whenever I come across one local I take home to put in the veg patch and

introduce any young dogs to another NO species.

The fleas are a nightmare.

i think they are a different breed of flea that only live on hedgehogs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my terriers caught one in the garden a few year ago, sadly the patterdale tore chunks out of it, but I took it in and put honey on the wounds as they are a bit prickly to treat, ended up living in my

Out with the terrier last night and we came across this little bugger. You can see the terrier looking to me for guidance but you can see the evil in the hedgehogs eyes, so I slipped the lead on the d

Posted Images

I don't like them.. had them in the long nets more than once and there a right pain to get out

Also gripped one to chin it in the long net while killing the net off. I had mistaken it for a rabbit.. not something I want to do again

• Like 1

I get them in the traps regularly.

I had a fox trap set a few years back close to a couple of larsens so I put canned dog food in the fox trap too for handiness sake. I caught nothing but Hedgehogs which was a nuisance as they were springing the trap.

I marked one hedgehog with a bit of lime one day and released him. It was the same Hedgehog I'd been catching all along. I ended up bringing him a couple of mile away and releasing him.

There used to be an old country myth here in Ireland that the Fox killed a Hedgehog by pissing on him. When he opened up the Fox delivered the fatal bite.

But IMO the Fox could kill one easily as a terrier seems to have no problem.

Have to admit, I like them.

• Like 1

Never thought a terrier would be able to kill hedgehog when they instantly curl into ball any sign of danger mine never have anyway just stay there baying

That's cos you ain't breeding from tested stock mate ,never had a terrier that hasn't wanted to kill them to the point of being a bloody mess .

• Like 1

Never thought a terrier would be able to kill hedgehog when they instantly curl into ball any sign of danger mine never have anyway just stay there baying

That's cos you ain't breeding from tested stock mate ,never had a terrier that hasn't wanted to kill them to the point of being a bloody mess .
i would prefer to dig a dog to test him rather than his ability to open a hedgehog ive had plenty that would and do fcuk all after.
  • Like 1

Must be the case foxdropper your dog's must be bred right because they kill hedgehogs. listen if you can't take it don't give it. Remember the other day it's my ball and I'm going home you muppit lol. Then you were sending me messages trying to frighten me off I think you was crying run on now you idiot

Its a joke you fecking inbred .I can take any amount of criticism.It wasn't the personal attack that concerned me just peoples arrogant self destruct on here that pissed me off ,you being one of them .Real life is a world away from here but why broadcast your mindset to the world to boost your inflated ego .Your just pissy because I know who you are ,how you work your dogs lol,your standards lol and what hunts find you a joke .I sent you a pm ,not to threaten but let you know its fact not fiction .

i would prefer to dig a dog to test him rather than his ability to open a hedgehog ive had plenty that would and do fcuk all after.
Was a joke mate ,maybe a bit over your head but still a joke .

So would I mate but says something when a dog wants to bay at a hedgehog ,scared rather than get a mouthful .We don't need to put everything on the net to show how big our balls are so let's leave it at that shall we .