Bullfighting

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But that isn't what they do. Bull comes in untouched and meets a man who only has a cape. Nothing else. He turns it a few times. Then the Picador comes in on a protected horse. The bull is brought

They've made big changes with the horses, with the padding now used and kelvar I've never seen a horse injured. Picadors work with the same few horses throughout the season. If a horse was stressed it

if people want to brand them like hero's that's up to them......i can't see anything manly about sticking half a dozen spears into an animal and letting it suffer until it can't move any more... i do

Posted Images

Thanks for explaining mate really interesting......sorry one last question.....would a breeder also raise and " train " a bull.... if thats the right word.....and if so what go,s into training a bull and how much of it is instinct ?.......they look awesome animals im probably more interested in the bulls than the matador i always root for the baddies in films :D

Bloodline wise i presume like dogs a breeder would stay within his own strain and outcross when necessary same as dogs i suppose.....what are the physical qualities they look for beyond power and aggression do certain bulls have certain styles and characteristics they pass on ?......ive just been trying to suss bits and pieces on Google but most is in Spanish.

Most bulls are put out to wilderness then rounded up for fights ;)

sorry ,what is the significance/ritual behind sticking the fancy cocktail sticks into the bulls shoulders? think it makes it looks quite pathetic standing there ,like a great big bovine strawberry daiquiri ! Cant Rudolf Nureyev just frustrate the fukc out of it then just do the sword bit ? and where does the kids Disney club hat come from ,is it only worn by matadors?

Bryan , what happens to the Bulls after the Pamplona run ? ...

The bull runs originated as a way to get the bulls from out of town into the bull ring before they had trucks.

The bulls are fought in the plaza that night

• Like 1

Bryan , what happens to the Bulls after the Pamplona run ? ...

The bull runs originated as a way to get the bulls from out of town into the bull ring before they had trucks.

The bulls are fought in the plaza that night

cheers ..

if people want to brand them like hero's that's up to them......i can't see anything manly about sticking half a dozen spears into an animal and letting it suffer until it can't move any more...

i don't see the point of it, if your going to kill something......do it quick and humanly,

But that isn't what they do.

Bull comes in untouched and meets a man who only has a cape. Nothing else.

He turns it a few times.

Then the Picador comes in on a protected horse. The bull is brought before the horse. If it doesn't charge the horse, doesn't keep it's charge going while it's hit into the hump of it's neck with a pick .

Then it's taken out and it's all over.

If the bull doesn't want to attack at this stage it's out, done, over , finito.

That happened with 3 bulls in a row in Madrid a few weeks ago.

If the bull goes lame, it's out, done finished.

Then there's 3 bandeleros, they run to the bull with no protection and drop in a pair each.

Again If the bull doesn't want to attack at this stage it's out, done, over , finito.

Now the last bit, one man with a cape, he's meant to show all the strengths of the bull keeping it as close as possible, if a bull is faultless then it goes free form the areana, (there's maybe a dozen a year or so)

If not then the end comes, bullfighter has only a sword, he must go in over the horns and let them pass under his body as he kills, he must allow himself to be killed as he kills.

The largest artery and veins, Aorta and Vena cava are cuts and the bull dies. A bit like Halal in the UK or Ireland I guess?

I went once years ago to watch the big star of the time, the Spanish called him the fifth Beatle El Cordobes the man in the horse appeared to me to be staying into the front leg muscles which is bound to slow it down, the horse is padded, but one bull managed to gore one of the horses in the stomach I heard they use old horses. As you can read, I was not impressed what ever way you think for the bull it's torture and the horses don't like it neither I didn't see the first sword killing it goes in at the neck with only the handle showing, it stopped the bull's I saw dead, they then just stood there tongue hanging at the side, the matador then has another sword like a spike at the end anhits the bull in the brain and it instantly drops.

• Like 2

I've also never seen a bullfight so, I won't judge. I do agree with cultures keeping their traditions. It would make one hell of a barbecue afterwards :thumbs:

But, those yank rodeo boys have got some serious bollocks to sit on one while the gate opens :o:yes:

post-102688-0-73959600-1467386454_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jonjon79

Iv not really had time to comment. Bryan is doing a half decent job of answering your questions.

The bulls are nothing like hunting. The anti hunting argument is quite similar to the anti bullfighting argument argument though.

Iv run bulls in spain. Iv been in the ring and trained with young fighting cows out on the ranches. If anyone has genuine questions I'll answer when I have time and if I can. I have no interest in discussing the rights and wrongs.

There is alot more to bullfighting than 'stabbing a bull to death for entertainment '. It would be good if we could at least recognise that and have a chance to answer questions from people who have an interest in something that might be new to them.

I hope to plan a trip to Spain next year, maybe including pamplona. I'll give some more details when iv given it more thought but if anyone had a genuine interest then they would be more than welcome to come. who knows we may even get you in the ring with some young animals.

Can anyone arrange to go out to certain ranches or did you need a contact?

Is there any modern reading on the subject that you'd recommend?

I went with people who had contacts but im sure some ranches do tours.