• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been working my bitch for a good few years now, and in all honesty, the only time i see her shiver is in anticipation of getting out there in the field, ive had some fantastic times with her, and stil

No biters just facts , good and bad in everything , I've kept what people called ' great lines of collie lurchers' and they weren't so great at all , same as whippets , as I said good and bad in every

Posted Images

Clearly there can be only one reason why any sensible person would have a rabbiting dog which had no percentage of whippet in it.
It is obvious isn't it? Too slow it down so they have an actual chance of taking an action photo of it.
These sheep dogs are so slow, you get half an hour to compose the shot, the rabbit is half dead through exhaustion and you get really good posing shots to post on here. :tongue2:

• Like 2

Been working my bitch for a good few years now, and in all honesty, the only time i see her shiver is in anticipation of getting out there in the field, ive had some fantastic times with her, and still do,im not doing much with her at the moment, to many young about, and to overgrown, but shes missing her outings, so i make for the golf course which is surrounded with wooodlands, 1 day last week i took her there, she flushed a decent sized bunny out into the open, bang she had it. working dogs and hunting as been in my blood since i was a lad, do you think for 1 minute i would entertain a reared on a shivering tit useles dog of any breed. roll on winter out with ferrets and dog, im 72 now fit as feck and i put that partially down to my best mate NELL :victory:

• Like 12

Why are all you whippet owners on here at 9pm ... You should be away starting to wrap your dogs up ready for the cold night ... They reckon it may be as low as 13 degrees tonight ... That will kill most whippets .......

• Like 4

folk who work a decent whippet never compare them to lurchers as most have owned /worked both , they accept they got a handy little animal,, folk who make sweeping statements on the feet coat lack of stamina hitting trees or suchlike just havnt seen a decent whippet , folk who generalise often have little knowledge and do just that generalise

Lol .... Shivery weak footed windy useless fukcing things ......

I thought your pups looked ok from the pictures

Them pups are hardier than a fully grown whippet .......

do they carry the tree stump gene ?

• Like 1

folk who work a decent whippet never compare them to lurchers as most have owned /worked both , they accept they got a handy little animal,, folk who make sweeping statements on the feet coat lack of stamina hitting trees or suchlike just havnt seen a decent whippet , folk who generalise often have little knowledge and do just that generalise

That's a different dog keep up for Fukcs sake .......

That's a different dog keep up for Fukcs sake .......

sorry its when you said there" hardier than a whippet" I just assumed they carried the stump gene lol

Some folk prefer whippet over a lurcher and vise versa or both...get over it man

Both for most whippet owners :thumbs:last%20day%20of%20the%20ferreting%20seas

Well you've got to have a decent dog to back up the shivery whippet .......

• Like 2

Some folk prefer whippet over a lurcher and vise versa or both...get over it man

Is that another sales pitch to get rid of them pups

• Like 2

Is that another sales pitch to get rid of them pups

Lol all pups long gone .......