Best Estate Cars Out There

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

loads of room

The Skoda Octavia is the same engine and running gear as the Golf / Audi A3 / Seat Leon. The body of the Octavia though is more like the size of the Passat. The boot on the Octavia is huge and the car

dopey gas guzzling tax magnet of a yoke for blokes who want to be farmers or hunt servants

Posted Images

Vectra estate ive been useing the past 6 years want a new car but finding it hard to part with it great runner 45 mpg and loads of roo.

I'm in the same boat.

I like the octavia estate, would have the VRS myself. Also looked at the Audi A4 2.0 TDI 170. But they don't come cheap.

I've always liked vauxhalls and maybe been lucky but never had much trouble with them so may look at the insignia estate.

my nephew had an Audi A4 tdi and it started to play up...he was told it was either the ecu or cdi.....one of them, which ever one it was.....it was mounted inside the gear box, it cost loads to put right,

• Like 1

Saw one of these yesterday and kicked myself again for not buying one last year when I changed my motor.

Looked at these myself. Very nice motors, pretty quick too if that's your thing. I personally can't be doing with a sluggish motors.

• Like 1

Vectra estate ive been useing the past 6 years want a new car but finding it hard to part with it great runner 45 mpg and loads of roo.

I'm in the same boat.

I like the octavia estate, would have the VRS myself. Also looked at the Audi A4 2.0 TDI 170. But they don't come cheap.

I've always liked vauxhalls and maybe been lucky but never had much trouble with them so may look at the insignia estate.

my nephew had an Audi A4 tdi and it started to play up...he was told it was either the ecu or cdi.....one of them, which ever one it was.....it was mounted inside the gear box, it cost loads to put right,

Think that's the problem with the audis and BMWs. Great until they go wrong. Then it's big money.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat.

See I've never really liked vauxhalls but other week seen a 05 Astra coupe black 1.8 petrol it had exterior pack ,but only had 2 weeks mot ,so didn't bother straight away .called in dealers couple days later they had sold it for a grand to a guy from Bristol ,turned out it had lots of service history an 4 newish tyres,might get one somewhen as really liked look of it.

ive been driving the ford focus estates tdci for the last 3 years great cars reliability wise cheap parts aswell compared to the peugoet hdi's i use to drive they were great cars when going well but i had no end of problems with electrics on them. on the plus side they had loads of boot space and great ground clearence. i thought the parts were expensive aswell.

ive looked at the octavia estates they hold there money well so i couldnt really afford what i wanted. my mechanic told me to go for a ford estate or the skoda and always edged towards the skoda. so my betting is skoda would be the best way forward they are nice enough looking cars aswell.

• Like 1

ive been driving the ford focus estates tdci for the last 3 years great cars reliability wise cheap parts great on diesel aswell compared to the peugoet hdi's i use to drive. they were great cars when going well but i had no end of problems with electrics on them. on the plus side they had loads of boot space and great ground clearence. i thought the parts were expensive aswell.

ive looked at the octavia estates they hold there money well so i couldnt really afford what i wanted. my mechanic told me to go for a ford estate or the skoda and always edged towards the skoda. so my betting is skoda would be the best way forward they are nice enough looking cars aswell.

I think its the Avensis 2.2 that has a chain cam belt, always a plus.

Passat's, A4's are great but pricey.

Octavia's like Avensis's are coveted by cab drives and it makes em hard to get decent ones and drives the price up.

Mondeo's have really improved, especially the buisness class and are worth a look.

Me, i'm in the market for the same now and i'm gonna go for the Masda 6, you get a lot of car for your dollar with these... ;)

I think its the Avensis 2.2 that has a chain cam belt, always a plus.

Passat's, A4's are great but pricey.

Octavia's like Avensis's are coveted by cab drives and it makes em hard to get decent ones and drives the price up.

Mondeo's have really improved, especially the buisness class and are worth a look.

Me, i'm in the market for the same now and i'm gonna go for the Masda 6, you get a lot of car for your dollar with these... ;)

Mazda 6 - basically the same engines / chassis etc as a Ford

• Like 1

I have a 2 ltr diesel estate pal and it's the bees knees . I drove from waterford to Tralee and

Back on 30 euro . Big boot and plenty of power behind it . I towed my caravan Saturday with it and I may not of had anything on it

itd be nice to know which type brian lol..a 2ltr diesel estate WHAT ??????????? :D