i just read about a 4 year old kid who got into the gorilla enclosure resulting in him falling in the water then being lifted out by a 400 lb sliverback who then looks like hes protecting him but is then shot dead the zoo says it might of angered the gorilla to try a drug him theres a online petition to get the parents charged with neglect and some anti bridage calling for zoos to close dont how to get a link up

Edited by blackmaggie

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going to try to clear up a few things that have been weighing on me about Harambe and the Cinci Zoo since I read the news this afternoon. I have worked with Gorillas as a zookeeper while in my

That gorilla could have popped the child's head off like a champagne cork at any second, shooting it was the only option. Shame that such a magnificent animal had to die.., but rather a monkey than a

Amazing THL so it is. I'd quite understand the debate on some lunatic vegan page but I do struggle to get my head around the debate on here. Most of us have no problem pulling the trigger whether it b

Posted Images

its a shame they had to shoot it and the childs parents should have kept a better eye on the little one but kids are kids and shit happens and if it was my kid in there I,d want it shot very sad though

• Like 3

That gorilla could have popped the child's head off like a champagne cork at any second, shooting it was the only option. Shame that such a magnificent animal had to die.., but rather a monkey than a child for me. And as for responsibilty.., it's the zoo 100%

• Like 8

Irresponsible parents or not it shouldnt be possible for a kid to fall in any child will disappear if you turn your back for 2 seconds the zoo is at fault most zoos have high glass walls around enclosures that cant be climbed over. The gorilla is better of dead anyway than living out his life in an enclosure.

• Like 3

The zoo is at fault because the parents can't look after their child? Why is it always someone else's fault?

Perhaps we should replace grass everywhere with sponge mattresses in case the kid climbs a tree and falls out? Or build 10ft walls along every road in case it runs out on the road.

Or...just a thought here...look after your kids like parents are supposed to do.

What if a 400lb gorilla was driving a truck? :hmm:

Danger is danger. Both can kill. I can't see why one would need more protection than the other. Parents can't just wash their hands of responsibility and rely on everyone else to look after their children.

If you watch the vid its protecting the child and at one point it picks the child up out of the water and even puts his cloths right .

If it was going to harm the child it would of done it strait away

and at one point it was even standing in front of the child protecting him

its a shame it had to die

but put in the same situation with a high powered rifle what would you do

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

If you watch the vid its protecting the child and at one point it picks the child up out of the water and even puts his cloths right .

I think it was the right thing to do. The animal should never have been put in that situation though.

I think it was the right thing to do. The animal should never have been put in that situation though.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

totally agree walshie

What if a 400lb gorilla was driving a truck? :hmm:

Danger is danger. Both can kill. I can't see why one would need more protection than the other. Parents can't just wash their hands of responsibility and rely on everyone else to look after their children.

im not saying the parents arent wrong they are but if you go to a place designed for a childrens day out you would expect it to be reasonably safe that your child cant just jump in with wild animals when parents are in a zoo an adventure center or play park kids get a bit more freedom than if you were walking down a busy motorway where you would hold their hand. Its not that difficult to fence out a four year old from a small area.

The zoo is at fault because the parents can't look after their child? Why is it always someone else's fault?

Perhaps we should replace grass everywhere with sponge mattresses in case the kid climbs a tree and falls out? Or build 10ft walls along every road in case it runs out on the road.

Or...just a thought here...look after your kids like parents are supposed to do.

If you're going to make a business out of displaying dangerous, or potentially dangerous animals to Joe public then you have to take responsibility for the public's protection. That means you have to legislate for the most brainless fcuktard parents that are out there (and there are plenty) or else vet your visitors. You can't just point to the signs and say 'well it's not our fault, we told you he was dangerous'.

If it was me I'd like to think I'd have had a better eye on my kids, but accidents do happen.

• Like 3