I dont think body type has anything to do with it these lads are all highly tuned athletes these days performing at very low bodyweight as they are surrounded by dieticians sports scientists etc......players like Bale/Ronaldo yes are tremendous natural athletes but thats just a speed/acceleration thing for the most part players are physically quite similar its quite obvious to me these England players suffer some kind of mental block when they pull an England shirt on.......why that is we can guess at all day long but i dont think theres any doubt that players like Ali/Kane who performed fantastically all year for their club for some reason froze and didnt perform for England and its been that way for a while now.

They play fantastically well for their clubs week in and week out. But when they play for England they aren't playing with the same team mates, not following the same tactics and sometimes not even in their favoured positions. Kane is fantastic at holding the ball up, yet Roy played him in a way that he had to go looking for the ball. He is good in the air, yet ended up taking corners and free kicks. Vardy thrives on through balls as a result of a counter attack. But England try to play the ball out slowly and carefully. If they are going to play like ManU why pick players from Tottenham and Leicester?

• Like 1

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats the best game ive seen all tournament Wales are doing a Leicester here.....not the greatest team in the world but just want it more and are out hustling more talented opposition its amazing what

Oi oi oi mun, what's all this "we" and "you" I'm part of the "we" gang butty, I'm as Welsh as they come, Had laver bread for breakfast a Welsh cake and cuppa for lunch and just had a big bowl of Caw

Haha I'm only messing.   It's just been one of them fairy tale type story's for us and with it being the year of the underdog with Leicester so to speak we've kind of captured people's hearts. It's n

Posted Images

Sorry Gnasher I don,t agree, good sportsmen, top sportsmen in within whatever their field of sport is simply don't choke.

The answer is the England team is,nt as good as they or the majority of England thought they were, every major tournament they get found out, generation after generation can't all be bottlers IMO they just are,nt good enough.

You don't need too be big or strong to play football just need a bit of heart and desire and don't be affraid too get hurt you watch all those other countries at the euros they run thereselfs into the ground for each other.

HARD WORK BEATS TALENT

WHEN TALENT REFUSES TOO WORK HARD

• Like 4

Sorry Gnasher I don,t agree, good sportsmen, top sportsmen in within whatever their field of sport is simply don't choke.

The answer is the England team is,nt as good as they or the majority of England thought they were, every major tournament they get found out, generation after generation can't all be bottlers IMO they just are,nt good enough.

So you feel the likes of Rooney/Ali/Vardy etc etc are simply not very good footballers....is that what your saying ?........you think as individual players the Iceland lads are better than the English ?......if thats the case why do you think it is that the top clubs in English/Spanish/Italian football havent snapped these Icelandic guys up ?

Do you think managers like Mourinho/Ferguson/Wenger just dont really know what they are doing by picking English players instead of Icelandic players to play in their teams ?

There was once a time when no matter what sport you played.

Wearing your country's jersey was the highlight of your sporting life.

And people had massive pride.

Now there's so much money these lads are getting payed it doesent come down to any of the above.

All multi millionaires.

But still can't beat iceland.

Now there's so much money these lads are getting payed it doesent come down to any of the above.

All multi millionaires.

Players are not paid for playing for their country but i get your drift........tell me.... if someone came into your factory and told you they was going to give you 50k per week for driving a forklift truck would you say " no sorry im not worth that much i,ll stay on 400 pound per week thanks " ?.......again i get what your saying i just think its such a convenient finger to point we know they are overpaid but thats not the reason they play well for their clubs and not their country.

All multi millionaires.

Players are not paid for playing for their country but i get your drift........tell me.... if someone came into your factory and told you they was going to give you 50k per week for driving a forklift truck would you say " no sorry im not worth that much i,ll stay on 400 pound per week thanks " ?.......again i get what your saying i just think its such a convenient finger to point we know they are overpaid but thats not the reason they play well for their clubs and not their country.
I don't work in a factory or drive a forklift.

But this is the thing gnasher.

Would I rush about in the forklift taking chances stacking pallets for 400 a week maybe.

Would I take the same risks for 50k a week.no chance I would be driving around that warehouse very steady and slow.

Because I would definately want to be in work next week and the weeks after picking up my fat cheque.

Them English lads who lost to Iceland.would never risk an injury for fear of losing there highly payed jobs playing for clubs.

There's no pride in it for them.its all ££££ signs in front of there eyes.

Why would they lose any money by getting injured they still get paid whether they play or not.......i say again,these lads do everything expected of them for their clubs......why cant they do it for their country......sorry i just cant see the connection with money they will be back playing well for their clubs in a few months nothing will change money wise.

They are very good....they prove that over the course of a season playing in the most competetive league in the world being chosen to play in teams by some of the best managers in the world..........if the countries most knowledgable football people cant work it out i dont suppose we will mate.

I know one thing if that f****n kraut Klinsman gets given the managers job thats it i,ll never go to another game in my life thats like asking your ex wife to show you how to make love to your new bird we,ve got to have some pride surely !!

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

I think its down to teamwork those lads wont play for each other there is no trust. Maybe the club mentality of us against them is carried on to the national team and they hate each other it seems to be a competition in itself to make the england squad. England players dont seem to want to die for each other on the field like other countries. Players like john terry banging team mates missus in the past doesnt help team moral or the media having public executions for having a bad game. Joe hart was singled out for blame why would he want to play for a country that ridicules him. Ireland had a player sent off against france and it was barely mentioned after the match they took there beating as a team and backed each other with pride no excuses. Its not ability they lack its passion.

• Like 2

They are very good....they prove that over the course of a season playing in the most competetive league in the world being chosen to play in teams by some of the best managers in the world..........if the countries most knowledgable football people cant work it out i dont suppose we will mate.

I know one thing if that f****n kraut Klinsman gets given the managers job thats it i,ll never go to another game in my life thats like asking your ex wife to show you how to make love to your new bird we,ve got to have some pride surely !!

Klinsman takes over & we start doing really well, but you'll show no interest? Too busy watching rugby? Haha....

So you feel the likes of Rooney/Ali/Vardy etc etc are simply not very good footballers....is that what your saying ?........you think as individual players the Iceland lads are better than the English ?......if thats the case why do you think it is that the top clubs in English/Spanish/Italian football havent snapped these Icelandic guys up ?

Do you think managers like Mourinho/Ferguson/Wenger just dont really know what they are doing by picking English players instead of Icelandic players to play in their teams ?

Individually Iceland may not be better players but on that night for 90 minutes they were the better team.....the result is there in black and white.

Teams win football games, individuals can make a spark that gets a team going for sure but it comes down to the team......especially in a sport where you play a series of games.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

Do you English lads still think that maybe the media still builds your hopes a little high at times? Maybe the pressure gets to the players a bit, I know they handle pressure for there clubs but that's club pride they're playing for not national pride. I'd imagine playing for your country brings a different kind of pressure and the media loves to build them up but they also like to knock them down. England have players that a lot of teams would love to have but they can't seem to click as a unit for some reason, whatever the reason it's got to be maddening for you lads to take.

I still think the nation and the media put too much pressure on the team and they struggle to deliver.

On the tv last night they had a 15 minute segment about England, even though they're out. Then they decided to talk about Wales who are in the Q/F, the media create this elitist attitude around England and maybe that filters down to the players. You only have to watch these Euro's to see the emphasis that they put on England.

You've a squad of great players just not a great team on the field.

• Like 1

Eye it's a team game and ours just don't out a shift in there was only Vardy and Rashford trying against Iceland.

Also stop this nonsense of getting paid for playing for your country

Travel and Accomodation should be organised and paid for but no retainers what so ever

It should be a privledge.

They get paid £1500 for a win for England so hardly a fortune, I dont think you can blame getting paid on bad performances imo.