Unbelievable!

Nipped out for the last hour with this Chinese wonder!

Off hand woodie on clover off hand at thirty yards.

SAM_1443_zpslwllrixg.jpg

The unbelievable thing was the rabbit shot next!

My little dog retrieved it! Yep, this little three year old dog had not seen a rabbit until last autumn, would not walk to heel, sit or stay and any hope of retrieving was a very distant dream but tonight she brought her first back to me :-).

Ended the day on a high note :-).

SAM_1442_zpsnm4a5g0r.jpg

U.

Edited by Underdog
  • Like 4

A friend of mine who writes for Airgun Shooter mag has two lurchers which are his best pals and takes them to retreive every time he is out. lovely dogs, really tempted to get one myself.

Phil

A friend of mine who writes for Airgun Shooter mag has two lurchers which are his best pals and takes them to retreive every time he is out. lovely dogs, really tempted to get one myself.

Phil

I have mixed feelings about using a lurcher as a retriever, not saying there is anything wrong with it, having worked lurchers for some years, I cant help feeling the dog should be catching the rabbit, rather than just fetching it, lamping with a good dog is one of the most exciting forms of rabbit hunting possible, nice beddy whippet by the way op.

Phil

I have mixed feelings about using a lurcher as a retriever, not saying there is anything wrong with it, having worked lurchers for some years, I cant help feeling the dog should be catching the rabbit, rather than just fetching it, lamping with a good dog is one of the most exciting forms of rabbit hunting possible, nice beddy whippet by the way op.
I understand that completely.

This little bitch has ended with a shooting man though and it is quite clear she is adapting to working with a gun!

Last night she went on point once waiting for me to shoot and on another occasion chose to stand and wait for the gun instead of chase!

Now on the way home in nearly dark she hunted a rabbit by her self. It was as though the gun was finished with now and I will have a go!

I am already looking forward to autum nights with a torch with her and a squatting rabbit;-)

Thanks all.

U.