Anybody Have Any Knowledge On Employment Law

how do you know there are plans to employ agency drivers? they cannot make you, or a position redundant, then employ someone else to do it for a period of time, i think 9 months. that will be why its this way instead of redundancies.

work out your redundo add a bit on and take it to go quietly and get a job elsewhere.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's not true, I run my own company, all my blokes are loyal, and they get just rewards for it, I lent one of them 5k to pay a debt off so he didn't get kicked out his home, -interest free, pay back

For the sake of £13 a month join the union, I am a rep for Unite, not only will you be represented at your place of work, you will receive a free telephone help line, free legal representation from nu

Right guys, time to stop the band wagon. Everyone is saying this company broke procedures or broke rules without knowing the companies procedures.   I think you will find, unfortunately, that there

Yes they can if they use an agency

That's the point

Writings on the wall mate it's a cost cutting exercisE

Get your ducks in a row and get as much out of it as you can

Record wrote everything go see a lawyer and summary looking for new work now

c**ts mate

Good luck

They told me at yesterdays meeting that they were going to get agency drivers, the company needs drivers....we go and collect donations from the public that are then sold on in the shop...no donations then there is nothing to sell and the money dries up...supposedly !!

They told me at yesterdays meeting that they were going to get agency drivers, the company needs drivers....we go and collect donations from the public that are then sold on in the shop...no donations then there is nothing to sell and the money dries up...supposedly !!

Did you get my last pm?

If this is a charity then you need to record everything because you can not only get a decent pay off (and some) for constructive/unfair dismissal. You will be able to put a complaint into the charities commission and also go public with how this witch CEO has treated her staff to protect her salary ;)

Doesn't matter if it's true it's how it will look :laugh:;)

• Like 2

The charity has 2 shops and four vans on the road, just off the top off my head since she started she has gone through 8 drivers, and a similar number of van assistants. What she's wanting in my opinion, is volunteers who they pay £7 a day !!! Yes you read it right, come in and volunteer, humping wardrobes and whatever else up 2 or 3 flights of stairs for 7 hours a day and at the end of the day they,ll hand you £7.

The charity has 2 shops and four vans on the road, just off the top off my head since she started she has gone through 8 drivers, and a similar number of van assistants. What she's wanting in my opinion, is volunteers who they pay £7 a day !!! Yes you read it right, come in and volunteer, humping wardrobes and whatever else up 2 or 3 flights of stairs for 7 hours a day and at the end of the day they,ll hand you £7.

She sounds a horrible bitch mate hope all goes well for you pal

• Like 1

Quick update on what happened today at our hearings, I got a written warning for standing around when furniture could have been moved around in the store ??? The other two drivers got nothing although one of their assistants was sacked for the same thing as myself, it also looks as if my van assistant might be gone as when the first guy got sacked he was assured that he was,nt the only one losing his job, how the f**k can someone get sacked for standing around when there is not a lot to do ???, personally I think this is just the start of it as they have dug out certain indivuals, I d like to say I,m happy with the outcome but I,m not....hate to see anybody losing there job, and they are two good young boys that have been sacked, OK they have a bit nonsense in their heads now and then but what youngsters don't ?

I,ve said to the fella that got sacked today that he must go to an employment lawyer as he surely has a massive case against the charity, no warnings etc and then a straight dismissal.

Can,t. Be right surely

They can sack you with no warnings off you haven't been employed for two years or it's a serious offence

Sounds like they need to make cuts and are coming up with excuses

Fight it all the way mate and make sure the others do

• Like 1