Collies And Curs.

Iv seen the odd collie x playing n stalk. But after quarry iv never seen it, but saw a whippet stalk on the lamp.

When you hear of all the picking runs and stalking stuff I often wonder is it just hearsay lol iv seen number of dogs get slipped on long distance hedge rabbit and the rabbit goes so dog stops n comes back, whether this is picking runs or what I don't know. Seen collie x, whippets, and bull xs do it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

got a pup coming out of this breeding pure collie x coursing stuff    

I'm assuming your dogs were bred out of "poor" quality stock then Ray as are many Collie x's & that's a fact,get the right collie & you won't get any of that malarkey you speak of i can assure

My dads dog,,, DON. 5/8 collie in the mix, and he's no thinker... In fact total opposite, he was a kamakazee type dog rabbiting etc, full on, no reverse. Took everything aswell, and done everything,

Posted Images

Iv seen the odd collie x playing n stalk. But after quarry iv never seen it, but saw a whippet stalk on the lamp.

When you hear of all the picking runs and stalking stuff I often wonder is it just hearsay lol iv seen number of dogs get slipped on long distance hedge rabbit and the rabbit goes so dog stops n comes back, whether this is picking runs or what I don't know. Seen collie x, whippets, and bull xs do it.

true collie Xs are not the only ones, ive seen dogs do it that have been heavily worked for alot of season but on a lot of different game pre ban start stalking rabbits. imo you have got a slightly higher chance of the collie X stalking from the off set.

• Like 1

My dads dog,,, DON.

5/8 collie in the mix, and he's no thinker... In fact total opposite, he was a kamakazee type dog rabbiting etc, full on, no reverse. Took everything aswell, and done everything, from ratting, ferreting, lamping, beating, digging, etc etc,,,, The Dog had a broken leg has a pup, and lost his eye to a kick from a beast later in his career which stopped the lamping had it made him blind in one eye...he's still doing bits on the fells and mooching about but not as much nowadays.

9048677A-127C-4B97-AE14-2726236076C0_zps

20302E2F-E5BC-43AA-955B-A81346103531_zps

My kind of dog is Don. In fact i'm off to look at something similar this week :thumbs:
hopefully work out for you. Hopefully he will pass his traits on when he lines my bitch swift. She should of broke over the summer but never. Typical.

Toughness, hard, Reliable, honest... There the traits that made up for that missing top gear he never had.

Iv seen a bitch out of don run and she's fearless and a game bitch but does lack that final gear !
  • Like 1