Unusual Crosses

Walking the mutts today ran into a guy with an unusual lurcher, must admit on first sighting i was a bit concered about my dogs, and on the second sighting i was a bit concered about myself, it approached head down tail up in air, until 20yds off then came to me tail wagging like a puppy, big sigh of relief Any way got talking to the owner and he said it was the result of an accidental mating, it was obviously a boxer x greyhound that had thrown to the grey, it was about 28tts, and looked like it could pull a buffalo down, Realising in the conversation that he obviously would never work it i never pursued the subject. but it looked like it could have been a great pre ban dog (get out of jail free card) have you guys seen any similar dogs.

• Like 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the "ultimate".. takes the lot & can hear a Blackbird 200 yards down the street heading towards our house even with the TV turned up,any visitors have to be aware she ankle bites too..hunt

A couple of collie/greyhounds I've seen were pretty unusual. They would've given most people a nervous breakdown!

My sisters jack russel x chihuahua the little twat will rip your throat out soon as look at you, a real man stopper.

I'm hoping to acquire a cane corso x pit bull. If that dog works well for the niche I hope it fills, then I will cross it to a wolfhound deerhound greyhound dog of mine. It has a tall order to to fill but it comes from working dogs so maybe it will develop into a well performing dog. Only then will I make the cross.

I'm hoping to acquire a cane corso x pit bull. If that dog works well for the niche I hope it fills, then I will cross it to a wolfhound deerhound greyhound dog of mine. It has a tall order to to fill but it comes from working dogs so maybe it will develop into a well performing dog. Only then will I make the cross.

suppose with that many breeds in the mix, your not really going to know what genes the pup will pick, but it sounds like it will be big type stag ideal for yote work :thumbs: .i did see the one day at my old place, a tosa x the bloke said it had bit of greyhound in it, it looked like racey type dane with big head lol dont think it would catch much lol , but he said it was not bad guard dog ..

Went to Yorkshire to pick up a pressa pup.

And the lad had a dog there.douge de bourdeux x apbt.must of been touching 30"head like a bucket.scary looking thing.

This is the "ultimate".. takes the lot & can hear a Blackbird 200 yards down the street heading towards our house even with the TV turned up,any visitors have to be aware she ankle bites too..hunts,guard dog & general f***ing nuisance but she's my buddy,where I go she goes " literally",if I sit on a seat she's with me,if I move she comes with me onto another seat lol..strange breed,strange dog just a weirdo really lol...

PSX_20160114_211820_zpszyjqwwdv.jpg

PSX_20160106_162716_zpsjrofodrf.jpg

• Like 14

suppose with that many breeds in the mix, your not really going to know what genes the pup will pick, but it sounds like it will be big type stag ideal for yote work :thumbs: .i did see the one day at my old place, a tosa x the bloke said it had bit of greyhound in it, it looked like racey type dane with big head lol dont think it would catch much lol , but he said it was not bad guard dog ..

You are right!

Went to Yorkshire to pick up a pressa pup.

And the lad had a dog there.douge de bourdeux x apbt.must of been touching 30"head like a bucket.scary looking thing.

Did it have the drool hanging from both sides of the mouth there discusting things those French mastifs

• Like 1

A couple of collie/greyhounds I've seen were pretty unusual. They would've given most people a nervous breakdown! :laugh:

:D true
Had a sheltie collie grey once .

Nice dogs those shelties. An old mate of mine's mum had two, sharp as tacks and very intelligent

A couple of collie/greyhounds I've seen were pretty unusual. They would've given most people a nervous breakdown! :laugh:

:D true
Had a sheltie collie grey once .

Nice dogs those shelties. An old mate of mine's mum had two, sharp as tacks and very intelligent

wonder what they be like x back whippet, as both are similar size , you prob get good feet and coat from the mix with bit of brain, good for rabbiting in the day, and bit in the night.