Coat Preference

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rough with a double coat and the coat should be harsh not soft.

All coats will hold water, but some will shake it off easier. The difference I find with a harsh double coat is it's harder for rain to penatrate it. This bitch has a soft coat, it doesn't hold out r

in the cold and wet a bit more fat on the dog is as important as coat, too light and they suffer in the cold, visa versa in the heat.

Posted Images

I prefere a rough coated type with some face furnishings don't look as worn around the face as a smooth few seasons down the line,I wouldn't have one with a linty type coat mind,ones I see like that seem to get cut up around arse tails when in a tight spot.atb dc

• Like 2

Mine get washed and under a heat lamp for the night Lee. Starting my new block of kennels and will be incorporating a special kennel/sick bay with lamps and tube heaters.finally deck and sort out the rest of the garden and keep her in doors off my back-moaning about how many kennels already -you not having more dogs blah blah blah lol.atb dc

• Like 3

Mine get washed and under a heat lamp for the night Lee. Starting my new block of kennels and will be incorporating a special kennel/sick bay with lamps and tube heaters.finally deck and sort out the rest of the garden and keep her in doors off my back-moaning about how many kennels already -you not having more dogs blah blah blah lol.atb dc

Admit it Daniel, if the wife chucks you out for coming home late and drunk you've made a nice bed for yourself, LOL.

Been there done that, only it wasn't the wife, it was the mother.

• Like 1

in the cold and wet a bit more fat on the dog is as important as coat, too light and they suffer in the cold, visa versa in the heat.

I agree 100% .

I keep my terriers a bit heavier than most lads simply because I've seen terriers coming out a pound or two lighter than they went in. So imagine what 20 hours or more would do and that can happen any terrier if they get trapped.

• Like 5