Meat .?

the people next door to me, keep live stock, sheep, horses, alpacas , they been lambing the last 2 weeks, got 22 lambs most blacks few whites . me and the wife were watching from the back garden playing in the fields ., it was great to see them running/ jumping a round . brill :thumbs: . it really makes you think about eating meat, when you watch this lot really does, ok in couple months time when there bigger and of to market, they will be just lamb chops on a plate true . But it deff makes you look at meat to consume differently , i suppose because i like the taste of meat/fish i wont change , but seeing those little lambs playing deff does make you think different. .

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think, as we get older that we are more aware of life and death and we tend to ponder these things more. The closer to death we come, the more we value life.

I wish most of what my dogs catch be they the lurcher or terriers could get up and run off afterwards,execpt for the meat the game can bring i do hate just putting things on the muck heap.I've said t

This hunting, killing business,.. is an entirely personal thing....   Back in the day,..I wanted to catch, kill and carry,..everything,.no surrender,.no prisoners   Now,...unless critters are bei

Just get them to cut the ears off them so you wont know

true lol, they were like little black pups playing about really nice to see lol, but suppose meat- meat on your dinner plate, and i love sunday lamb dinners etc, so thats that .!lol

• Like 1

Sure this should be in the general talk

yeh in a way :thumbs: , but suppose because ive killed things for 30 years, just wanted to know if anybody ever felt like that , still like meat so nothing changed .!!

Sure this should be in the general talk

yeh in a way :thumbs: , but suppose because ive killed things for 30 years, just wanted to know if anybody ever felt like that , still like meat so nothing changed .!!

RAY........................................ :no:

There is a big vegan advert sign on the roadside near where I live with the caption- why love one, and eat the other as a puppy, and a piglet stand together, I wonder how many of these vegans have livestock tucked up by their sides on the settee of an evening, I often wonder how I can hunt the animals that interest, and fascinate me so much, but you have got to balance sentiment with reality, animals exist to be worked, hunted, reared for eating, or as pets, they've all got their own specific purpose for existing

• Like 3

There is a big vegan advert sign on the roadside near where I live with the caption- why love one, and eat the other as a puppy, and a piglet stand together, I wonder how many of these vegans have livestock tucked up by their sides on the settee of an evening, I often wonder how I can hunt the animals that interest, and fascinate me so much, but you have got to balance sentiment with reality, animals exist to be worked, hunted, reared for eating, or as pets, they've all got their own specific purpose for existing

I've always thought rabbits are as much a crop as wheat etc, all prey animals exist to feed predators.