Boxing At The Weekend...

I think Canelo,s cherry picking ways just went totally wrong he thought he would beat bivol because he never had that much ring experience ,they thought he would be overwhelmed by the big fight night, but he just stuck to his plan and exposed  canelo canelo looked a bit like teofimo Lopez when he under estimated B ?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Gene said:

Such as? Can't vegans get their fats and proteins from sources like peanut butter and such?

Maybe both sides are correct, that too much red meat isn't all too good for you, and maybe a vegan only diet isn't optimal.

Maybe a balanced diet is the best way to go even though our bodies are great at adapting.

Do a bit of research as to what nutrients humans NEED, not just through 'diet choice'.

Not being intentionly obtuse, but I can't be bothered to look up vegan diet links, at the moment.

Just to add, if veganism is that healthy for anyone, why is there a huge market for supplements, for vegans to add the essential vitamins, minerals, fats and proteins to their diets, which are lacking in plants?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Gene said:

Such as? Can't vegans get their fats and proteins from sources like peanut butter and such?

Maybe both sides are correct, that too much red meat isn't all too good for you, and maybe a vegan only diet isn't optimal.

Maybe a balanced diet is the best way to go even though our bodies are great at adapting.

It might be OK in the short term,like an elimination diet to cut out processed shit,but most that stay on long term shrivel to nothing an die,plenty have.

The 'fat' you get from a plant is oil,not the same as from meat greb

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Gene said:

I can recall about 20 year ago UFC star Randy Couture put his brilliant form down to his vegan diet, again, who knows hey, everybody reacts differently anyway.

I would find it just about impossible to cut out meat from my diet, I mean chips with no kebab meat. ?

Just look at your teeth, they are designed for an omnivorous diet, sheep have molars for grass, cats have killing and cutting teeth for meat and we have a bit of both simples ?

• Like 1
Just now, Gene said:

Yeah, but that doesn't mean excesses of meat isn't bad for you.

I think you can't go wrong with a balanced diet at the end of the day.

Excess of anything is bad mate as you say stay somewhere in the middle and you,ll be fine ??

17 minutes ago, Gene said:

Flip that around though and couldn't you say if you had a meat only diet you wouldn't get all your vitamins and minerals?

Greb, behave yourself ffs.  You'll not goad me into a 3 page long 'discussion' about the 'benefits' of veganism. 

The end.  ?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Pretty much what shark said he turned down 55 mil to fight spence 45 mil to fight charlo etc I think he will go back and try to finally beat ggg now he has had his arse whooped ??

Feck me I must be an oracle ??

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Gene said:

Calm down Magoo, seeing as me and you have never tried the diet and seeing as though the science is forever changing I think it's safe to say we both don't know the truth.

2 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Why so many pages lol 

There's only one Magoo on this site, greb, thank f**k.

21 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Really good fight i thought mate,id been told Richards was past his best but i thought he put up a good show and it was a close fight....for me Buatsi seems to have lost something i thought he would win more clearly than that.

Such a strong division theres some cracking fights to be made domestically....Buatsi/Yarde/Arthur/Richards/Johnson/Smith/Azeez all top quality fighters.

?i thought buatsi did well it is a strong division domestically and world bivol joe smith beterbiev hard to win a world title 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Francie said:

Suppose there's always someone out there better greb,the vegan diet leads to a malnourished an a slow death,it had to have some affect depending on what his diet was before,I'd say meat based,wtf possessed him to bloat himself on a vegan death diet il never know.

Ive been out the gym game a few years now so dont keep up with the latest research and studies but the general opinion i formed over the years is similar to your own Francie....i believe that for a sportsman the vegan diet needs to be near perfect and the person needs to have the genetics to suit it in terms of how the body converts pre cursor nutrients....not every persons genetics will suit it and thats why very few sportsmen do well on a vegan diet i could give an example in the sport i love Arm Wrestling a Russian chap Alexei Voevoda beat the greatest Arm Wrestler in history years ago and was looking totally unstoppable for a short period,he then went over to a full on vegan diet and was never heard of in the sport again,he went over to the Russian bobsleigh team and was done for juicing as his body and blood lipids etc were simply suffering.

The subject is too involved to go right into but the basic hypocrisy is astounding sometimes.....most vegans are deficient in B12 and have to supplement it.....depending on the source of the supplement its either animal based ( which kind of defeats the object ! ) or its synthetic,meaning the liver is being forced to rid the chemical toxins out and convert it to piss in the kidneys....how is that in any way good ?....plus the fact that B12 found within plants actually blocks the absorption of true B12 that can only be found in animal products.

We are omnivores and eat the most nutrient dense foods available thats how evolution works and no traditional group of people have ever evolved without meat.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Ive been out the gym game a few years now so dont keep up with the latest research and studies but the general opinion i formed over the years is similar to your own Francie....i believe that for a sportsman the vegan diet needs to be near perfect and the person needs to have the genetics to suit it in terms of how the body converts pre cursor nutrients....not every persons genetics will suit it and thats why very few sportsmen do well on a vegan diet i could give an example in the sport i love Arm Wrestling a Russian chap Alexei Voevoda beat the greatest Arm Wrestler in history years ago and was looking totally unstoppable for a short period,he then went over to a full on vegan diet and was never heard of in the sport again,he went over to the Russian bobsleigh team and was done for juicing as his body and blood lipids etc were simply suffering.

The subject is too involved to go right into but the basic hypocrisy is astounding sometimes.....most vegans are deficient in B12 and have to supplement it.....depending on the source of the supplement its either animal based ( which kind of defeats the object ! ) or its synthetic,meaning the liver is being forced to rid the chemical toxins out and convert it to piss in the kidneys....how is that in any way good ?....plus the fact that B12 found within plants actually blocks the absorption of true B12 that can only be found in animal products.

We are omnivores and eat the most nutrient dense foods available thats how evolution works and no traditional group of people have ever evolved without meat.

Basically, without delving into all the ins and outs of all this veganism shite, this is what I was saying yesterday.

We are NOT meant to be vegans, which is simply a 'diet choice'.

• Like 1