Boxing At The Weekend...

24 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I'm not sure of his record exactly, but he only lost the once and must've been in 20 or so championship fights... 35 plus fights?

He had a lot of hand trouble later on, which probably was a big factor into him finishing when he did... Im unsure how many times he was actually hurt, he was so unothodox it made him look more troubled than he was at times, and then as you say he would produce some ridiculous shot from a crazy angle and that was that..lol

You could say struggled, I reckon apart from Barrea he knew what he was doing!! Lol

what about the kelly fight lol 

he was good mate he’d a been better if he took his loss and come back bloke from round corner trained in the  ingle gym same time he rates him highly 

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

15 hours ago, kanny said:

😆 

I just watched that and was gonna post it , but you beat me too it. I was pissin myself watching that , proper made me tickle it did. Fair play Carl Froch,  even his wife in the background was pissin herself. Absolutely class lol 

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, mC HULL said:

naz was always getting caught doing it  and dropped pulling  back when he was at it wasn’t he just had that one shot thst could get him out a trouble 

but whittaker seems to have good power aswell

Lets see how Whittaker perfects that style when he starts fighting the calibre of opponent Naz fought 😉

• Like 1
23 hours ago, mC HULL said:

so he has got to that low weight in ten weeks how do you do that has he starved his self ? or has he been doing cardio work 

i don’t live with him but i watch his fights so i know he is light 

i thought usyk didn’t sign in feb it was never going to be in london when there’s saudi money 

23 december he didn’t want i know that and this time he’s cut can’t do nowt with that 

how many big fights get made this quick and who ? 

Mate you are too emotionally wrapped up in Fury to have a sensible discussion about him.....its like talking to a besotted schoolboy for crying out loud !

Fury has faults that you cant/wont see lets leave it at that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
23 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Don't know how true it is, but the media yap is he struggled with his sparring, maybe a bit got left in the ring with the Nganou fight, he certainly never expected to be put on his ass that's for sure... I think Paddy's point about his mental state is very valid as well, I've no doubt the cut is real, was an accident etc..but surely with only 2 weeks to his biggest fight you would be completely risk adverse and hard sparring would be off the agenda?

Hard sparring 2 weeks out is off the agenda if you have had a full camp......if you havent had a full camp your reactions and timing will not be where they need to be in order to start tapering off which most fighters do 2 weeks out......again,it doesnt hurt Fury for this fight to be postponed thats a fact.....the rest you just make your own mind up.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I'm not sure of his record exactly, but he only lost the once and must've been in 20 or so championship fights... 35 plus fights?

He had a lot of hand trouble later on, which probably was a big factor into him finishing when he did... Im unsure how many times he was actually hurt, he was so unothodox it made him look more troubled than he was at times, and then as you say he would produce some ridiculous shot from a crazy angle and that was that..lol

You could say struggled, I reckon apart from Barrea he knew what he was doing!! Lol

Those herky jerky unorthodox movements Naz made had a lot of brains behind them,creating momentum from odd angles etc.....whereas this lad Whittaker at the moment is standing in range doing them for no reason other than to " be different " in my opinion.

18 hours ago, Dutch said:

Happy retirement to John Ryder - what a warrior who got everything out of his ability

Absolutely.....smashing lad John went further than his ability should have taken him which was down to hard word and dedication....i was around that gym early on its lovely to see John leave the game financially sound and everything intact.....pity a few of the others didnt but thats life,John has a lot to be proud of.

Edited by gnasher16
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Those herky jerky unorthodox movements Naz made had a lot of brains behind them,creating momentum from odd angles etc.....whereas this lad Whittaker at the moment is standing in range doing them for no reason other than to " be different " in my opinion.

Good points mate...it seemed very natural to Naz, that was hid style completely... where as, as you say, whitaker is gaining nothing from it and perhaps even detracting from his ability... its early days for him, and the comparisons to Naz are only because he's showy, he's got a bloody long way to go until that comparison means anything

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Hard sparring 2 weeks out is off the agenda if you have had a full camp......if you havent had a full camp your reactions and timing will not be where they need to be in order to start tapering off which most fighters do 2 weeks out......again,it doesnt hurt Fury for this fight to be postponed thats a fact.....the rest you just make your own mind up.

Got ya.. probably an avoidable accident then... 

ONever mind the fury circus, Tim tzsu v Keith Thurman opinions and thoughts, never really liked Thurman, tzsu is young undefeated and a bit of a beast, so I,m predicting a night of pain for Thurman anyone ?? Also predicting another knock out for rolly Romero on the undercard when he faces pit bull Cruz 

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 2
53 minutes ago, Greyman said:

ONever mind the fury circus, Tim tzsu v Keith Thurman opinions and thoughts, never really liked Thurman, tzsu is young undefeated and a bit of a beast, so I,m predicting a night of pain for Thurman anyone ?? Also predicting another knock out for rolly Romero on the undercard when he faces pit bull Cruz 

I think we've yapped on here before about young Tzsu mate, I agree I think he'll beat Thurman... looks good don't he..

• Like 1