Boxing At The Weekend...

Not sure I'd like my Trainer/Dad making these comments straight after the fight... calling out Porters prepation before the fight as the reason he threw the towel in.. strange!

Porter is a decent man in loss, humble and modest... fair play to him

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Not sure I'd like my Trainer/Dad making these comments straight after the fight... calling out Porters prepation before the fight as the reason he threw the towel in.. strange!

Porter is a decent man in loss, humble and modest... fair play to him

Out of likes but totally agree mate found it all very strange, I new it would be a last roll off the dice for porter but thought he was probably up when the towel got thrown and his dads comments were shameful ??

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Out of likes but totally agree mate found it all very strange, I new it would be a last roll off the dice for porter but thought he was probably up when the towel got thrown and his dads comments were shameful ??

He was punching the floor in frustration after the 2nd knockdown, he looked fine to continue, I don't think he couldv'e won and was likely to be stopped.... but this is a world title fight... I would imagine he was less polite in the changing room to his old man, he wouldv'e been fumimg at not only being pulled out but those stupid comments...

If the Spence fight can't be made do you think he will go up to Middleweight?

Perhaps have a shot at GGG?

What other fights are out there for him?

• Like 2

I agree with you chaps the Porter stoppage was a poor way to go out he knew the mistake he had made and needed to adjust as all fighters do....he has a wreckless style anyway so always going to get caught by top fighters.....ive never liked the whole father/son corner scenario and thought the father completely embarrassed the lad....even if he thought it you dont say it,and you certainly dont use it as an excuse afterwards....i thought Crawford made hard work of it to be honest.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Hosea burton got destroyed 

Very one sided fight in the end wasnt it....im really pleased for Dan Azeez he,s a nice lad i remember him getting into a few local gyms some years back saying he wanted to do some unlicensed fights but after watching him spar a number of us suggested he get himself to a good amateur club as it was obvious he could go a lot further than the unlicensed game and now here he is British Champion....good for him.

Edited by gnasher16
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Very one sided fight in the end wasnt it....im really pleased for Dan he,s a nice lad i remember him getting into a few local gyms some years back saying he wanted to do some unlicensed fights....but having seen him spar a number of us suggested he get himself to a good amateur club as it was obvious he could go a lot further than the unlicensed game and now here he is British Champion....good for him.

Overpowered burton! Way too strong not a bad technique either enjoyed watching it 

26 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Overpowered burton! Way too strong not a bad technique either enjoyed watching it 

He was tactically perfect the plan was always to offset Burton with head movement and he did it without even having to throw punches he was getting him out of position purely with head movement people think Dan is just an inside rough them up type but he has a decent boxing brain.....its a strong division domestically and theres some nice fights/money ahead for him.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I agree with you chaps the Porter stoppage was a poor way to go out he knew the mistake he had made and needed to adjust as all fighters do....he has a wreckless style anyway so always going to get caught by top fighters.....ive never liked the whole father/son corner scenario and thought the father completely embarrassed the lad....even if he thought it you dont say it,and you certainly dont use it as an excuse afterwards....i thought Crawford made hard work of it to be honest.

Considering Porter done exactly what Porter always does it did seem to take a long time for Crawford to adjust and get himself going, he never really looked in any trouble though. 

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Considering Porter done exactly what Porter always does it did seem to take a long time for Crawford to adjust and get himself going, he never really looked in any trouble though. 

Looked to me like Crawford got a little bit caught up with his own ego at times not wanting to give ground in the exchanges when a simple little retreat look and hook type of movement was on all night long....and what he ended the fight with.

Just now, gnasher16 said:

Looked to me like Crawford got a little bit caught up with his own ego at times not wanting to give ground in the exchanges when a simple little retreat look and hook type of movement was on all night long....and what he ended the fight with.

Yeah agreed mate, I don't know if it was ego or he just wasn't bothered by Porters power, probably a bit of both imo, still bashing heads for 9 rounds wasn't what I expected from him!! lol

Will be interesting now to see what he does next, I just can't see him staying at Welterweight if the only fight really out there, Spence, never happens. 

16 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Yeah agreed mate, I don't know if it was ego or he just wasn't bothered by Porters power, probably a bit of both imo, still bashing heads for 9 rounds wasn't what I expected from him!! lol

Will be interesting now to see what he does next, I just can't see him staying at Welterweight if the only fight really out there, Spence, never happens. 

Just looked back at my last post ive probably worded that a bit rough in fairness the geezers a world champion ?....its why i prefer live sport !....from an " armchair " view the shot looked on for him all night but you like to think a world calibre fighter had his reasons for not executing it maybe it wasnt ego some fighters are that smart and have enough self belief that they'll see a shot early on but put it in the back pocket for later kind of thing....double bluff and walk him onto it when he tires its very impressive if it was and maybe he is just that good.

Im not really that familiar with the top yank competition around that weight is Josh Taylor a million miles away ability wise i wonder.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, stonewall said:

great fight from a few yrs back.

Thanks for posting that chief id forgot just what a good fight that was......to watch ive always preferred British title fights to World titles personally.....great commitment from 2 honest fighters there.

On 22/11/2021 at 10:33, gnasher16 said:

Just looked back at my last post ive probably worded that a bit rough in fairness the geezers a world champion ?....its why i prefer live sport !....from an " armchair " view the shot looked on for him all night but you like to think a world calibre fighter had his reasons for not executing it maybe it wasnt ego some fighters are that smart and have enough self belief that they'll see a shot early on but put it in the back pocket for later kind of thing....double bluff and walk him onto it when he tires its very impressive if it was and maybe he is just that good.

Im not really that familiar with the top yank competition around that weight is Josh Taylor a million miles away ability wise i wonder.

I think he’s a slight bit above Josh, but would be a hell of a fight….