Which Ferret Finder?

You'll regret it. Mk1 all day long, in my humble opinion. All I keep thinking about when out is being reasonably quiet. With that thing screeching unmercifully I've got my doubts. Only an opinion.

My only experience of the Mk 1 was from a couple of occasions out with other people many years ago. When I bought my own I bought the Mk 3 simply because that was what was available at the time.

I'm one of those people who loves a bit of nostalgia and prefers the old-fashioned ways of doing things, so if I'd started with a Mk 1 I'd probably stick with it and slate the Mk 3 but because I kind of started with it I see it as the norm.

Its all personal preference, i use the mk3, my hunting partner has just switched from mk1 to mk3 himself.
I find the mk1 is easier to use although i think the mk3 is more precise, especially around wire fences

Eh up son. How are you. Well, I advocate the mk 1 and certainly don't go stomping round the bury. Mine are all on long cords which I just swing across the ground. No need to stomp. No different to a good rabbit man using the mk 3. Less noise the better in my opinion. For saying that, whilst laying in my pit, a conversation was going on in my lounge which to be honest I heard every word. Rabbits and other ground animals must hear every sound and vibration because that is how they survive. Moral ? Quiet as you can but don't be disalusioned, they can hear you.

The mk1 for me just had to solder two new battery connections on two boxes a depth wheel capacitor on the third and that my boxes ready to be stored for the summer summer with the collars all cleaned I wouldn't be able to fix a mk3 box that easy

• Like 1