Plummer Cross Bedlington Terrier

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Him asking if the bitch had taken, an you half naked in a mounted position made me drop me buiscut in me tea

three quarter bred,quarter gary middleton bred Lakeland..hard but sickly bitch..

No problem Bosun.

Posted Images

Set up a photobucket account .Email or upload your pics to it and copy ,paste the url on here .Believe me im shite on a computer so anyone can do it mate .

You don't have to do all that with an "Apple" mate so it depends on your set up,good luck if you're using "windows,etc",depending on your camera you may have to re-size the pic as this site only allows for very small pics to upload, WM

Set up a photobucket account .Email or upload your pics to it and copy ,paste the url on here .Believe me im shite on a computer so anyone can do it mate .

I've only recently started using.more reply options FD.instead of photobucket.much quicker and better.

Only downside is.sometime the file is to big and needs cropping.

More reply options/choose file/attach this file.job done.

Edited by king

I have a samsung , does somebody have snapchat and i can send it u and then u put it up because i forgot my email after i made this account

Is it a phone?? or a pc,laptop,i-pad ?? what is the operating system,windows ?? if so what one ?? there are many sorts and can be very different, I just click the same as King and it brings up my files, I choose the pic and "open", now providing the file is not too big it will upload if not I put it on my desktop and resize till its less than 195,then upload it, practise makes perfect.WM

That's your half breeds out then Mort .The genuine article is all but lost to history .

The reason you half breed is to breed truer to type a few generations later,possibly why i went the Fell route that had Beddy ancestry and not to a coloured terrier that did not,would not and could not further the breed .History learnt some of us that breed towards work,from workers,towards a type that throws type,from workers,that are a type of terrier will eventually produce a terrier of a certain type that grafts.If it fails to produce grafters,if it fails to throw to type,then advertise them on here at £400 a pop and they will soon find a fitting kennel.How many shall i put you down for?.

I know all about the whys mate but is it not true that genuine Beddy full bloods are on the decline for work .See to me, and i know a few lads that have them ,i cant get my head around persevering with a breed that needs a half cross to continue .Why not work the fell type thats doing it and cut losses .Dont get me wrong i respect the men such as yourself and others for trying but life is too short for what ifs .Answer to your last question is you can put down as many as you like for me lol

Plucky .......good post .

There is and never was a "full blood" mutt ever bred,its impossible to breed such a type.The nearest you can get to a "pure" type of Bedlington id not kennel,firstly because they are bred without a true work ethic and second they are bred without a work ethic.The facts are that the Original Bedlington,as a worker,had few equals,at work.Now they are a piss poor representation of a Working bred terrier that once Worked.The small minority that are bred now,with honest graft behind their breeding,are better represented by hybrids,they are truer to their ancestry than any KC pish and nonsense,especially IF they are bred to type,with type and graft in mind.An hybrid Bedlington terrier that throws even litters that are suitable for the field are a better representation of the Bedlington than the majority of the so called pures..

That's your half breeds out then Mort .The genuine article is all but lost to history .

The reason you half breed is to breed truer to type a few generations later,possibly why i went the Fell route that had Beddy ancestry and not to a coloured terrier that did not,would not and could not further the breed .History learnt some of us that breed towards work,from workers,towards a type that throws type,from workers,that are a type of terrier will eventually produce a terrier of a certain type that grafts.If it fails to produce grafters,if it fails to throw to type,then advertise them on here at £400 a pop and they will soon find a fitting kennel.How many shall i put you down for?.

I know all about the whys mate but is it not true that genuine Beddy full bloods are on the decline for work .See to me, and i know a few lads that have them ,i cant get my head around persevering with a breed that needs a half cross to continue .Why not work the fell type thats doing it and cut losses .Dont get me wrong i respect the men such as yourself and others for trying but life is too short for what ifs .Answer to your last question is you can put down as many as you like for me lol

There is and never was a "full blood" mutt ever bred,its impossible to breed such a type.The nearest you can get to a "pure" type of Bedlington id not kennel,firstly because they are bred without a true work ethic and second they are bred without a work ethic.The facts are that the Original Bedlington,as a worker,had few equals,at work.Now they are a piss poor representation of a Working bred terrier that once Worked.The small minority that are bred now,with honest graft behind their breeding,are better represented by hybrids,they are truer to their ancestry than any KC pish and nonsense,especially IF they are bred to type,with type and graft in mind.An hybrid Bedlington terrier that throws even litters that are suitable for the field are a better representation of the Bedlington than the majority of the so called pures..

Did the original Bedlington terrier have few equals or was it simply an iron hard worker, and really made its mark adding poke to other earth dogs...?

Did the original Bedlington terrier have few equals or was it simply an iron hard worker, and really made its mark adding poke to other earth dogs...?

In the era and area the Bedlington was bred and worked,it was often the case that best lined best,often without a type being the goal,work ethic was paramount to any breeding.Along the way type became zone centred and the Fell and Dales types then flourished within their zones,owner influenced.The Bedlington may have become the nucleus of Fell,Lakey,Black terrier ancestry,as was the Fell,Lakey and Black in the Beddy ancestry,the Border was spawned from the mix.Original is such a deceptive phrase,what was the original?,possibly only the early Todhunters that sallied forth from further North knew.

Morton, just thinking out loud here and in no way trying to disrespect, the breed you own and breed. A breed i much admire but looking at those early photos, i'd say the Bedlington as a type and a type, that then, as now, stood out as different. And that different seems, in the photos i've seen, more uniform than any other 'breed' around then.

Tommy Dobsons old Beddys were peas in a pod and that picture showing Rawlinsons dog would pass for a working Beddy of today. They certainly dont look like the worker to worker type of other terrier types around then.

So my question is, was the Bedlington of old a well bred, hard bitten jack of all trades that was added to but eventually gave way, to the earth dogs we see today?

Morton, just thinking out loud here and in no way trying to disrespect, the breed you own and breed. A breed i much admire but looking at those early photos, i'd say the Bedlington as a type and a type, that then, as now, stood out as different. And that different seems, in the photos i've seen, more uniform than any other 'breed' around then.

Tommy Dobsons old Beddys were peas in a pod and that picture showing Rawlinsons dog would pass for a working Beddy of today. They certainly dont look like the worker to worker type of other terrier types around then.

So my question is, was the Bedlington of old a well bred, hard bitten jack of all trades that was added to but eventually gave way, to the earth dogs we see today?

I certainly believe it heavily influenced the breeding of many recognised types that followed,then overtook the Bedlington in the working field.I honestly believe the influence of the KC feckwits,then and now,played a destructive influence on Bedlingtons that the Border and Lakey also suffered from.3 honourable working breeds with honourable working heritage that are far less honourable now,at times.

Nice labradoodle pal lol

Its difficult to discern from a photo a true representation of a working jukel.I have 3 Bedlingtons here that if depicted in the glare of a camera,s lens may look a little less than what they may actually be.Granted they are not the roached backed,tall,tall type depicted,which id not comfortably support as working bred,yet i find few camera,s are as honestly focused as some would have us believe.