A Tartan Topic..

Aye definitely great place..

Your lucky enough with coast to one side and lake district to the other..

Did you see many other walkers ??

It's that time of year for them,I've seen folks on top of latrigg in flip flops lol

Nobody on the tops Giro,a few walking the paths around the Loch with all the gear on lol,we came down what we thought was the path but ultimately it was part of a sheep trod lol,was over 3000ft up and fcuking scary at times haha,a mountain hare passed us he was heading up as we were scrambling down lmao,he just sat and watched (laughing) i guess haha..snow was a good few feet deep in places,not exactly easy walking ..Latrigg well you get the "wanabee" brigade congregation there all year round but never seen them in flip flops lmao

Went up skiddaw in December and turned back nearly at top of little man.

Poor viability and scary hellish wind needed crampons and axes really there was no path to follow.

Little woman came trudging along with a 80's cagoule, jeans and dunlope green wellies no bag or nothing.

No fear factor asked if she was near the sumit..

post-3937-0-19654700-1459365724_thumb.jpg

Dangerous places to be with out the gear..

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My eldest lad Jamie (Frankel) had a day off work today so we had ourselves a 400 mile drive & a walk which would kill many a man lol (that ain't a lie either) haha..holy shit it was "severe" hard

Good graft up there today. Really pleased with my pup and how she's coming along. Seen some class wildlife. Here's a couple pics I took. Not sure if one will work has it's a panoramic of my phone.

Thanks King ? ..i love Scotland Mackay,it's an amazing place,i certainly intend to put my footprints on as much of it as i can whilst im able..i aint even got a passport & feel no need to get one

Posted Images

Defo mate,i turned back tother week as i felt it unsafe more so being on my own,i aint got crampons or an ice axe but some places you need them for your own safety,some people are very reckless,wellies & a fkn cagoule aint exactly whats required up one of Englands highest peaks ffs

• Like 1

There's dog walks and there's dog walks fugi you boys don't do things by half, truly spectacular photos keep on posting mate

I am taking a trip up come summer and every time you post pictures like that, makes me even more determined

Atb

• Like 2

There's dog walks and there's dog walks fugi you boys don't do things by half, truly spectacular photos keep on posting mate

I am taking a trip up come summer and every time you post pictures like that, makes me even more determined

Atb

Make sure you take your camera bud!! Its paradise up there lol,hope you get the same enjoyment from your trip as we do..if you need a heads up on where to go give me a holla near the time ?
  • Like 1

Epic Fuji. Your definitely fit as a (old as f**k)fiddle lol.

I love a walk like that for the scenery but I deffo need someone to lead the way ,

My self motivation ain't what it used to be .

Cracking photos again fuji

• Like 1

Atb

Make sure you take your camera bud!! Its paradise up there lol,hope you get the same enjoyment from your trip as we do..if you need a heads up on where to go give me a holla near the time

Will do mate I will have 2 kids with me 11 and 9 so won't be too extreme but would definitely take onboard any recommendations you might have

Atb

Nice photos again.

A friend of mine had a big scare a few weeks back with his little girl and she was saved in the Royal Sick Kids. He raising money by running up Ben Vorlik 3 times.....think it's around 25mile. Doubt it will be easy.

Ben Vorlich is my next port of call Lab ..fair play to your buddy,he must be one seriously fit guy!!

Ben Vorlich is a cracker. To run it 3 times is an epic. I have done a few times and every time was nearly blown off the top by the wind and rain. I think I might have an old pic of the lurcher on the top in the bucketing rain.

it puts a smile on my face every time i see a pic of the pom on a day out with the running dogs. some nice scenery there lads.

On the long trek back to the motor Trigger the Saluki & Cur had resided to walk to heel,they were knackered lol..only one dog was still trailblazing

well done the pom.

• Like 1

Aye definitely great place..

Your lucky enough with coast to one side and lake district to the other..

Did you see many other walkers ??

It's that time of year for them,I've seen folks on top of latrigg in flip flops lol

Nobody on the tops Giro,a few walking the paths around the Loch with all the gear on lol,we came down what we thought was the path but ultimately it was part of a sheep trod lol,was over 3000ft up and fcuking scary at times haha,a mountain hare passed us he was heading up as we were scrambling down lmao,he just sat and watched (laughing) i guess haha..snow was a good few feet deep in places,not exactly easy walking ..Latrigg well you get the "wanabee" brigade congregation there all year round but never seen them in flip flops lmao

Went up skiddaw in December and turned back nearly at top of little man.

Poor viability and scary hellish wind needed crampons and axes really there was no path to follow.

Little woman came trudging along with a 80's cagoule, jeans and dunlope green wellies no bag or nothing.

No fear factor asked if she was near the sumit..

attachicon.gifIMG-20160118-WA0055.jpg

Dangerous places to be with out the gear..

Bet a lot of people have found out the hard way how dangerous some of these places really can be, I know of one walking club that won't let you on the coach if you turn up in a pair of jeans
  • Like 2

Defo mate,i turned back tother week as i felt it unsafe more so being on my own,i aint got crampons or an ice axe but some places you need them for your own safety,some people are very reckless,wellies & a fkn cagoule aint exactly whats required up one of Englands highest peaks ffs

My Godfather, a keen and experienced walker who took me Youth Hostelling many times as an adolescent, collapsed and died of a heart attack on Hellvellyn in 1994. R.I.P Uncle (proffessor) Brian Hartley

Cheers, D.

My Godfather, a keen and experienced walker who took me Youth Hostelling many times as an adolescent, collapsed and died of a heart attack on Hellvellyn in 1994. R.I.P Uncle (proffessor) Brian Hartley

Cheers, D.

Bloody hell,thats so sad is that D,sounded like a fella who you had a great bond & lots of respect for..R.I.P Brian